14 in Green

Come on guys. We're playing the Giants this week!!!

I'm beginning to sense a lack of enthusiasm about this game from a few of you...  :disgust:

Jets need to do something to earn enthusiasm.
  • Upvote 1

I’m in Miami on vacation, I’m not spoiling my break by watching. I will check the score from time to time for the laugh.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Look, I get it. This season has been a disaster. But it's Wednesday, and nobody is even talking about playing the Giants this week.

It happens once every four years. Two local teams. Two young QBs. Bragging rights. Ok forget that last one. Neither fan base has anything to brag about, but you get the idea. This isn't just ANOTHER game!!!

Lets talk some football! Who ya got winning this one? Why?

You have a got to be kidding.  First off the Jets can not win. I don't  think I ever wrote those 5 words before but we lost to Miami. Do you have any idea how bad that is? Miami is literally built to lose games to professional  teams hence the Jets as constructed are not a professional  football team. I'm not even sure we would beat Alabama right now. On the other hand the Giants have an offense that can score points and they are going to score more points than the Jets. We also will not be able to protect Sam against the pass rush they will bring. I can actually see Leo getting 2 sacks against us. 

There , I talked about it. Happy now?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Having family and many friends being NY Giants fans is a real problem for me if the Jets falter I will never hear the end of it. 

Oh please. Embrace the suck. The Giants are essentially  playing a JV football team. Tell them to thank ThebJets for beating Dallas, something they couldn't  do themselves. 

The Giants are nearly  as bad

Image result for jets fans wearing brown paper bags

This game for the New York Jets is going to be a disaster of biblical proportions. The Giants will win by at least two touchdowns, due in large part to winning the time of possession because the Jets defense will not be able to get them off the field on 3rd downs. Saquon Barkley will come close to getting 100 yards rushing and receiving in this game against our porous defense. Leonard Williams will look like a beast against his former team - expect a few roughing the passer calls against him. After the game Christopher Johnson will fire Adam Gase and promote Greg Williams to head coach for the remainder of the season. It will be mass hysteria in Jetnation. 

Giants 31 Jets 17

8 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets 4th Quarter Comeback | Jets vs. Giants | NFL Turning Point | NFL Films

https://youtu.be/D7Ify8fUas0

Our last meaningful football game in December.

Not quite my tempo. 

We played three more meaningful games in December in the very next three weeks. (@ Dalllas, home Tenn, home NE)

20 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Image result for jets fans wearing brown paper bags

This game for the New York Jets is going to be a disaster of biblical proportions. The Giants will win by at least two touchdowns, due in large part to winning the time of possession because the Jets defense will not be able to get them off the field on 3rd downs. Saquon Barkley will come close to getting 100 yards rushing and receiving in this game against our porous defense. Leonard Williams will look like a beast against his former team - expect a few roughing the passer calls against him. After the game Christopher Johnson will fire Adam Gase and promote Greg Williams to head coach for the remainder of the season. It will be mass hysteria in Jetnation. 

Giants 31 Jets 17

All true except nobody will get fired or promoted. Plus it’s been mass hysteria here since the Patriot game and associated ghost citing. 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Not quite my tempo. 

We played two more meaningful games in December in the very next two weeks. (@ Dalllas, home NE)

STOP!

Post was edited.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

All true except nobody will get fired or promoted. Plus it’s been mass hysteria here since the Patriot game and associated ghost citing. 

Time for Jets Haiku....

Egg on Johnson's face.

He needs to wipe it off soon. 

Fire Adam Gase.

Looks like the Giants won’t have their starting center this week. Maybe Quinnen Williams can have one of those games that justifies his draft position, which would be a nice change 

The Giants are legit, going to blow this team out in embarrassing fashion.

31 - Giants

13 - Jets

They are also expected to be without two starting OL.  Jon Halaio and Mike Remmers.  Whether we can take advnatge of an offense without 4 starters remains to be seen.

After watching the way our WRs were demolished by a pedestrian Dolphins WR corps because they had 'good size' with Fitz throwing to them, I have to pick the G-men. Shepherd might be out but Slayton, Fowler and Latimer are all 6'1 and over with good speed, I think they will attack the Jet CBs and D.Jones will be aggressive getting them the ball. Barkley is back and the Jets will have to respect the run. And defensively Leo will want a sack desperately (and probably get one). 

Jets lose.