CBS mock draft have the Jets taking a DE in the first LET THE JETS DRAFT CIRCUS BEGIN

DRJETS

If we take another DL in the first round again, we are definitely cursed forever.  How stupid this franchise, I really dont think they are capable of taking an offensive player in the first round.  I dont freaking care if the guy is projected a late first round just take one.  Maybe just maybe since everyone is expecting this circus of a franchise to take another defensive player, they will go offense to fkkk with our mind. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-jets-pick-chase-young-raiders-stop-jerry-jeudys-slide/

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

This draft is deep with offensive lineman. If we can trade Adams for a 1st drafting chase young in actually pretty good. The guy is an absolute beast. Then we the pick from Adams land an offensive lineman. Also, there’s a lot of O lineman hitting free agency next year. So we don’t necessarily have to use all our draft picks on them 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

This draft is deep with offensive lineman. If we can trade Adams for a 1st drafting chase young in actually pretty good. The guy is an absolute beast. Then we the pick from Adams land an offensive lineman. Also, there’s a lot of O lineman hitting free agency next year. So we don’t necessarily have to use all our draft picks on them 

Forget about Adams trade, wait until it happens.  This draft is also deep at WR.  I think it will be crazy and I will lose faith in this team, probably forever, if we dont come out with an OL or WR in the first. 

2 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Forget about Adams trade, wait until it happens.  This draft is also deep at WR.  I think it will be crazy and I will lose faith in this team, probably forever, if we dont come out with an OL or WR in the first. 

WR? no shot Douglas drafts a wr in the first. It’s either Chase Young or offensive lineman 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

giphy-19.gif.5ab8f6da883081b0a66e46351ec9fa87.gif

Yeah adding an elite edge rusher to a team that has no edge presence at all is absurd. Especially when you look at how deep this draft is for OL talent. Sign Scherff to whatever number he wants, ship Adams to a team for a 1st probably 20-28 range, draft Chase Young and  Tyler Biadasz out of Wisconsin with our 2 1sts and then go OT in the 2nd?  Add the drafts best player and edge rusher in Young, while also adding the best C. While OL is a massive priority I'm not gonna pass on an elite player at our 2nd biggest position of need. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

It's Chase Young he's got 13.5 sacks in 8 games and is the best edge rusher to come out since Myles Garrett. Would be a good pick especially If we can ship Adams for a 1st rounder 

Young is ridiculous.  He's a true freak of nature.  He is going to be special in the NFL, no doubt in my mind.  What's funny and ironic was the commentary provided for the pick, he's too good to pass on.  How many times have we heard that?  Well, this time it might be true and at least he does play a premium position and actually gets after the QB.  Might be fun to watch him and Q. Will paired up.

All that said, it would be so depressing and frustrating if they did.  I'm on record, I'd go yolo and spend every dollar and pick on offense.  Grab a bunch of UDFA's to field a defense.  The NY Jets are setting offensive Football back 100 years and every single available resource needs to be poured into changing that next season.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

The Jets track record on draft day speak for itself.  When was the last time we took an OL in the first round? How about a WR?

I think those are the two positions they'll be looking at the hardest. If they trade the Prez for a first-rounder+, that'll loosen up their need to go OL very high. 

Have to think Joe Douglas will be interested in just simply trading down for more picks and/or a starting OL, too. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

It's Chase Young he's got 13.5 sacks in 8 games and is the best edge rusher to come out since Myles Garrett. Would be a good pick especially If we can ship Adams for a 1st rounder 

I watched him last week.  I want to load up on OL, but my god, this dude is an animal.  Adding him helps that entire line.

If we somehow secure another pick in the first round, and he's there, we have to take him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

The Jets track record on draft day speak for itself.  When was the last time we took an OL in the first round? How about a WR?

You honestly think Douglas won't go O-line? 

Our "track record" means bupkis. We have a different GM going into the war room this time.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

WR? no shot Douglas drafts a wr in the first. It’s either Chase Young or offensive lineman 

Ok sign me up one more time for another BDPA and then we get a steal OL in the third and a stud WR in the 5th.  HELL NOOOOOOOOO

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If its Chase Young and the mock is not assuming any trades then I have no issue with it. He is an elite pass rush prospect not just a D-lineman. The mock also has the top OT prospect off the board by the time the Jets pick. So again, this does not bother me, as long as the Jets go O-line in Rd. 2. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Based on the little reading I’ve done thus far, Chase Young is the only defensive player I’d be okay with us taking.  You can build an offensive line without top 5 picks.

no, no, no, no.

Holy Geebuz Cripes, hasn't anyone learned anything from the past drafts here???????

Offense, Offense, Offense.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, SR24 said:

THIS.

Reallly good point. In this scenario this becomes very appealing. You got a dominant edge rusher and can go oline with the 1st rounder you get for Adams.

Two immediate starters.

All they need is 4 more offensive lineman and two starting corners and they are all set lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I watched him last week.  I want to load up on OL, but my god, this dude is an animal.  Adding him helps that entire line.

If we somehow secure another pick in the first round, and he's there, we have to take him.

I'm pretty sure that was what they said about Quinnen.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

If its Chase Young and the mock is not assuming any trades then I have no issue with it. He is an elite pass rush prospect not just a D-lineman. The mock also has the top OT prospect off the board by the time the Jets pick. So again, this does not bother me, as long as the Jets go O-line in Rd. 2 through round one million.

Fixed.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

He's a freak he's gotta be the pick

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peebag said:

I'm pretty sure that was what they said about Quinnen.

Quinnen wasnt going to be on the edge though.  He was going to help Leo not get double teamed, so we would get to see the benefits from Leo(Rolls eyes)

Nothing changed as far as the pass rush from the edges, aside from wasting a pick on Polite.

I understand where you are coming from with this, but having those 2 would be insane.

Circus? Lol

they better run to podium and take chase young if he still there. Would be the best pass rusher we had since Abe. He is a Edge like Bosa, Allen, Burns . Than a normal DL like Q and Ed .

its Young or Jeudy for me .. then Oline rest of the draft for all I care.

• Upvote 1