RonaldJet

A defense of Adam Gase....

23 minutes ago, CTM said:

Mac's failures were conclusive over years and years and nobody ever started a GoFundMe. Gase has had 8 games with a sh*t roster and the pitchforks are out. Much different timeframe of poor performance and much, much different fan reaction.

It’s because Gase doesn’t do fan service and beg for forgiveness after losses. Too many fans feel entitled to seeing their coaches squirm for them, win or lose. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, it's because I have never seen, in all my years, an Offense that looks and produces as poorly as this current Jets offense does.

He could be Rainman, muttering alone on the sidelines about Judge Wapner whilst huffing his "special smelling salts", for all I care.....as long as our Offense produces and we win games.

I get you (and SAR) are both deep in on trolling the Fanbase Tom, fun times, I get it.  But please, in a moment of seriousness, you cannot possibly look at the totality of this Coach's resume and see "future Super Bowl Head Coach" in it.....can you?

I don’t. I think Gase has been bad here, but I also think the fans are reactionary to the point of blind rage at this point. The roster is terrible and injuries made it worse. They look like sh*t. How much should we blame Gase for what we’re seeing: 50%? 75? That’s fine, but I don’t think fans would be having these spasms if another coach was 1-7 and took the podium after these losses and begged for stigmata.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Macc being awful isn’t an excuse as to why Gase can’t figure out how to use Leveon Bell, continue Darnold’s growth, or properly use timeouts. 

Except Macc built this horrific OL so, yeah, you can blame him directly for Bell’s struggles and Darnold’s debilitating paranoia

• Upvote 3

Just now, Apache 51 said:

I only blame him for what's under his control and he isn't doing a very good job. Perhaps there is more than meets the eye(s) here.

Like, why aren’t fans having these seizures about Gregg Williams and his putrid defense? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

2/5ths of it are Douglas guys. And the scheme obviously isn’t working as well as last year. Whose scheme is it?

Is there a scheme that can turn Chuma Edoga into a viable left tackle? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

The O, and ST's have not pulled their weight you can't win on D alone it is intertwined. No excuses, they are missing players and sub par as well, but no excuses. It's all one big mess, again. Was better with Rex.

Rex has a significantly better roster thanks to Mangini, and then he was exposed as Mangini’s players left. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mac was terrible therefor Gase is good or acceptable, wut?

Mac was terrible, Gase has shown he is terrible. 

Remove all the things out of Gases control and he is still terrible at the things he does control.

If this guy had a stellar resume of success you might think we need to be patient.  His resume sucks.  He is not magically getting any better.

Who was your preferred hire and what would his record be today?

I’ll start. I wanted Matt Rhule and I think Matt Rhule would be sitting here at 1-6 after beating the Dolphins.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have been surprised by this as well. I am in no way defending Gase. But people really hate him. More than anything I have seen before and that is saying something.

Maccagnan was a loveable loser whom Manish protected in return for anonymous quotes. As much as the base claims they hate Manish, they fall in line with his troll operation every goddamn time like clockwork 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

I would have given Harbaugh the keys and Rhule would be 3-5 with Darnold not regressing, Williamson not injured And the team losing closer more competitive games. 

I’m just catching up here. You’re blaming Gase for Williamson getting hurt and for Darnold getting mono?

3 hours ago, rammagen said:

but here is the rub Gase had input in that line and how they worked in the off season and he could not see then and just blocking schemes then? So he also has a part in that...the next question how does and entire offensive line regress in one yr? 7 players get worse at one time. I wonder what the odds are on that?

Gase wanted Matt Paradis and Maccagnan refused to get him. That’s the extent of the “input” Gase had into that line. If you guys think there’s a magical offensive scheme that makes Chuma Edoga and Alex Lewis look like functional NFL offensive linemen, you’re out of your minds. We wondered why Edoga was taken off the draft boards of a bunch of teams and now we know why. They suck and when the line sucks, it’s over for you. What Maccagnan did by ignoring the OL is ******* criminal and this is the end result. You don’t find good NFL offensive linemen on the street in June, and that’s where Douglas and Gase had to look for *starters* two months before the opener. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

You don’t spend crazy money in FA during rebuild

LOLOLOL THEY FIRED THE GUY WHO SPENT THE MONEY

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, CTM said:

There are coaching issues on that line too.. surprised Gase hasnt catapulted the ol coach

I think Gase would bench some of these OL if there were any viable backups. They couldn’t bench Edoga if they wanted to. They’re dead in the water until Beachum comes back and keeps Darnold from sh*tting his pants at every snap. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are we more talented than the Dolphins?

The Dolphins receivers were exponentially better than our corners. Their OL was better than our DL, their DL was better than our OL, and Fitzpatrick was better than Darnold.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is that why we were favored in their stadium?  And why they haven't been favored all season long?

You saw the game. Did it look like we were the more talented team? 

• Upvote 3

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not at the head coaching position.

Ok. Where else are the Jets more talented than anyone?

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Their receivers are their one edge on their roster

No Minkah, no Tunsil, no Drake no dice

If you guys think the Jets had a big edge in talent for that game, why aren’t you directing more of your anger at Gregg Williams, who let Ryan Fitzpatrick light up that very talented Jets defense? 

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No one is saying the jets had a “big edge in talent” but they still should have won the game 

24 points is “lighting it up?”  Shouldn’t the guru of offense Adam Gase be able to score that same amount on a defense that has gotten blown out almost every game?

Ryan Fitzpatrick could have played that game in a tuxedo and threw for ~300 yards and three of the easiest TDs you ever did see, so. 

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m sure Belichick signs Kaare Vedvik

Bill Belichick is on his fourth kicker this season. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Dude, is the Gase Hill really the hill you want to die on?

We are last in the league in all major offensive categories, that is Gases' baby.

We have a great back in Leveon Bell, Anderson and crowder though not world beaters can function.

Darnold looked like one of the better young QBs the last half of last year and now he looks awful.

Everything on offense has gone backwards three steps.  It is simply indefensible.  Other teams have had oline issues other teams have gone to their 2nd or 3rd string QBs.  Smart coaching and play calling and game planning can at least make you look functional.

The Jets offense is the worst it has looked in 15 years.  And Gase is up against offensive juggernauts like Shotty, Bates, morton, gailey.

The Jets offense sucks and has gone off the rails since Beachum went out and another horrific Maccagnan draft pick started playing OLT. The offense looked pretty decent against the Cowboys fifth ranked defense, as I remember it, when Darnold has time to function. LeVeon Bell averaged a whopping 4.0 ypc behind an offensive line that fielded three (3) Pro Bowlers for the 13-3 Pittsburgh Steelers the last time he opted to play football, and he took a year off after that. I’m not dying on the Gase Hill. He’s been bad and he needs to show a hell of a lot more fight down the stretch if he wants to keep his job. That said, this roster is a nightmare and everyone knew it coming in, yet everyone wants to blame Gase for every problem the Jets have had. You said it yourself earlier: fans are still mad about Rex and Idzik and Bowles, etc, and they’re directing all that angst toward a guy who just walked in the door.  

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Bell, Osemele, Kalil, Crowder

The mystery deepens 

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

This pretty much says it all

It says that Bill Parcells was an immortal coach. 

1 minute ago, DRJETS said:

I don’t know about that but i can tell you the least talented at HEAD COACH.  What was this fraud best offense ever minus being Payton’s coffee boy?  

This is beginning to look like when Macc was clearly failing and many fans here started to make excuses for that clown.  

@Pac was the only one to ever make excuses for Maccagnan and Pac is historically insane.

• Haha 1

3FB46715-7EB4-4A27-8B47-00F64DA60CA8.jpeg

Bell: Dumped by previous team

Montgomery: Dumped by two previous teams

Crowder: Redskins, flush with cap space, let him walk.

Alex Lewis: Dumped by previous team

Chuma Edoga: lolololol ol 

Bell and Crowder suck now?  Ok good night I’ve gone down your rabbit hole maybe Gase and Mangini can open up a motivational school in Florida 3 years from now

The Redskins replaced Crowder with rookie Terry McLaurin and he’s gone for 32/497/15.5/5 TDs. He was drafted a few spots after we took Jachai Polite.

• Upvote 1

Rex goes 4-12 and the fans buy a billboard to get his GM fired after two years.

Adam Gase inherits a roster from a GM whose *five* drafts make John Idzik’s drafts look like Jimmy Johnson’s drafts and, uh, they want a billboard to get Adam Gase fired.

the difference? You personally liked Rex and you don’t like Gase. You’re all a bunch of emo poofs with daddy issues. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Oh man how did you become pac/jetnut/nyjuc like over gase?

Bell and crowder and quality  players.  the others are jags.

Caporoso listed a bunch of JAGs and squeezed in Crowder and Bell to make it look like the roster had a litany of grand new additions to it, featuring Chuma Edoga and Alex Lewis. It’s an old rhetorical trick, like putting a hundred dollar bill on the outside of a roll of Monopoly money to make yourself look like a baller 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Rex stunk, Gase stinks, bowles stinks.

The jets look worse than any other team for the last 15 years and they have had some bad teams.  The offense looks embarrassing bad.  This guy is an offensive coach.

Todd Bowles should have been retained, he had even worse talent then gase has.  lol

What if what you’re seeing is the net result of seven years plus of horrific roster management and this is the reckoning?

• Like 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

While true, this doesn’t means Gase is good or should stay. 

Of course not, but it’s just funny how fans rallied around Rex up until his last day even when it was obvious he was tearing the franchise apart, but they’re ready to bounce Gase almost immediately 

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rex took this team to back-to-back AFC title games.  I can completely understand why some Jet fans would want to give him the benefit of the doubt for a couple of extra years.  By the end, I was happy to see him go and I didn't think he deserved that last year that he was given.  But again, I understood.

The best defense of Gase is that "he had a crappy roster that was also riddled by injuries".  Fair enough.  But what exactly has he shown so far that screams "this guy deserves a 2nd year"? 

Through 8 games has he shown that he's been able to do more with less?  Has he shown he can overcome injuries and still keep his team be competitive?  Or is the idea that he's a great coach but only under perfect circumstances (a great roster that has no injuries)?

I think you give him a second year because you don’t fire coaches after one year because that’s how you lose the ability to hire good coaches in the future. 

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So should Bowles have been fired?  Or was he dealt a bad hand all these years from horrific roster management?

Bowles was 1. Hampered by Maccagnan but 2. Had four years and made enough mistakes in those four years to deserve to lose the job. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fair enough.  But that doesn't have anything to do with Adam Gase.  It's just about appearances to the prospective next HC that he'll be given a fair shake.

The appearance that you’ll give the next hire more than half a season to get it turned around is kind of an important recruiting tool.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is destroying a potential franchise Qb right before our eyes.  If it is a mistake you correct it now.  There will always be good candidates, you just have to pick the right one.

We gave Rex and Bowles what, 4-5 years a piece?  Didn't help us this time around.

I disagree that there will be good candidates who’d take this job, but maybe that’s just because I’m embittered by our last five coaching searches which netted us also-rans. The most credentialed coach we’ve hired since Parcells was Todd Bowles, and that was after giving Rex six years. Gase wasn’t even part of the coaching search—he was a couch they picked up off the side of the road. Coaching prospects want stability first and foremost, and they wouldn’t be getting that here, at all. It’s an impossible sell to a top-tier candidate, imo

8 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

Are we seriously comparing Gase with Rex who got 42 wins out of Sanchez n Geno, possibly the worst back to back Jets starting QBs of all time? Gase doesn’t have a leg to stand on. Not unless u think he made Peyton Manning. 

Rex is 59 years old and out of the league despite his begging for interviews at the start of every offseason.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company