RonaldJet

A defense of Adam Gase....

17 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Did I want Adam Gase as the HC? Not at all

Although.....

I was willing to give him a chance, and while he’s been dealt a tough hand with injuries and Darnold mono the non-competitive performances the team is putting forth on a weekly basis are completely unacceptable in the NFL. 

With that said.....

I hate the way the media and fanbase is pinning the entirety of this organization (owners) incompetencies on this one guy. “We are going to burn you at the stake because we are pissed off”

Gase had not done a good job and knows he’s probably getting fired. It’s time to realize he’s a husband, father, and is doing the best he can at his job (just like anyone else). Gase identified 3 months on the job the incompetences of Mike McCagnans personnel dept and within 8 games of his first season  he has experienced more vitriol from the media and fanbase than McCagnan had  in five years. 

Great post.

Preach it.  Don't let the ignorant angry mob down your spirits or drive a good head coach away.  Injuries suck, bad drafts suck, neither is Adam Gase's fault.

The 10 "fire Gase" people you read in this forum and on Twitter and hear on the radio are idiots.

SAR I

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, talonmm said:

Wow, when did SAR become a complete Troll (instead of just a partial troll)

The trolls are the ones screaming for Gase’s head. 

The lemmings are the gullible fools listening to that tripe. (That’s you). 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

54 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have been surprised by this as well. I am in no way defending Gase. But people really hate him. More than anything I have seen before and that is saying something.

Because on social media, hate sells. 

Manish, Beningo, JN trolls, it’s feeding the mob an easy answer to make a buck.  Gase is the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich of the NFL. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Let's take debate of if he should or shouldn't be fired off the table for a second.

What you said is so far from the truth. This is not a small but vocal mob. People hate Gase. It is like 80% of Jets fans that want him fired now (conservatively). You are just wrong.

Remember what Le’Veon said?

PATIENCE

Jets fans are impatient. And spoiled. They are far too used to having a new head coach come in and win instantly. They fail to see the damage that has been done to this roster since John Idzik came to town.

And anyone under the age of 30 has only known the Jets as having an above average or elite offensive line. We went right from the Kevin Mawae era straight into the Nick Mangold era, Jets fans don’t know what it’s like to suffer through a bad offensive line because most of them have never had one.  

Add up the mind of the feeble Jets fan-  first, they see a dysfunctional offense and don’t know a bad offensive line when they see it and second, they expect a new head coach to win immediately.  Completely unrealistic. 

Listen to Le’Veon. PATIENCE. 

SAR I

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Dolphins are the worst team in the NFL and are trying to tank.  Yet we lost to them, almost by double digits.

The players aren't trying to tank.  The players play hard to put themselves on tape so that every GM in the league can see that they have value.  Their ownership may be trying to tank, but the players aren't.

And we didn't lose by double digits.  We lost by a single score and conversion.  If Jamal Adams makes a positive play instead of a bunch of negatives, we win that game. 

SAR I

7 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I almost always agree with you, but not this time.

Just look at the data produced by Gase in his coaching career, it’s abysmal outside of the time he was kissing up to Peyton Manning and bringing him coffee.  I was hoping the rest of his record could be wrote off to having bad QBs, but when I see him not rolling Darnold out, not scheming protections, and letting Darnold just get rocked week in and week out, I have to reassess my initial feelings.  

I don’t see an “Offense Guru” or “QB Whisperer” I’m just seeing a terrible coach, which makes me look back on his record of having teams finish at the back of the pack in offensive statistics, even adjusting for not having the best players.  I’m seeing a coach who barely can put up More than 1 TD over close to his last 20 games...that is a serious TREND.  Not indicative of any “Offensive Guru”. 

I hope I’m proven wrong and this gets turned around.  But what I’ve seen so far is someone first and foremost is destroying the potential Franchise QB, who has almost totally lost the team, someone who is not even close to being a Leader in any sense of the word, and someone who exacerbates problems 10 fold when they materialize.  When anything goes wrong with Gase they snowball into a disaster, evidence of that is his huge number of double digit losses.

Once a coach has lost his team he has to be fired.  There is no bringing the team back.

This is where the Jets are....Today.    

I disagree that Gase has lost the team.  I don't see that.  We've lived through the backstabbing end of the Rex regime and several of the Bowles years, that's not happening here.  Some very big stars are in the roster-  Mosley and Bell in particular-  and they aren't taking shots at all.

As for the reason we are 1-7, you break it into two parts:

First 4 games-  Down to the third string quarterback. 

Second 4 games - OL beyond salvage, hurt players not coming back, more players getting hurt.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

We have scored 133 less points on offense this year after adding Bell, Osemele, Kalil, Crowder

And yet somehow this hot mess has nothing to do with Gase?

Osemele was damaged goods, refused to play hurt, and forced his way off the team.

Kallil was retired and checked out and by the time he started to show some life got injured and can't or won't play.

Bell is the victim of box stacking and an OL that has 4 guys who weren't starters and 1 guy playing out of position.

Crowder was supposed to be a big asset because Herndon and Enunwa were going to pull coverage off of him.  Oops.  With those two gone, Crowder gets doubled because no one respects Thomas and Sam has no time to hit Robbie. 

There you go.  Injuries.  Logic.  But I know, it's boring, you've heard "injuries" too many times so you need to manufacture a new narrative, a new episode of One Hurt Jets Drive must have a new script and so now it's all about the head coach.  "Fire Gase!" because the spoiled and ignorant are bored.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Also, are you saying that Gase deserves to be fired but you just think we're between a rock and a hard place and so we have to keep him for another year?

The odds are higher that Gase performs well in his second year with a team in the second year of a playbook and a system they've learned as opposed to a new head coach starting us all over again.  Sam Darnold in his third offensive system is more damaging than giving Gase another shot.

He's got a 4 year contract and isn't going anywhere.  Wrap your brain around that.  Start talking about something productive instead of trying to get an unfireable guy fired.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

92%+ said Jets would win 7 or more games. 

Where is the rebuild? 2019 was NOT supposed to be a rebuild year. After the initial losses N injuries, we waived the white flag. But even then, we shown no fight back skills or signs. 

Where is the list of players that were injured during the first 4 games that came back to bail us out in the subsequent 4 games?

That's right, there aren't any.  Darnold?  He's not himself.  Probably going to find out that the mono hit him more than we know.

"Fight back skills or signs".  There we go again, bored of the truth, trying to manufacture a story that is more exciting so that you don't have to repeat yourself every week.  Sorry.  Repeat after me:  "It's the injuries".

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Has Gase done a good job this year in your opinion?  

Yes.

Because with this amount of injury it would be very easy for the team to quit and backstab and none of that is happening.  Bill Walsh couldn't win with this offense, so why would we expect Gase to?

Just a reminder:  We were a 4-12 team with a 21 year old quarterback that felt optimistic about this season because of 2 new offensive line veterans (Osemele, Kallil), the return of 2 offensive weapons (Enunwa, Herndon), the addition of a slot WR (Crowder), the addition of a top RB (Bell), and the maturation of the QB (Darnold). 

4 of those players haven't been on the field.  1 of those players was minimized or missed the first 4 games due to disease.  2 of those are skill players that are easy to neutralize without the others. 

SAR I

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s wild: the constructive thing is to hope players come back from injury, Gase shows a little something, Darnold pulls it together with better protection, and you go into 2020 with a clear list of positional needs and a plan for free agency. Instead, we’ve got straight-up nihilists who just want to fire everybody in sight and then, somehow, hire some imaginary super-coach whom they absolutely cannot name, but they just *know* is out there waiting for Chris Johnson to call. 

Agreed.  SOJF's are just insane, mob mentality at its finest, Green Lives Matter if I ever saw it.

Take last year's 4-12 offense, take away all the free agents, take away the 2 best receivers, lose the QB for half the season, and you wind up with a squad that is dysfunctional and worse than last year.  Surprised?  Who could be? 

Adam Gase's fingerprints are not on that situation.  He's a head coach.  He's not a doctor.  He's not God.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

Did you just call a good head coach? WTF are you smoking. Name me ONE good quality that he has that  makes him a good coach. It is not the JETS record this year on why he should fire, it is because he is not of part of the solution, he is part of the problem not just in the short term but the long term as well. Its one thing to be delusional regarding a opposing team situation, but when you are delusional about your OWN team then that is a really a problem.

Gase is single handling making the JETS into a laughing stock starting with his introductory press conference, and more importantly ruining the franchise from the inside-out. As a BILLS fan I personally hope you give Gase a lifetime contract so that will be one less team in our way going forward.

You should spend more time in Bills forums worrying about who is going to replace RG4 next season.  I'm thinking Ryan Fitzpatrick is probably the right call.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Adam Gase SUX! He’s a thief, quitter, backstabber, and a professional excuse maker! All the horrible qualities he displayed in Miami and then some here with the Jets! This guy should be shown the door ASAP! He’s the biggest part of the problem, not the solution.

Keep reading Manish!  It's making you so much smarter!

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CurtMart said:

Goes both ways. When Gase loses, he loses big. 90% of the games he lost were by double digits. They weren’t close games. And he coached in the AFCE with Dolphins that played the sh*tty Jets n even worse Bills 4 times a year. Just admit it, Gase doesn’t know how to be a HC. Or OC in the NFL. Not unless he had Manning. 

As the team is spectacularly injured we cannot make a good determination of Adam Gase on the field.  Even the best coaches in the history of the NFL couldn't win with this group of hospital patients and their backups.

What we can judge is how he faces adversity and how he holds the locker room together.  So far, he gets a solid B+ on those fronts.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Our OL didn't change very much from the Patriot game to the Jax/Miami games (where you said "the season starts now").  

OL vs Patriots 

image.png.9a21a75c915289ab681cdc617e155bf9.png

OL vs Jax

image.png.76bd604cfe44c5fb2405120b57855e4c.png

OL vs Miami

image.png.357d35d8c44635a14e0f3f3098990ec4.png

Exactly.  Thank you for making my point.  The reason we lost all 3 games is because that is not the OL we built for victory in 2019.

image.png.dd4cc687d42ecf5d49a94be23600deb1.png

The Cowboys game, we had Kallil and Beachum.

image.png.b571086296cefc78726d53dc34895b4f.png

The Bills game, we had Kallil, Beachum, and Osemele.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Maybe because he’s an awful coach who is stubborn, akward and doesn’t seem to give a damn we have won one game this year. Guy shows zero leadership traits. Zero. Him being a dad has nothing to do with this 

The guy is under attack from Twitter trolls, Daily News trolls, SNY trolls, WFAN trolls, and ESPN trolls.  What do you expect his public demeanor to be like? 

What you don't know is what he's like in the locker room.  All evidence points to a good coach who is holding his team together during a stretch of unprecedented injury.  We're Jets fans.  We've seen locker rooms in decay.  This isn't one. 

Le'Veon Bell forced his way out of Pittsburgh a year ago, acted like a child, Tomlin couldn't control him.  Bell is nothing but cooperative and helpful now.  That's Gase.  Good job of coaching a tough player.  CJ Mosley certainly can't be happy.  Same thing.  Good job by Gase.  Osemele making waves, gone.  Good job by Gase.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

Nothing to fear guys. Gase said in a NY Post article today that the team is getting better every day in practice, communicating better. They are working hard. They are really focusing on getting better every day.

I personally feel a lot better about the team now. Yeah right!!!

The Jets win over the Cowboys is impressive.

The Buffalo Bills don't have a win as impressive, they can't beat playoff-caliber teams.  Gase just did a few weeks ago.  And if our D played better in Miami, if our secondary could stop Fitzpatrick, we'd be 2-2 since Darnold's return, exactly where most thought we'd be considering we had to play the tough Pats and Jags D in that stretch.

You are essentially crying over 1 loss.  So we lost to the Dolphins.  That sucks, but bad losses happen.  The Giants and Redskins are next.  Two winnable games.  Let's see what happens, shall we.

SAR I

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You don’t think SAR I believed that the Jets were winning the division?

I did.  And I stand by that.  I liked what we did to improve on O and D this offseason.  I thought 9 wins were a given and we could get the last 2 late in the season as we were comfortable in Gase/Williams systems.

I didn't expect our K to retire.  I didn't expect WR1 and TE1 to miss the whole season.  I didn't expect our troika of the best FA's at their positions in Bell, Mosley, and Osemele to wind up being just Bell.  I didn't expect 5 ILB's to be out putting us in the street trying to find warm bodies.  I didn't expect that only 1 OL'man would be playing at his nataural position alongside 4 backups and rookies.

Injuries.  Stop looking for alternative Fun! New! Fresh! Hot! takes.  It's injuries.  No one is coming back.  We are a strong ship that unexpectedly lost our engines doing our best to float to next season.  The head coach is blameless.  He is as much a victim as Bell is, as the fans are.  He's not a doctor and he's not God. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

58 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Mike Tomlin should he lose his job.

Man, you are having a rough week, you really should stop posting.

[Mike Tomlin is everything you claim you want Adam Gase to be this season.  A man without a quarterback and key offensive weapons still finding ways to win games]

SAR I

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Does anybody?  He is either trolling your or completely insane.  Does it really matter which?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think most people on here believed him (and still do) when he said this prior to the season.

Not trolling, not insane.  It's people like you two that are insane trolls.  The Jets had 9-7 easily and I had them getting 2 extra wins late in the year as they grew comfortable in Gase's system. 

Want a shocker?  What I've seen this season only reinforces that I was right.  We had the Bills beaten.  With Darnold or Simean we beat the Browns too.  We beat the Cowboys.  Too many of you don't realize that the Jets aren't a dumpster fire.  We are a playoff team with unprecedented injuries. 

So shut up, stand behind your head coach, listen to Le'Veon asking for Patience, and stop making up Fun! Exciting! New! Hot! takes because you're bored of the one that matters-  Injuries.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The bolded statement has to be one of the most inaccurate statements ever posted on these forums.  And there have been a lot of doozies.

injuries.jpg

No head coach in the NFL could be successful with this mess of players who have missed 4-8 games.

We've lost 7 offensive starters and 7 defensive starters.  You realize that there are only 11 starters on each squad, yes?  And that we are essentially rolling out an NFL expansion team each Sunday, yes?

SAR I

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My bad. Kaila and Osemele were on their way to the Pro Bowl this year. Andyou knew  Beachum was out going into the Jax game. 

Take the 3 best offensive linemen off the roster of a 4-12 team trying to get to 8-8 the next season, tell me what happens.

Wait.  I can do that for you.  They open 1-7.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes.  Though, as I said before, that opinion is irrelevant.  I am 100% sure that either SAR 1 knew that and was trolling you, or that he is insane.  Once again, does it matter which?  "SAR 1 said it, therefore rational people believe it."   Is that your premise?  PSLs are investment gold?  I repeat my prior comment: Holy sh*t!

Stop putting words in SAR's mouth that SAR didn't say.

A smart Jets fan would simply say "Damn, injuries suck" and blame God.  Only fools would look at the roster now and want their head coach fired for not winning enough games.

Take a 4-12 team and imagine that in free agency they signed only Bell and proceeded to cut Herndon and Enunwa and half the OL and not replace them.

Because that's exactly what's going on here.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mike Tomlin is far from a paragon of coaching genius IMO, but he found a way to win 4 of those games.  How many has Gase won again?  The QB Tomlin lost is a HOF'er and he is not coming back. He won a game when his second stringer went down too.  Gase curled up in a little ball, like a turtle scared to come out of his shell despite having weeks to prep with his 3rd stringer.  When his #1 came back, the results have only been marginally better. 

Mike Tomlin is a 13 year, Super Bowl winning head coach with a record of 129-70.

For the love of Christ, did you just compare one of the Top 5 head coaches in the NFL to Adam Gase?  And you call me delusional?

SAR I

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don’t understand the point you’re making. 

Yes Mike Tomlin has been everything  we all want Adam Gase to be. Unfortunately Adam Gase isn’t having any of the success that Mike Tomlin is having. 

Are you disappointed that Sam Darnold isn't Tom Brady?

Because apparently that's what you think about our head coach, your expectations being so realistic and all.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets just got manhandled by an 0-7 Dolphins team that is trying to lose and we're seeing player after player going to IR with practice "injuries". Those quotes are in Gase font if you missed it.

The team has quit and Gase will be fired.

The Dolphins GM is trying to lose.  Someone forgot to tell Ryan Fitzpatrick who ripped Gregg Williams defense to shreds.

You mad about the Dolphins game?  Blame Gregg Williams, one of the most experienced defensive coordinators in the NFL.  Adam Gase didn't make the defensive gameplan last week.  Adam Gase doesn't play safety.  Adam Gase doesn't dial up exotic blitzes against an experienced QB who knows how to beat them.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Bell learned from his mistakes. Don’t give Gase credit for that. I’m looking at 1-7 right now. This is a win and loss judged league. He’s got 8 games left to fix it. 

Asks for Gase to demonstrate he can hold the locker room together in tough times.

Dismisses those demonstrations when it doesn't support his need to feel like a SOJF victim.

The illogic in your arguments is as bad as the illogic in your head coach shaming.  Someone should gofund a biplane in your honor.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I make a living arguing with insane people

You drive a Toyota, yes?

SAR I

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My point was that if the Steelers fire Tomlin (and there have been rumblings of that all year) that we should strongly consider hiring him (though Urban Meyer would be my first choice and I’d still look into trading for John Harbaugh).  

Now what does this have to do with Tom Brady/Sam Darnold again?

Mike Tomlin, Top 5 NFL head coach.

John Harbaugh, Top 5 NFL head coach.

Urban Meyer, Top 5 NCAA head coach.

If this doesn't illustrate the level of delusion the SOJF Victim's Brigade is operating under nothing else does.  Like these guys would come and lead the New York Jets, you know, to build up their Hall Of Fame careers.  Why isn't Bill Belichick on your list?  Likelihood there is actually higher.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, rammagen said:

and you are making excuses.

And that's the fundamental underlying argument, isn't it?

When are injuries not an "excuse" and actually just "the truth"?

I say a team as decimated as the Jets are qualifies as "truth", not "excuse".  Losing 14 of 22 starters is outrageous and unprecidented, but you know, that's just me, what do I know.

You are a Never Gaser so you'll look to distort any truth to fit your narrative of hate.  That's all that's going on here.  It's not about performance.  It's not about objectivity.  It's about you hating Adam Gase.  Impeachment ahead of 2020.  Not going to fly.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Anyone who doesn’t think this firing isn’t inevitable is filling themselves. It’s not all Gase’s fault but he’s not helping either. Someone has to pay for this Epic sh*t show, and it isn’t unfortunately Chris Johnson.

Adam Gase will get fired. All head coaches do. 

But the clock doesn’t start ticking on him until November of next season. 

SAR I

22 minutes ago, rammagen said:

wrong the clock starting ticking in Sept of 19 when the regular season started and the games started counting. You may be ok with wasting yrs but most of are not

Let’s get a new head coach every year until we get one who can open 8-0. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

This is probably true, but it doesn't make it the right choice.

I don’t disagree. But since Gase will not be be getting fired this year, we should be talking about something constructive instead. Like which injured players are returning and when. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Thank you I have been saying that but the narrative with the people who love gase is because if we fire him we wont find anyone to coach which is a fallacy at best. ok honestly there are two people trying to defend gase here and they are failing miserably because you cant fight facts

I am not defending Gase. I am defying stupidity.  8 games with 14 of 22 starters in the hospital means you can’t reach a decision.  If you’re bored, try masturbation. Gase isn’t going anywhere.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Kevin L said:

Which returning injured player gets us over that elusive 10 point per game hump?

Players. Players. Plural. 

SAR I

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company