A defense of Adam Gase....

RonaldJet

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t. I think Gase has been bad here, but I also think the fans are reactionary to the point of blind rage at this point. The roster is terrible and injuries made it worse. They look like sh*t. How much should we blame Gase for what we’re seeing: 50%? 75? That’s fine, but I don’t think fans would be having these spasms if another coach was 1-7 and took the podium after these losses and begged for stigmata.

How much should we blame Gase?

Only as much as is required to get him fired, and replaced by someone we DO think could be a Super Bowl winning Head Coach?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RonaldJet said:

Yes-a bit of that (to those who spend $ to publicly humiliate him)

But also knowing this mess is not really his fault. He’s made it worse, but he doesn’t deserve all the hate. 

So it’s the sympathy factor. That’s all good but what about the 33-0 drubbing? One of the worst game planning I’ve ever seen. That’s something, being a Jets fan. That’s on Gase. He embarrassed the entire team with his useless game plan. Not just the team, but the entire fan base! I mean, if we lost 33-17, I would ok with it. He’s a quitter. Has no business as an OC, let alone HC. He needs to be fired. I don’t care if it takes a few planes n banners. 

• Upvote 1

It is pretty simple.  You need to give a coach time to install his team and his culture.  It was obvious that the offseason was a cluster****, so the fact that things are going so poorly should not be a shock.  I don't see Gase as a super bowl coach, but presumably they did or they would not have hired him.  

All this is why it is extra concerning that they hired a nanny DC.  It doesn't seem to shout that they have faith in Gase.  This sh*t should pretty much always be clean slate.

There's only one thing that is going to turn around this franchise.  I accept the fact that the Johnson's will never sell.  So the only thing that will work is for them to hire a 100% football man like an Ozzie Newsome to run everything and completely remove themselves from anything related to the day-to-day operation... 

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If the Jets fired Gase today and offered Mike McCarthy the job at a high salary he would accept it. That's assuming the Jets don't do something stupid like force coordinators on him like they tried with Rhule.

McCarthy??? The Packers are better without him. I don’t want McCarthy. Besides if he goes 0-2, the fans will want him fired.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

Did I want Adam Gase as the HC? Not at all

Although.....

I was willing to give him a chance, and while he’s been dealt a tough hand with injuries and Darnold mono the non-competitive performances the team is putting forth on a weekly basis are completely unacceptable in the NFL. 

With that said.....

I hate the way the media and fanbase is pinning the entirety of this organization (owners) incompetencies on this one guy. “We are going to burn you at the stake because we are pissed off”

Gase had not done a good job and knows he’s probably getting fired. It’s time to realize he’s a husband, father, and is doing the best he can at his job (just like anyone else). Gase identified 3 months on the job the incompetences of Mike McCagnans personnel dept and within 8 games of his first season  he has experienced more vitriol from the media and fanbase than McCagnan had  in five years. 

Welcome to NY Adam.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

There's only one thing that is going to turn around this franchise.  I accept the fact that the Johnson's will never sell.  So the only thing that will work is for them to hire a 100% football man like an Ozzie Newsome to run everything and completely remove themselves from anything related to the day-to-day operation... 

Ding Ding Ding.  We have a winner.  Joe Douglas should be given an opportunity to be that guy.  Its all up to the Jonsons now to make the right business decision, fire gase and hand the key to Joey D.  

Joe hires coach.  Coach reports to joe.  Joe reports to GM.  Easy peasy.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Do you think the Jets record is the only reason people want Gase fired? It's not.

Hell No.  Look at kyle shannahan last year.  He lost his top rb, he had his 3rd string qb throwing for 300 yard games and multiple tds.  They were not winning games but you could how he adjusted and still put together a functional offense in the face of turmoil.

Thats a real coach.  When the chips are down you still keep the ship moving.  Gase is a fraud and the ship is sinking fast.

• Upvote 2

While I agree Gase does not deserve criticism for what is not in his control he absolutely deserves criticism for what he had/has control over. Nothing about the team looks better than it did last year despite having a slightly better roster. You might be able to find some better stats or whatever but hard to argue watching any of this looks better than last year with Bowels. I don't hate him as a person but when you take a job making money in a highly visible capacity in a national entertainment forum that breeds deep loyalty among its fans and you do a bad job you are going to take your lumps for it. Plenty of the criticism of Gase is exaggerated, emotional and sometimes extremely dumb but that just comes with people having opinions. This is basically the gal yelling leave Brittney alone from ten years ago.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Great post.

Preach it.  Don't let the ignorant angry mob down your spirits or drive a good head coach away.  Injuries suck, bad drafts suck, neither is Adam Gase's fault.

The 10 "fire Gase" people you read in this forum and on Twitter and hear on the radio are idiots.

SAR I

well Sar there are no ignorant people on this forum, just you attacking people with different opinions no matter what the facts presents, Gase deserves to be fired because he failed in his primary job of helping Sam instead Sam has gotten worse. 

For that and that reason alone he should be fired when you couple his utter crap show of preparing the team and game planning that is just dressing on top. And there allot more the 10 people that want Gase fired, your statement there is clearly moronic at best  and completely incorrect statement

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Except Macc built this horrific OL so, yeah, you can blame him directly for Bell’s struggles and Darnold’s debilitating paranoia

but here is the rub Gase had input in that line and how they worked in the off season and he could not see then and just blocking schemes then? So he also has a part in that...the next question how does and entire offensive line regress in one yr? 7 players get worse at one time. I wonder what the odds are on that?

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Where’s that Awesome thread where the poster nails that it’s possible Mike Maccagnan was a horrendous GM and Adam Gase is a horrible Head Coach.

I'm perfectly happy to accept that, in fact it's somewhat obvious. Gase is not doing a good job.

However, the fans have given disproportionate blame to only one those two.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Jets defense, 17th in yards given up/game, 22nd in points given up per game.

Jets offense,  32nd in yards per game, 32nd in points,

Lets keep trying.

Mac was terrible thus gase is good

G Williams is mediocre thus gase is good.

Maybe the owner?

CJ and woody are terrible therefor gase is A okay.

The investment in defense has been much larger. The same people vilifying Gase think JA is an all pro at a premium position

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Great post.

Preach it.  Don't let the ignorant angry mob down your spirits or drive a good head coach away.  Injuries suck, bad drafts suck, neither is Adam Gase's fault.

The 10 "fire Gase" people you read in this forum and on Twitter and hear on the radio are idiots.

SAR I

Wow, when did SAR become a complete Troll (instead of just a partial troll)

3 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

Although.....

I was willing to give him a chance, and while he’s been dealt a tough hand with injuries and Darnold mono the non-competitive performances the team is putting forth on a weekly basis are completely unacceptable in the NFL. 

With that said.....

I hate the way the media and fanbase is pinning the entirety of this organization (owners) incompetencies on this one guy. “We are going to burn you at the stake because we are pissed off”

Gase had not done a good job and knows he’s probably getting fired. It’s time to realize he’s a husband, father, and is doing the best he can at his job (just like anyone else). Gase identified 3 months on the job the incompetences of Mike McCagnans personnel dept and within 8 games of his first season  he has experienced more vitriol from the media and fanbase than McCagnan had  in five years. 

I have been surprised by this as well. I am in no way defending Gase. But people really hate him. More than anything I have seen before and that is saying something.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Great post.

SAR I

Just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Let's take debate of if he should or shouldn't be fired off the table for a second.

What you said is so far from the truth. This is not a small but vocal mob. People hate Gase. It is like 80% of Jets fans that want him fired now (conservatively). You are just wrong.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Let's take debate of if he should or shouldn't be fired off the table for a second.

What you said is so far from the truth. This is not a small but vocal mob. People hate Gase. It is like 80% of Jets fans that want him fired now (conservatively). You are just wrong.

I wish we could fire Macc again. 

• Sympathy 2

54 minutes ago, CTM said:

I'm perfectly happy to accept that, in fact it's somewhat obvious. Gase is not doing a good job.

However, the fans have given disproportionate blame to only one those two.

Macc isn’t employed by the Jets anymore. I’ve said for years and numerous posts how awful he is and was. I hammered him for his poor drafting and called him to be fired before he effed up another offseason. I’ve said all I’ll ever need to say on that person. 

Adam Gase is the coach. He’s currently employed. Roster aside, his gameplans are abysmal, his offense is not inventive and hasn’t gotten better with Darnold back, his team looks unprepared, and his game in and game out mismanagement of simple football stuff (like timeouts against the Phins) is laughable at best. 

Is the team bad because Macc was horrible? Of course. There’s no denying that. Is the team worse than last year in almost all categories because of the coaching? I’d say yes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Great post.

SAR I

I almost always agree with you, but not this time.

Just look at the data produced by Gase in his coaching career, it’s abysmal outside of the time he was kissing up to Peyton Manning and bringing him coffee.  I was hoping the rest of his record could be wrote off to having bad QBs, but when I see him not rolling Darnold out, not scheming protections, and letting Darnold just get rocked week in and week out, I have to reassess my initial feelings.  

I don’t see an “Offense Guru” or “QB Whisperer” I’m just seeing a terrible coach, which makes me look back on his record of having teams finish at the back of the pack in offensive statistics, even adjusting for not having the best players.  I’m seeing a coach who barely can put up More than 1 TD over close to his last 20 games...that is a serious TREND.  Not indicative of any “Offensive Guru”. 

I hope I’m proven wrong and this gets turned around.  But what I’ve seen so far is someone first and foremost is destroying the potential Franchise QB, who has almost totally lost the team, someone who is not even close to being a Leader in any sense of the word, and someone who exacerbates problems 10 fold when they materialize.  When anything goes wrong with Gase they snowball into a disaster, evidence of that is his huge number of double digit losses.

Once a coach has lost his team he has to be fired.  There is no bringing the team back.

This is where the Jets are....Today.    

• Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Maxman said:

When you think you're the smartest guy in the room and pull a power play to get the GM fired three months into your tenure, public opinion will turn on you quickly if you don't win... fast. He hasn't.

52 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have been surprised by this as well. I am in no way defending Gase. But people really hate him. More than anything I have seen before and that is saying something.

Maccagnan was a loveable loser whom Manish protected in return for anonymous quotes. As much as the base claims they hate Manish, they fall in line with his troll operation every goddamn time like clockwork 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maccagnan was a loveable loser whom Manish protected in return for anonymous quotes. As much as the base claims they hate Manish, they fall in line with his troll operating every goddamn time like clockwork 

UnitedWhoFan was right all along, this fanbase really does suck.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

Although.....

With that said.....

I gave this a buttfumble though I didnt read it. 

The title was enough. 

54 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Because on social media, hate sells. 

Manish, Beningo, JN trolls, it’s feeding the mob an easy answer to make a buck.  Gase is the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich of the NFL. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Remember what Le’Veon said?

PATIENCE

Jets fans are impatient. And spoiled. They are far too used to having a new head coach come in and win instantly. They fail to see the damage that has been done to this roster since John Idzik came to town.

And anyone under the age of 30 has only known the Jets as having an above average or elite offensive line. We went right from the Kevin Mawae era straight into the Nick Mangold era, Jets fans don’t know what it’s like to suffer through a bad offensive line because most of them have never had one.  

Add up the mind of the feeble Jets fan-  first, they see a dysfunctional offense and don’t know a bad offensive line when they see it and second, they expect a new head coach to win immediately.  Completely unrealistic. 

Listen to Le’Veon. PATIENCE. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

I would have given Harbaugh the keys and Rhule would be 3-5 with Darnold not regressing, Williamson not injured And the team losing closer more competitive games. 

I’m just catching up here. You’re blaming Gase for Williamson getting hurt and for Darnold getting mono?