CBS mock draft have the Jets taking a DE in the first LET THE JETS DRAFT CIRCUS BEGIN

DRJETS

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

And just about this entire board told me the same thing about QW, Leo, Sheldon etc..

Every year we hear the same sh-- - these are can't miss prospects - we would be crazy to pass up on them etc..

I call BS - I know it's not sexy but take OL and build an offense..let's try and score point for once.

Diff position. Chase Young is an edge rusher, not a 315lb fat guy. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, DRJETS said:

The Jets track record on draft day speak for itself.  When was the last time we took an OL in the first round? How about a WR?

Joe Douglas is a brand new GM.  Unless you're seriously trying to argue that the Johnson's are making the picks, there is 0 to be gleaned from past GM's to predict what Douglas will do.  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's a middle ground between having to use  a top 5 pick on OL and using only one 3rd rounder or higher on OL over 5 years like Macc did.  

Yes but as I said if they gave up on Darnold they need to draft a QB with the first pick and if the didn’t they need to draft/get oline and offensive playmakers before defense. 

27 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That one SB and Miller didn’t even have the most sack. Anderson was the most valuable player the game. Without him Denver loses. 

You asked for an example and he gave you one.  The defense carried Denver all season and postseason, led by a tremendous pass rush. 

Just about every Super Bowl-winning team over the last 10 years needed to get pressure on the QB in key moments to win championships.  Lacking a solid pure pass rusher since 2005 (John Abraham) has been a major factor in our lack of success.  

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Yes but as I said if they gave up on Darnold they need to draft a QB with the first pick and if the didn’t they need to draft/get oline and offensive playmakers before defense. 

Depends on how the board falls and what trades we make.  If we can move down and/or add a first rounder from a Jamal Adams trade, Douglas will have flexibility to do a lot of different things.  

This "we must do one of 2 things" ultimatum isn't how any good GM operates.  I wouldn't be surprised if we take a QB in the middle rounds because of a lack of trust in Darnold.  

• Upvote 2

You asked for an example and he gave you one.  The defense carried Denver all season and postseason, led by a tremendous pass rush. 

Just about every Super Bowl-winning team over the last 10 years needed to get pressure on the QB in key moments to win championships.  Lacking a solid pure pass rusher since 2005 (John Abraham) has been a major factor in our lack of success.  

Yes, one. Passrushers are important but not as important as the QB especially not now. Either protect Darnold and put playmakers around him or move on. 

Depends on how the board falls and what trades we make.  If we can move down and/or add a first rounder from a Jamal Adams trade, Douglas will have flexibility to do a lot of different things.  

This "we must do one of 2 things" ultimatum isn't how any good GM operates.  I wouldn't be surprised if we take a QB in the middle rounds because of a lack of trust in Darnold.  

They might not trade Adams or get a high first if they do and there is only two choices for this current team. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If they do trade the pick/Adams and end up with two or three first rounders or multiple 2nds then yes draft ED as well as OL and o playermakers. IMEO, passrushers are the third/forth most important player on the field. QB, oline unit then CB/ED depending on the player. 

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

And just about this entire board told me the same thing about QW, Leo, Sheldon etc..

Every year we hear the same sh-- - these are can't miss prospects - we would be crazy to pass up on them etc..

I call BS - I know it's not sexy but take OL and build an offense..let's try and score point for once.

Yeah just think of where this team would be had we drafted Jonah Hill or or TJ Hackeysack which were the 2 everyone kept crying about.  Playoffs fer sure.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Yes, one. Passrushers are important but not as important as the QB especially not now. Either protect Darnold and put playmakers around him or move on. 

You can pick up elite OL later in drafts... No elite pass rushers ever come from outside the top of a draft... The truth hurts... As long as he drafts multiple OL that is something that this team hasn't done since tanny... Hence why they are where they are... Not because they didn't draft them in the first... Because they didn't draft them at all.. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

i doubt we pick at 3 if Tua is still on the board.  we sell that pick to anyone who wants him prior to the dolphins picking.

or we swap with the dolphins and pick up another pick i think.

It would be awesome if we are ahead of the Dolphins and trade to anyone but them just so they can't get Tua. We would get extra picks, not drop too far, and screw the Dolphins to boot! 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe Joe Douglas knows he can take a pass rusher with his first pick and STILL take quality O-Linemen with his other picks?

Crazy concept, I know.  But no one really has any clue what Douglas is going to do.  There's a LONG way to go until April, and we don't have much of a track record on Douglas to suggest what he'll be looking for.  

I know it's a simple concept for other teams lol. But it's only crazy for us because we havent had a 2nd or 3rd round offensive pick worth a damn in over a decade.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

You can pick up elite OL later in drafts... No elite pass rushers ever come from outside the top of a draft... The truth hurts... As long as he drafts multiple OL that is something that this team hasn't done since tanny... Hence why they are where they are... Not because they didn't draft them in the first... Because they didn't draft them at all.. 

Actually not true. Go back and look at the sack leaders and also see how many of them are SB champions. Obviously top drafted players are better but without an oline and QB the team is useless. 
After watching this season and the last I don’t know how any Jet fan would want the team to do anything but fix the oline and offense first. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Young would be the pick if The Jets can't trade out and he is still there.. Trigger shy Macc is not calling the shots so I fully expect the Jets to trade out if they have a top 3 pick. They have too many holes to not listen and try to stock pile early round picks. I personally think Young will be picked in the top 2. There is even talk of him being in the running for the Heisman if he keeps his prolific season up. I think he goes to The Redskins(IF we beat them). Way too early to tell though.

5 hours ago, DRJETS said:

If we take another DL in the first round again, we are definitely cursed forever.  How stupid this franchise, I really dont think they are capable of taking an offensive player in the first round.  I dont freaking care if the guy is projected a late first round just take one.  Maybe just maybe since everyone is expecting this circus of a franchise to take another defensive player, they will go offense to fkkk with our mind. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-jets-pick-chase-young-raiders-stop-jerry-jeudys-slide/

I see JN's version of Travis Bickle is starting threads now...

Be afraid Chase Young. Be very afraid. 

26 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Actually not true. Go back and look at the sack leaders and also see how many of them are SB champions. Obviously top drafted players are better but without an oline and QB the team is useless. 
After watching this season and the last I don’t know how any Jet fan would want the team to do anything but fix the oline and offense first. 

Nobody is ignoring the OL... Just draft young first and oline all the rest.. Beat of both worlds

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Am I nuts or did we get a new GM?  I seem to remember hearing something about that.

How many GM so far since the last time we drafted a OL or WR in the first?  This board sometimes kill me.  Until I see otherwise I’m going with mentality that we are going to take a box safety with the 3rd pick to lower expectations.

8 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

How many GM so far since the last time we drafted a OL or WR in the first?  This board sometimes kill me.  Until I see otherwise I’m going with mentality that we are going to take a box safety with the 3rd pick to lower expectations.

Again, what does this have to do with Joe Douglas?

He and Roseman literally just drafted Andre Dillard in the 1st round (trading up to get him) before he accepted the job here. And the Eagles OL was already considered a strength.

The dude is a former offensive lineman who spent the majority of his NFL scouting career with two franchises who have historically valued OL.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1