A defense of Adam Gase....

RonaldJet

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don’t understand the point you’re making. 

Yes Mike Tomlin has been everything  we all want Adam Gase to be. Unfortunately Adam Gase isn’t having any of the success that Mike Tomlin is having. 

Are you disappointed that Sam Darnold isn't Tom Brady?

Because apparently that's what you think about our head coach, your expectations being so realistic and all.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The guy is under attack from Twitter trolls, Daily News trolls, SNY trolls, WFAN trolls, and ESPN trolls.  What do you expect his public demeanor to be like? 

What you don't know is what he's like in the locker room.  All evidence points to a good coach who is holding his team together during a stretch of unprecedented injury.  We're Jets fans.  We've seen locker rooms in decay.  This isn't one. 

Le'Veon Bell forced his way out of Pittsburgh a year ago, acted like a child, Tomlin couldn't control him.  Bell is nothing but cooperative and helpful now.  That's Gase.  Good job of coaching a tough player.  CJ Mosley certainly can't be happy.  Same thing.  Good job by Gase.  Osemele making waves, gone.  Good job by Gase.

SAR I

Bell learned from his mistakes. Don’t give Gase credit for that. I’m looking at 1-7 right now. This is a win and loss judged league. He’s got 8 games left to fix it. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/6/2019 at 8:46 AM, RonaldJet said:

Gase identified 3 months on the job the incompetences of Mike McCagnans personnel dept and within 8 games of his first season  he has experienced more vitriol from the media and fanbase than McCagnan had  in five years. 

buttfumbles galore, eh? a JokeNation staple. 

reasonable statement. i was alos " Gase? Huh? Oh well, suppose I'll hafta hope he's decent."

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The guy is under attack from Twitter trolls, Daily News trolls, SNY trolls, WFAN trolls, and ESPN trolls.  What do you expect his public demeanor to be like? 

What you don't know is what he's like in the locker room.  All evidence points to a good coach who is holding his team together during a stretch of unprecedented injury.  We're Jets fans.  We've seen locker rooms in decay.  This isn't one. 

Le'Veon Bell forced his way out of Pittsburgh a year ago, acted like a child, Tomlin couldn't control him.  Bell is nothing but cooperative and helpful now.  That's Gase.  Good job of coaching a tough player.  CJ Mosley certainly can't be happy.  Same thing.  Good job by Gase.  Osemele making waves, gone.  Good job by Gase.

SAR I

let's ignore the fact that he had locker room issues with leaders of the dolphins team last yr.  Really Osemele forced his way with his statements and threatened legal action that is a no brainier.

Bell has left the locker room  before talking to reporters 2 x why, that is also not a good sign. are those good jobs by Gase and let's over look the fact the only reason Gase was hired was to help develop Sam and he has failed there for that and that reason alone he should be fired.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Are you disappointed that Sam Darnold isn't Tom Brady?

Because apparently that's what you think about our head coach, your expectations being so realistic and all.

SAR I

My point was that if the Steelers fire Tomlin (and there have been rumblings of that all year) that we should strongly consider hiring him (though Urban Meyer would be my first choice and I’d still look into trading for John Harbaugh).  

Now what does this have to do with Tom Brady/Sam Darnold again?

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I did.  And I stand by that.  I liked what we did to improve on O and D this offseason.  I thought 9 wins were a given and we could get the last 2 late in the season as we were comfortable in Gase/Williams systems.

I didn't expect our K to retire.  I didn't expect WR1 and TE1 to miss the whole season.  I didn't expect our troika of the best FA's at their positions in Bell, Mosley, and Osemele to wind up being just Bell.  I didn't expect 5 ILB's to be out putting us in the street trying to find warm bodies.  I didn't expect that only 1 OL'man would be playing at his nataural position alongside 4 backups and rookies.

Injuries.  Stop looking for alternative Fun! New! Fresh! Hot! takes.  It's injuries.  No one is coming back.  We are a strong ship that unexpectedly lost our engines doing our best to float to next season.  The head coach is blameless.  He is as much a victim as Bell is, as the fans are.  He's not a doctor and he's not God. 

SAR I

and you are making excuses. I have said this before it is not the wins and loses it how bad and ill prepared we look. Other teams have injuries and still find a way to compete. Gase sucks, he sucked in Miami and he is sucking here. 

Sam has regressed and that is Gase that was his one job he had to succeed in and failed for that reason above all else get rid of him , he is not a dr or god but he is also not a very good head coach 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets just got manhandled by an 0-7 Dolphins team that is trying to lose and we're seeing player after player going to IR with practice "injuries". Those quotes are in Gase font if you missed it.

The team has quit and Gase will be fired.

The Dolphins GM is trying to lose.  Someone forgot to tell Ryan Fitzpatrick who ripped Gregg Williams defense to shreds.

You mad about the Dolphins game?  Blame Gregg Williams, one of the most experienced defensive coordinators in the NFL.  Adam Gase didn't make the defensive gameplan last week.  Adam Gase doesn't play safety.  Adam Gase doesn't dial up exotic blitzes against an experienced QB who knows how to beat them.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Bell learned from his mistakes. Don’t give Gase credit for that. I’m looking at 1-7 right now. This is a win and loss judged league. He’s got 8 games left to fix it. 

Asks for Gase to demonstrate he can hold the locker room together in tough times.

Dismisses those demonstrations when it doesn't support his need to feel like a SOJF victim.

The illogic in your arguments is as bad as the illogic in your head coach shaming.  Someone should gofund a biplane in your honor.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

I think if the offense continues to be completely inept, Darnold continues to regress and/or Darnold gets hurt, Gase gets fired.  

If he and Darnold can show any type of improvement, he gets to oversee the new roster on a contingency basis.  I do think the Hobbit gets replaced by someone who could either run the offense on their own, or could be a credible interim.  

I disagree. I think CJ will use the injuries and OL as excuses that Gase couldn't be evaluated fairly as an HC. He will want to see "what Gase can do" with a better roster and players he wanted. It's bullsh*t but I can see it happening this way.

i'll once again throw in here that K Shanahan was 10-22  

bill b was 41-55   before brady.

pete carroll was 47-49...

not sayn that Gase will be a good HC someday...       but....      the above guys werent off the charts..

and we have a roster that was rated last last year and near last this year...

• Post of the Week 2

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My point was that if the Steelers fire Tomlin (and there have been rumblings of that all year) that we should strongly consider hiring him (though Urban Meyer would be my first choice and I’d still look into trading for John Harbaugh).  

Now what does this have to do with Tom Brady/Sam Darnold again?

Mike Tomlin, Top 5 NFL head coach.

John Harbaugh, Top 5 NFL head coach.

Urban Meyer, Top 5 NCAA head coach.

If this doesn't illustrate the level of delusion the SOJF Victim's Brigade is operating under nothing else does.  Like these guys would come and lead the New York Jets, you know, to build up their Hall Of Fame careers.  Why isn't Bill Belichick on your list?  Likelihood there is actually higher.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, rammagen said:

and you are making excuses.

And that's the fundamental underlying argument, isn't it?

When are injuries not an "excuse" and actually just "the truth"?

I say a team as decimated as the Jets are qualifies as "truth", not "excuse".  Losing 14 of 22 starters is outrageous and unprecidented, but you know, that's just me, what do I know.

You are a Never Gaser so you'll look to distort any truth to fit your narrative of hate.  That's all that's going on here.  It's not about performance.  It's not about objectivity.  It's about you hating Adam Gase.  Impeachment ahead of 2020.  Not going to fly.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Dolphins GM is trying to lose.  Someone forgot to tell Ryan Fitzpatrick who ripped Gregg Williams defense to shreds.

You mad about the Dolphins game?  Blame Gregg Williams, one of the most experienced defensive coordinators in the NFL.  Adam Gase didn't make the defensive gameplan last week.  Adam Gase doesn't play safety.  Adam Gase doesn't dial up exotic blitzes against an experienced QB who knows how to beat them.

SAR I

The Jets offense put up 1 TD against the worst defense in the league 32nd in points allowed. Let's blame everything on the defensive coordinator.

lmao

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

"We can't fire a head coach who's more likely to lose by double digits than he is to win because the players aren't openly revolting" is...quite a take

No I heard we had to fire him because the players are, in fact, openly revolting (just very quietly and in secret like a Skull and Bones Society thing).

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mike Tomlin, Top 5 NFL head coach.

John Harbaugh, Top 5 NFL head coach.

Urban Meyer, Top 5 NCAA head coach.

If this doesn't illustrate the level of delusion the SOJF Victim's Brigade is operating under nothing else does.  Like these guys would come and lead the New York Jets, you know, to build up their Hall Of Fame careers.  Why isn't Bill Belichick on your list?  Likelihood there is actually higher.

SAR I

Ah so your point is that we should “aim low” because we’re the Jets and nobody good would ever come here?  And we should be grateful that we have a coach like Adam Gase because, as bad as he’s been so far, he’s still probably as good as we can get and we don’t want to lose him?  If that’s your opinion then maybe it’s time you get with the program and start criticizing the Johnson family like the rest of us have been doing.

As for your points, obviously Belichik hates the Jets and isn’t coming here.  However, we could’ve had John Harbaugh last year if we were willing to trade picks for him.  As for Mike Tomlin, if he gets fired I could ABSOLUTELY see him taking the Jets job.  

Btw how do you explain how we got Joe D, who was probably a top 5 GM candidate around the league?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

As the team is spectacularly injured we cannot make a good determination of Adam Gase on the field.  Even the best coaches in the history of the NFL couldn't win with this group of hospital patients and their backups.

Of course we can make a determination on Gase. It’s not the win loss record. It’s how he reacts to what he has. Pats shut us down twice. Yes, twice. Jets offense failed to score a single point. Once with an insurance agent posing as QB hired by Gase and once with Darnold. How many times did our offense score less than 10? Five times out of eight (Pats, Pats, Bills, Eagles, Browns). Yes, that was NOT a typo. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

What we can judge is how he faces adversity and how he holds the locker room together.  So far, he gets a solid B+ on those fronts.

SAR I

How does he get a B+? Seriously? He has lost the locker room. Players aren’t putting their 100% out there. They know Gase has quit already. There’s no fight in this loser. When things go South with this meth head, they go from bad to pathetic. 

tenor.gif

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Did Gregg Williams dial up those 18 points against the #32 scoring defense in the NFL? 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No I heard we had to fire him because the players are, in fact, openly revolting (just very quietly and in secret like a Skull and Bones Society thing).

No, the more likely to lose by 10+ than to win thing is plenty. The fact that Ryan Tannehill is 9th in the league in AY/A is kind of a bonus though.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think you give him a second year because you don’t fire coaches after one year because that’s how you lose the ability to hire good coaches in the future. 

The Cardinals didn't seem to have a problem getting the coach that they targeted after doing exactly that.  If Gase managed to show a two or three game improvement over last year, very few would be calling for his head.    His Miami teams got progressively worse during his tenure.  The reality is that this team is an unprepared sh*t show on both sides of the ball.  That's why you don't give him another year.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Green DNA said:

The Cardinals didn't seem to have a problem getting the coach the they targeted after doing exactly that.  If Gase managed to show a two or three game improvement over last year, very few would be calling for his head.    His Miami teams got progressively worse during his tenure.  The reality is that this team is an unprepared sh*t show on both sides of the ball.  That's why you don't give him another year.  

TS is really pushing this narrative but hasn't provided any evidence to back it up. The Jets can hire any available football coach given they pay him well and don't force unreasonable restrictions on them. 

It is the dream of every aspiring football coach to be an NFL head coach. The idea that they wouldn't consider coaching the Jets because they fired an incompetent buffoon too soon is laughable at best.

22 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

The Cardinals didn't seem to have a problem getting the coach the they targeted after doing exactly that.  If Gase managed to show a two or three game improvement over last year, very few would be calling for his head.    His Miami teams got progressively worse during his tenure.  The reality is that this team is an unprepared sh*t show on both sides of the ball.  That's why you don't give him another year.  

The Cardinals hired a guy nobody else was going to hire, other than USC, to be a coordinator.

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

TS is really pushing this narrative but hasn't provided any evidence to back it up. The Jets can hire any available football coach given they pay him well and don't force unreasonable restrictions on them. 

It is the dream of every aspiring football coach to be an NFL head coach. The idea that they wouldn't consider coaching the Jets because they hired an incompetent buffoon too soon is laughable at best.

The evidence is the history, my dude.