Jetsbb

Fire Gase Plane flying over Stadium: MERGED

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Message to the "Revolution". This is what your fearless leader said in January:

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/142572-im-starting-to-be-more-positive/?do=findComment&comment=3964893

He doesn't have the answers either. 

thank you for stating the fact I never wanted any part of adam gase.  And I now have an answer:

SJM-L-49ERS-0923-76.jpg.3b9f107fc96e21a7bcd59030e016d6a2.jpg  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I just heard this moron on with Beningo and Evan Roberts, and it was possibly the most embarrassing segment of radio ever broadcast on WFAN. You’ve got these two chuckling halfwits (Joe and Evan), with Joe doing his tired “Oh duh pain” shtick, and then you have Evan saying the Jets are going to choose between Mike McCarthy and Lincoln Riley, but  he never stops to posit why 1. McCarthy was run out of Green Bay and now they’re contenders and 2. Why Lincoln Riley would take a massive pay cut to leave Oklahoma to coach  for a fan base that pays to hire airplanes meant to embarrass their coaches. And then the guy who funded this tries to backpedal and say “Uh, it’s about ownership too, guys.” Newsflash to that f*cking virgin, but if you have an issue with ownership, then why didn’t you hire the plane last year? Why didn’t you go after Maccagnan or Bowles or Rex, or the owners? Spoiler: it’s because you’re a f*cking man-baby who does what Manish Mehta tells you to do, you godforsaken loser-ass bitch-clown. I hope that plane catches fire and crashes through the roof of you Hyundai Excel as you’re driving to the vape store with your mom, dummy. These people embarrass the franchise and, thus, the franchise remains sh*t. Have some intestinal ******* fortitude and work to represent the fan base in a way that doesn’t reveal that you’re central jersey whites trash every day of your loser-ass life. Take your knock-off Jamal Adams jersey and asphyxiate yourself with it. Lincoln Riley. You ******* idiots.

I don't miss NY Sports Radio. I will say at this point I'm indifferent as to who the Coach is. Sure the Roster sucks and we have practice squad players on 75% of it but Gase is accountable for some of it. You know he is going to be the HC next year so all this really amounts to nothing. Way to go INCELS! YOU DID IT!

Image result for incel memes

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

....or 149 friends of the owner donated an average of $18 each because they're trying to get a hashtag off the ground and earn money as social influencers off of the backs of naive, pathetic SOJF's.

SAR I

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I with all due respect don't be telling people how to spend their fun money. 

$18 is 2 packs of cigarettes or a bagel and coffee for a week who cares. 

joewilly12 

So I spent $18 today for the new logo Black Jets hat (got a NY Rangers one also) on Fanatics. Free shipping on orders over $36. With the sale they have going on, I saved $10 on each.

Much better use of $18, I think.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Hold on SAR I I never said I wanted any of them.

Can you show me proof where I said anything remotely close to that. 

This isn't about what you said you or you believe to be true, remember that. 

I don't play that game. 

joewilly12 

But Sar does...he does not pay attention and ignores facts and likes to get passive aggressive and insult people. I a starting to believe he is bi polar or has early staged dementia

He wants to pay for the banner do it SAR get a plane it is only 2500.00 do it I would love to see it this sunday maybe it will prove you are not some internet fraud

This was a little bit of a scam. They were supposed to fly it over the Jets practice or at the game. Looks like they decided to do it over the hudson river to get maximum eyeballs so they could advertise the @nysmag hashtag rather than to send a message to the owner, coach and GM.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

This was a little bit of a scam. They were supposed to fly it over the Jets practice or at the game. Looks like they decided to do it over the hudson river to get maximum eyeballs so they could advertise the @nysmag hashtag rather than to send a message to the owner, coach and GM.

I thought I read somewhere it was a test flight.

1 minute ago, Jetsbb said:

4679CA9D-FD79-45FE-9278-9B6E766538BD_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.7d9c0b5c5d1701778d50721c13f4a302.jpeg

We here in Jets land all know now the entire Tri- State ,maybe more will know.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Go watch any—ANY—national sports channel tonight and see what “message” it sent. Spoiler alert: it’s not going to be “look at these valiant fans trying to fix their team!,” it’s going to be “LOLJETS what a circus that franchise is! What a clown show! Oh, the Jets lol!” And every coach whom you think might take this job is going to see it. So, kudos to you dopes. You’ve taken what was a bad, rebuilding season for a franchise that took some hard, necessary steps this offseason and you’ve helped turn them into a nationwide laughingstock. And for what? What do you think you’re going to get out of this? Because you’re going to get nothing but laughed at, and a couple of douchebags from Long Island who paid a few hundred bucks for that banner are gonna sit in a bar all night and drink microbrews and Jager shots on your dime while sportscasters all over the country sh*t on the team you claim to like. Pathetic.

Opportunists.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I support the banner because it sends a message. 

I agree injuries and the OL sucks. 

But I need to see better coaching decisions and play calling from Adam Gase this season. 

I supported the hire and thought we have our own Matt Nagy or Sean McVay. 

joewilly12 

I respect that of course, we all want the team to improve.

Note that Nagy can't overcome a bad quarterback, even his stud RB can't find running room.  Note that McVay is struggling this season, Goff has regressed and, again, its setting the whole offense back.  The NFC Super Bowl favorites likely won't make the playoffs at all.

Point is, Darnold is 21 years old, got hit with a month-long illness, and (IMO) still hasn't fully recovered.  That alone is enough to cause a 4-12 team to open 1-7, just the QB playing poorly can have that impact.  But layer atop that the injuries specifically to the OL and LB squads.  Layer atop that the loss of the two biggest receiving weapons in Enunwa and Herndon.  Its a mess, a mess that is out of Gase's control.  Step back and really look at it.

SAR I

• Like 1

Now I hope we keep Adam Gase; just to watch these f*cking losers, one of whom is still a**mad that Maccagnan was fired into the sun, squirm.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol. What a waste of money. 

Yes, because they only gained 149 followers which was the objective anyway.

These aren't passionate fans; these are really weak opportunists.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This banner has really gotten to the SOJFs.  They are out in full force.  We will not be deterred.  

You just lost 62-7. 

You are Dan Marino, just now figuring out that it's time to retire.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Joe Willie said:

You really have no clue, do you? Instead of promoting uncorroborated conspiracy theories and posting meaningless drivel, you should look on the field. There, you'll see a schmuck of a HC and any number of poor excuses for professional football players. There, you'll see an organization that's incapable of winning, not just because of poor drafts, but because it hires people who are incompetent and it has no standard of excellence at all. Gase was an obvious loser in Miami, yet these idiots hired him because he sold them a bill of goods and they bought it. Gase just about hammers in a screw, so fixing things plainly is not his strong point. 

As for patience, I have none left after 51 years of losing. As for disloyalty and foolishness ... you may just want to look in the mirror.

COACH GASE:  ON BEHALF OF LOYAL JETS FANS WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE ACTIONS OF A FEW IDIOTS

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You just lost 62-7. 

You are Dan Marino, just now figuring out that it's time to retire.

SAR I

The revolution believes there is good in even the worst of the SOJFs. SAR, when you are ready, we welcome you with open arms.  We need someone to clean the tiolets around the compound.

34 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Now I hope we keep Adam Gase.  Just to watch these f*cking losers, one of whom is still a**mad that Maccagnan was fired into the sun, squirm.

Who is mad that Macc was fired?

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

COACH GASE:  ON BEHALF OF LOYAL JETS FANS WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE ACTIONS OF A FEW IDIOTS

SAR I

You do realize you are trying to reason with people that idolize Joe Benigno.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Might have something to do with how little the go fund me raised.

• Haha 1

Just now, Maxman said:

Who is mad that Macc was fired?

Kevin Sirkin, to this day, defends Maccagnan and thinks that firing him was a mistake.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I just heard this moron on with Beningo and Evan Roberts, and it was possibly the most embarrassing segment of radio ever broadcast on WFAN. You’ve got these two chuckling halfwits (Joe and Evan), with Joe doing his tired “Oh duh pain” shtick, and then you have Evan saying the Jets are going to choose between Mike McCarthy and Lincoln Riley, but  he never stops to posit why 1. McCarthy was run out of Green Bay and now they’re contenders and 2. Why Lincoln Riley would take a massive pay cut to leave Oklahoma to coach  for a fan base that pays to hire airplanes meant to embarrass their coaches. And then the guy who funded this tries to backpedal and say “Uh, it’s about ownership too, guys.” Newsflash to that f*cking virgin, but if you have an issue with ownership, then why didn’t you hire the plane last year? Why didn’t you go after Maccagnan or Bowles or Rex, or the owners? Spoiler: it’s because you’re a f*cking man-baby who does what Manish Mehta tells you to do, you godforsaken loser-ass bitch-clown. I hope that plane catches fire and crashes through the roof of you Hyundai Excel as you’re driving to the vape store with your mom, dummy. These people embarrass the franchise and, thus, the franchise remains sh*t. Have some intestinal ******* fortitude and work to represent the fan base in a way that doesn’t reveal that you’re central jersey white trash every day of your loser-ass life. Take your knock-off Jamal Adams jersey and asphyxiate yourself with it. Lincoln Riley. You ******* idiots.

Who was on with Joe and Evan?

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Kevin Sirkin, to this day, defends Maccagnan and thinks that firing him was a mistake.

Oh, I am not familiar with him but that is a tough position to take at this point in time. If the team was headed towards a 10 and 6 season it would have some merit. If Macc had nothing to do with hiring Gase, it would have some merit. Just had to defend Macc for anything at this point in time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Who was on with Joe and Evan?

The plane guys aka the NYSF Magazine guys.  They were just on The Michael Kay Show too.  Doing a good 'ole radio tour today after their plane stunt.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The plane guys aka the NYSF Magazine guys.  They were just on The Michael Kay Show too.  Doing a good 'ole radio tour today after their plane stunt.

I had no clue Michael Kay was with us.  Amazing news!!!

So why don't they just fire a coach after a lose. So you once you get a coach that gets a win you can get another coach ready once that coach gets a lose.  That seems like a great idea right inline with this stupidity!  So all those so called fans with all their football wisdom can join together and pool their resources and buy the team. Seems they know what's best.  Bip Buckle Up GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Go watch any—ANY—national sports channel tonight and see what “message” it sent. Spoiler alert: it’s not going to be “look at these valiant fans trying to fix their team!,” it’s going to be “LOLJETS what a circus that franchise is! What a clown show! Oh, the Jets lol!” And every coach whom you think might take this job is going to see it. So, kudos to you dopes. You’ve taken what was a bad, rebuilding season for a franchise that took some hard, necessary steps this offseason and you’ve helped turn them into a nationwide laughingstock. And for what? What do you think you’re going to get out of this? Because you’re going to get nothing but laughed at, and a couple of douchebags from Long Island who paid a few hundred bucks for that banner are gonna sit in a bar all night and drink microbrews and Jager shots on your dime while sportscasters all over the country sh*t on the team you claim to like. Pathetic.

The NY Jets organization was already being laughed at way before the banner, where the hell you been this season. The banner is the on the fans who supported it they have a right and they have choices but the banner is nothing compared to what was done by the entire organization players, coaches,management you name it whoever is part of the 1-7 record last place in the AFC East thats pathetic. Especially to the loyal fans who have PSL's and season tickets and show up at home games. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

So I spent $18 today for the new logo Black Jets hat (got a NY Rangers one also) on Fanatics. Free shipping on orders over $36. With the sale they have going on, I saved $10 on each.

Much better use of $18, I think.

Should have bought a putting lesson. 🤣

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets organization was already being laughed at way before the banner, where the hell you been this season. The banner is the on the fans who supported it they have a right and they have choices but the banner is nothing compared to what was done by the entire organization players, coaches,management you name it whoever is part of the 1-7 record last place in the AFC East thats pathetic. Especially to the loyal fans who have PSL's and season tickets and show up at home games. 

And Adam Gase did all of this in ten months? Wow, he’s more powerful than I suspected. Let me go back and check all of our 12-4 records over  the past ten years to remember the good old days pre-Gase. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

And Adam Gase did all of this in ten months? Wow, he’s more powerful than I suspected. Let me go back and check all of our 12-4 records over  the past ten years to remember the good old days pre-Gase. 

Adam Gase was hired to change things here...what changed we have regressed we were a better team with Todd Bowles as the HC (choking as i'm saying that)

• Upvote 2

Jets fans, want to help create change? Then stop lighting your money on fire

Updated 4:10 PM;Today 4:05 PM 

A bunch of Jets fans paid for a plane to carry a “Fire Adam Gase Now” banner across Manhattan’s West Side on Friday afternoon.

The cash would have been better used as kindling.

This entire charade was put together via GoFundMe. The chief executive officer of New York Sports Fans Magazine, Jason Koeppel, is the ringleader.

In his explanation of the “movement” – a laughable label, given the truly inconsequential stakes here – to drive the Jets’ head coach out of town, Koeppel admits off the bat that this entire thing is misdirected.

“While Adam Gase’s name was on the back of the plane, this movement is actually about holding ownership accountable for their actions over the past decade,” Koeppel wrote. “In reality, that plane should have read “SELL THE TEAM!” but we know that they have absolutely no intention of doing that.”

So, just to be clear, Koeppel and his brethren spent thousands of dollars to ... intentionally aim low? To shout about what they view as a minor problem by comparison?

What a principled “movement” we have on our hands here.

That absurdity alone makes this stunt pointless. If you’re going to waste money trying to “send a message to ownership," you might as well go all the way and make ownership – Woody and Christopher Johnson – the direct recipients of your ire.

But, more than that, this notion of paying money to incentivize the Johnsons to make a change is utterly foolish.

Want to get ownership’s attention? Then. Stop. Spending. Money.

Professional sports franchises thrive on a captive audience of ravenous fans. Owners are betting that their fans will never tune out their teams. In the most cynical interpretation, owners are preying on your emotional connection to a logo – and some strange sense of “loyalty” that fans have decided they must uphold, through good times and bad, in order to become “real fans.”

But in reality, that’s exactly what owners – particularly the crappy ones – want. They want people who will keep pumping hard-earned dollars into their ever-expanding coffers, whether the team is worth watching or not.

The only fix is a dose of apathy.

Want to ding the Johnsons? Want them to take notice? Want them to “sell the team?”

Then don’t keep spending money on the Jets – even if that money doesn’t feed their wallets. All stunts like these do is show ownership that fans still care. And that’s exactly what they want.

If Koeppel and Co. really want to get their point across, they need to stop. Entirely. Stop buying tickets. Stop purchasing jerseys. Stop watching games and make a dent in those ratings, too.

It’s a lot tougher for billionaires to shrug off a struggling bottom line than one rogue sign drifting overhead.

Of course, staging a mass boycott of everything New York Jets is a lot more challenging than cobbling together 168 dopes willing to waste their money. So, maybe it’s unfair to put that entire burden on Koeppel and his friends. But if they really want to achieve their stated goal, it’s going to require convincing an overwhelming majority of the fanbase to take action – and that this hard-line stance is the right one.

After all, the reality is that firing Gase now accomplishes nothing. That’s not to say he’s done a good job. He certainly has not. He absolutely should be on the hot seat if the Jets’ dreadful showings continue. And Jets fans have every right to be upset with Gase for how horribly this season has gone. Their anger with the Johnsons is warranted, too.

But how does canning him now and making Jim Bob Cooter the acting offensive coordinator help Sam Darnold? How does giving him the boot now, after half of one injury-plagued season, help convince up-and-coming head coaches to come work in Florham Park?

It doesn’t. In fact, the move makes about as much sense as dialing up a pilot to help fix your favorite football team.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Adam Gase was hired to change things here...what changed we have regressed we were a better team with Todd Bowles as the HC (choking as i'm saying that)

He’s been here for ten minutes. You go.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s been here for ten minutes. You go.

23-25 Miami Dolphins 

2-2 pre-season NY Jets 

1-7 regular season  NY Jets 

You read. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

What would have been the icing on the cake (Whether you liked the "fire Adam Gase" sign or not) is if our owner would have held a press conference and acknowledged that due to the events that happened today he would like to tell the fans that he understands the frustration and would have explained his thought process and blah blah blah. That's the best thing that could have happened. All the sh*t that came out of his mouth about a new direction and blah blah blah is just that. If he were a leader and someone who wanted the franchise to change directions he would have been on a podium and took questions from every person at the conference and everyone who called in. Chris: I know you're here looking at this sh*t, Grow a FU**ING set of BALLS and give us fans what they really want. Accountability. Just in case you dont know how to do that, heres the simple solution. Admit your mistakes in the face of the public, answer every question thrown at you without haste, and turn the god damn business over to Joe Douglas and let him do his job!

Sent from my SM-G960U using JetNation.com mobile app

57 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I had no clue Michael Kay was with us.  Amazing news!!!

They actually, basically, called him a total clown.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

If anybody should be apologizing it should be Gase to us, not the other way around. That clueless nitwit has shown zero leadership and zero ability to prepare his team to remotely resemble an NFL team. He makes Todd Bowles look like Vince Lombardi. You keep defending him though.