Fire Gase Plane flying over Stadium: MERGED

Jetsbb

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  That's what real fans do.  They don't stomp out of the stadium when the TV cameras are pointing (Fireman Ed), they don't quit when asked to pay fair market value for their seats (you), and they don't fly planes attacking their new head coach (hashtag dirtbags).

SAR I

Great congrats nice enjoy, I was just checking to see if you decided to sell the remainder of the games. 

I know sometimes you do decide to sell tickets when unforeseen circumstances hinder you from attending. 

If my health situation allows it not sure yet the long walking and long standing situations aren't good for me right now I hope to finally meet you at a game if not this season maybe next. 

joewilly12 

That's why Joe Douglas is here. 

They make it work in Green Bay, New England, and New Orleans.  They have older QB's on fat deals and put a competitive product on the field.  One or two of those teams is going to the Super Bowl this year.

SAR I

Yes you need talented execs to make things work in such a situation.  So far I haven't seen ANYTHING from Adam Gase that tells me he's part of the solution.  And it's not like this is his first job so he doesn't get the "he's a rookie coach and will improve" benefit of the doubt.  

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yes you need talented execs to make things work in such a situation.  So far I haven't seen ANYTHING from Adam Gase that tells me he's part of the solution.  And it's not like this is his first job so he doesn't get the "he's a rookie coach and will improve" benefit of the doubt.  

He was 23-25 in Miami. 

41 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We're not good enough to even belong on the same field as the Dolphins?

Haven't you seen Ryan Fitzpatrick enough to know that when he is on point he can beat any team in the NFL?  24-36 3 TD's 0 INT's.

If Josh Rosen starts that game, we win easy even with our horrible injuries.  If you really want to use the Dolphins game as a benchmark, the plane should have asked for Gregg Williams' firing, bub.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Haven't you seen Ryan Fitzpatrick enough to know that when he is on point he can beat any team in the NFL?  24-36 3 TD's 0 INT's.

If Josh Rosen starts that game, we win easy even with our horrible injuries.  If you really use the Dolphins game as a benchmark, the plane should have asked for Gregg Williams' firing, bub.

SAR I

Oh right.  Fitz is so wonderful that the Jets don't have enough talent to even be on the same field as the Dolphins.  

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Josh Rosen starts that game, we win easy even with our horrible injuries.  If you really want to use the Dolphins game as a benchmark, the plane should have asked for Gregg Williams' firing, bub.

SAR I

SAR I 

The fact that we lost to the winless Dolphins with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB is pretty pathetic. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Remember when we were getting hints that Herndon, Mosley, and Beachum were coming back?  Didn't happen.

Cowboys
Patriots
at Jacksonville
at Miami

Before the season started, you had us going 1-3 during that stretch.  Well, we did.  Completely injured.  Beating the Cowboys instead of the Dolphins?  I'll take it.  It means a lot more.

SAR I

And the Dolphins traded Laremy Tunsil, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Kenny Stills.

8 games.

5 against NFL playoff teams.

4 without QB1.

4 with no OL, no WR's.

8 with an under-performing D that no one even talks about.

SAR I

The Steelers have played almost the entire season without Ben and they no longer have Brown/Bell yet they're 4-4.  Oh, and they played several games without their QB2.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

His foot work is exceptionally bad and his mechanics are worse his decision making is far worse than it's ever been. 

Thats called regressing. 

joewilly12

Go on an African Safari.  Crouch behind a camouflaged barrier wearing camouflaged clothing.

When the lion shows up, take off your camouflaged clothing, pull down the camouflaged barrier, hold up your rifle, tell me about your footwork "regressing".

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I never thought I would say this but my wife is hounding me to go shopping (CostCo) and at this current time thats a way better choice than remaining in this conversation where people just don't get it. 

The NY Jets are a bad football team and a bad organization all the excuses in the world do not make up for it. 

Hoping and praying like I have been for 50 years that things change for the better for all of us. 

• Upvote 2

SAR - even though I disagree with you a lot of the time, I actually think you're a good fan because I know you're passionate about the team.  However, I also think Joe Benigno is a good fan for the exact same reason.  And I think the same is true for many other Jet fans that you criticize.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The same 18,000 season ticket holders who write checks to the Jets every year who understand fully that NFL fandom means you suck for 10 years to have a shot at a Super Bowl for 3 years.

And say thank you.  After all, we're the ones who put tickets up on Stubhub for a-la-carte fans to buy at a discount.

SAR I

I havent been to a game in yrs. Thanks though. Spending hundreds of dollars to see dog sh*t. Im good.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Go on an African Safari.  Crouch behind a camouflaged barrier wearing camouflaged clothing.

When the lion shows up, take off your camouflaged clothing, pull down the camouflaged barrier, hold up your rifle, tell me about your footwork "regressing".

SAR I

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

One of the biggest benefits of being a 20 year season ticket holder is that when the Jets finally do turn it around it feels so much better for us than it does for the guy in his basement watching the games on a 15 year old plasma TV.

SAR I

Dream on, if you think they'll ever turn it around with Gase.

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Remember when we were getting hints that Herndon, Mosley, and Beachum were coming back?  Didn't happen.

Cowboys
Patriots
at Jacksonville
at Miami

Before the season started, you had us going 1-3 during that stretch.  Well, we did.  Completely injured.  Beating the Cowboys instead of the Dolphins?  I'll take it.  It means a lot more.

SAR I

According to you, Gase wasn't responsible for our 1 win though

On 11/6/2019 at 12:07 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Was Gase responsible for our 1 win?

On 11/6/2019 at 12:09 PM, SAR I said:

No.

SAR I

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The point is that there was no human alive who was going to walk in the door back in January who was going to fix this team by now. The damage had already been done and anyone who looked at this team objectively knew it was going to be a multiple-year project to get it straightened out. Adam Gase may well suck at his job, but holding him up as THE reason the Jets are where they are today is absurd, and you’d have to imagine that other prospective coaches around the league know it and will look to avoid a similar fate. 

Honest question: you’re a 45 year old guy who has worked his entire adult life to get a crack at a head coaching job, and the following jobs open up next year: the Jets, Giants, Cowboys, Jaguars, Falcons, Redskins, and Browns. Which one of those are you taking? And which one of those would you avoid like it’s laden with plague rats? 

Bill Belcihick?  

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

You said Parcells won with Kotite's team by doing Parcells things.  Belichick is a better coach than Parcells is.

I disagree that Belichick is better than Parcells. Parcells built the Pats up, took them to the Super Bowl, quit, and Belichick took the Pats job three years later after Pete Carroll got fired. Prior to that, Belichick was a washout in Cleveland whom Parcells saved from the unemployment line.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I disagree that Belichick is better than Parcells. Parcells built the Pats up, took them to the Super Bowl, quit, and Belichick took the Pats job three years later after Pete Carroll got fired. Prior to that, Belichick was a washout in Cleveland whom Parcells saved from the unemployment line.

Parcells is an all-time great but Belichick is ridiculous.  Parcells' best achievements (2 SB wins) were with Belichick as his DC.  And Belichick has gone to 9 SBs (winning 6) post-Parcells.

Honestly if fans were going to fly a plane with a banner, it should've read "sell the team, Johnson family" for letting Belichick slip through our fingers.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Parcells is an all-time great but Belichick is ridiculous.  Parcells' best achievements (2 SB wins) were with Belichick as his DC.  And Belichick has gone to 9 SBs (winning 6) post-Parcells.

Honestly if fans were going to fly a plane with a banner, it should've read "sell the team, Johnson family" for letting Belichick slip through our fingers.  

I’d like to see Belichick go somewhere else and build that team from scratch before I’m giving him that title. He landed in an ideal situation, Mo Lewis handed him Tom Brady, and a cowardly commissioner allowed him to defraud the league for the past 20 years. Let’s see him take over the Bengals and let’s see how great he is.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d like to see Belichick go somewhere else and build that team from scratch before I’m giving him that title. He landed in an ideal situation, Mo Lewis handed him Tom Brady, and a cowardly commissioner allowed him to defraud the league for the past 20 years. Let’s see him take over the Bengals and let’s see how great he is.

As much pain as he's caused every Jet fan, he's still an amazing HC.  Despite the cheating, I still think he's the GOAT.