'It's Hard to Win in the NFL, It's Not Hard to be 8-8'

JetsLife

- Francesa, in giving an overview of how god-awful the two NY football teams have been past 5-7 years. Gist was he said NFL is set up so teams can fairly easy by 7-9, 9-7, 8-8. That it's hard to be really good but when you're annuallt as bad as the Jets & Giants have been - you're literally "inept, you stink."

No big news there, but thought I'd share.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsLife said:

- Francesa, in giving an overview of how god-awful the two NY football teams have been past 5-7 years. Gist was he said NFL is set up so teams can fairly easy by 7-9, 9-7, 8-8. That it's hard to be really good but when you're annuallt as bad as the Jets & Giants have been - you're literally "inept, you stink."

No big news there, but thought I'd share.

He also criticized MetLife as having massive cost overruns, which led to PSLs, which led to real fans being moved to the 3rd deck.  He also said the stadium isn't anything special.  All things I agree with.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Same *sigh* 

we pass on MJ and then we pass on KD.

Ha!  That's awesome.  Luckily if you're a Blazer fan your usually a Gonzaga grad or a Ducks fan.  So come March even if the Blazers suck you're usually doing okay.  The Ducks tournament runs the past few decades have staved off any lingering remorse from the Blazers first round exists.  

5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Ha!  That's awesome.  Luckily if you're a Blazer fan your usually a Gonzaga grad or a Ducks fan.  So come March even if the Blazers suck you're usually doing okay.  The Ducks tournament runs the past few decades have staved off any lingering remorse from the Blazers first round exists.  

Well I’m a Blazer, Bulldogs and Jets fan so if Georgia doesn’t go to the playoffs(like last year) then it’s usually all on the Blazers to give me a solid sports year. Last year was something special before we got flattened by GS per usual. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He used the injury excuse when asked about the talent level of the team.  Honestly that's pretty embarrassing for a HC but, ultimately, if he wins then none of it will matter.  Of course, he hasn't been winning.

Plus he isn’t going to Win. The players are about to mail it in, and losing is now acceptable here. Apparently it’s Not embarrassing to lose to the Winless Dolphins. The Giants game is going to be an epic sh*t show.