A defense of Adam Gase....

RonaldJet

21 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Thank you I have been saying that but the narrative with the people who love gase is because if we fire him we wont find anyone to coach which is a fallacy at best. ok honestly there are two people trying to defend gase here and they are failing miserably because you cant fight facts

Facts don’t care about your fee-fees

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, rammagen said:

wrong the clock starting ticking in Sept of 19 when the regular season started and the games started counting. You may be ok with wasting yrs but most of are not

Let’s get a new head coach every year until we get one who can open 8-0. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

This is probably true, but it doesn't make it the right choice.

I don’t disagree. But since Gase will not be be getting fired this year, we should be talking about something constructive instead. Like which injured players are returning and when. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don’t disagree. But since Gase will not be be getting fired this year, we should be talking about something constructive instead. Like which injured players are returning and when. 

SAR I

Which returning injured player gets us over that elusive 10 point per game hump?

27 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Thank you I have been saying that but the narrative with the people who love gase is because if we fire him we wont find anyone to coach which is a fallacy at best. ok honestly there are two people trying to defend gase here and they are failing miserably because you cant fight facts

I am not defending Gase. I am defying stupidity.  8 games with 14 of 22 starters in the hospital means you can’t reach a decision.  If you’re bored, try masturbation. Gase isn’t going anywhere.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They can’t do a goddamn thing without Beachum in the lineup because playing Edoga is effectively playing with 10 guys on offense 

The Jets are averaging 3.5 points per game with Beachum in the lineup.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Beachum and Darnold started the Dallas game when Darnold won AFC POTW. Since Beachum has gone out, it’s been a travesty. 

I hate it when you're right.

Fine, Darnold and Beachum average 14.5 points per game.

51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let’s get a new head coach every year until we get one who can open 8-0. 

SAR I

Right because Rex only got 6 years and Bowles only got 4 years.  We're like a regular coaching carousel.

EDIT: Let's take our time to figure out the right HC while Darnold is on a cheap rookie contract.  The time to win the Superbowl is when he's eating up $40M per year.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Since Parcells, every Jets GMs and HCs not named Gase have been first timers:

HC: Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles
GM: Bradway, Tannenbaum, Idzik, Macc

With first timers, there is a little bit more diligence, just the slightest bit more patience. However, with Gase, some of us knew exactly what we were getting.

I have a saved text message with a friend in which I said on 12/31 that the one guy I wanted before Bowles but now want nowhere near my Jets is Gase. 9 days later, Jets announce Gase as HC.

Still, with reports from camp and what we saw in preseason games 1 & 2, I was starting to turn towards Gase and thought maybe he just needed out of Miami. Unfortunately, everything about the regular season has proven that Gase is exactly who he was in Miami, and that the only reason he was successful as OC of the Broncos is because of Peyton.

If he were a first time HC, we'd need to exercise some restraint. Given that he was already a failure in his two spots since Peyton before he even got here, there is no reason to continue this experiment. For this reason, using Macc's abject failures as a way to mitigate Gase's abject failure is either disingenuous, or straight up stupid. Sam might be a complete bust - but he might also be salvageable and be able to turn this around at the ripe old age of 22. One thing is for sure though: Gase has proven he's not the guy to get it done. If anything, he's regressed Sam and the entire offense to sub-Jeremy Bates levels.

That's why he is getting all of the deserved hate so quick into his tenure, and that's why it's more than anything we've seen before for any other HC/GM in 20 years.

I believe Al Groh was a head coach in college, Wake Forest and Bill Belichick was a head coach in the NFL before he took the Jets job.  :)

• Upvote 1

Insanity defense. The insanity defense, also known as the mental disorder defense, is an affirmative defense by excuse in a criminal case, arguing that the defendant is not responsible for his or her actions due to an episodic or persistent psychiatric disease at the time of the criminal act.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Right because Rex only got 6 years and Bowles only got 4 years.  We're like a regular coaching carousel.

EDIT: Let's take our time to figure out the right HC while Darnold is on a cheap rookie contract.  The time to win the Superbowl is when he's eating up $40M per year.

Adam Gase might be a great head coach.  But you can't tell because his roster is currently below expansion-team caliber.

Give the guy the year.  Let's talk in January.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase might be a great head coach.  But you can't tell because his roster is currently below expansion-team caliber.

Give the guy the year.  Let's talk in January.

SAR I

Of course.  He can have the rest of this year as far as I'm concerned.  But he really needs to pick things up from here.  Going 3-13 (or something like that) is unacceptable. 

One issue should get more focus-the injury history of Gase coached teams. 

While listening to a Podcast yesterday, a Dolphins writer noted that Gase’ teams were always injured in Miami.  He comes to the Jets and look at the injury report.  Miami is now a very healthy team  

There is something to this-either the program or the motivation. 

Gase has got to go. 

1 hour ago, varjet said:

One issue should get more focus-the injury history of Gase coached teams. 

While listening to a Podcast yesterday, a Dolphins writer noted that Gase’ teams were always injured in Miami.  He comes to the Jets and look at the injury report.  Miami is now a very healthy team  

There is something to this-either the program or the motivation. 

Gase has got to go. 

I have been thinking about this a lot. There is something to it. I don't think you can correlate the two 100%. But there is something there, like these injuries are non stop. Non contact injuries in practice. Guys get twisted up and injuries happen. But Herndon running by himself and missing a few weeks? Mosley missing so many weeks for a groin injury? What is going on here?

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have been thinking about this a lot. There is something to it. I don't think you can correlate the two 100%. But there is something there, like these injuries are non stop. Non contact injuries in practice. Guys get twisted up and injuries happen. But Herndon running by himself and missing a few weeks? Mosley missing so many weeks for a groin injury? What is going on here?

Strength and conditioning seems to be the issue but also player discipline comes into play. You are a professional athlete you get payed to play a game you need to stay in shape and train year round. Many blame the CBA and all its rules that have lessened the practices etc.