RonaldJet

A defense of Adam Gase....

Gase does not have a real boss.  His boss is Johnson.  Gase' job is to try and win games.  He is failing while not developing and harming Darnold.

Johnson needs to finish out the season by telling Gase to focus solely on protecting Darnold, having him complete passes and avoid interceptions.  Let GW run the defense entirely.  Don't worry about winning-just give Darnold practice and get the OL to do something.  If Gase can do that, maybe he gets next year, but he should count on being fired after that.

If Gase cannot protect and help Darnold, Douglas should put Darnold on IR and let Gase finish out the season with Fales and whomever else they can find.  He gets fired on Black Monday.  

9 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Gase is not going anywhere. They will not fire him after this Season. As much as you or I want it to happen Gase will be here in 2020. I think it will be more because the Johnson's don't want to pay another guy to do nothing than any other excuse. Gase will be here. It's just the way it is. Sucks but it is what it is.

I think if the offense continues to be completely inept, Darnold continues to regress and/or Darnold gets hurt, Gase gets fired.  

If he and Darnold can show any type of improvement, he gets to oversee the new roster on a contingency basis.  I do think the Hobbit gets replaced by someone who could either run the offense on their own, or could be a credible interim.  

• Upvote 1

One issue should get more focus-the injury history of Gase coached teams. 

While listening to a Podcast yesterday, a Dolphins writer noted that Gase’ teams were always injured in Miami.  He comes to the Jets and look at the injury report.  Miami is now a very healthy team  

There is something to this-either the program or the motivation. 

Gase has got to go. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Strength and conditioning seems to be the issue but also player discipline comes into play. You are a professional athlete you get payed to play a game you need to stay in shape and train year round. Many blame the CBA and all its rules that have lessened the practices etc. 

I have always wondered what suspended players did to stay in shape, particularly if they were not allowed at the team facility.

I always assumed that suspended players went to IMG or some training facility in AZ and worked out hard and with a purpose.

My guess is that if you asked Herndon what he did while he was suspended, you would get a very disappointing answer.  

I am 55 and just ran 2 half marathons.  How does a sub-25 year old professional athlete strain his hamstring starting to jog?

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company