Francesa: Gase is “Kotite bad”, makes Pat Shurmur look like Tom Coughlin. CJ makes WJ look like George Halas (and WJ is clueless)

It’s really crazy to realize that this is really where we are. Not many of us liked the hiring when it happened and I was one of the more vocal detractors of the move, but even I never would have thought it could be this bad.

I am actually alarmed that Darnold’s career may be taking on real damage under gase’s guidance right now. He has completely lost the team and that scene of him
Sitting alone on the bench may be the only scenario that rivals his unbelievably deranged intro presser.
I never thought we’d have to live through another era like the Kotite years. Never in a million years. But here we are.

If I was in charge I would certainly fire him right now. Right friggin now!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Green DNA said:

LOL.  Francesca is a bloated, condescending, self absorbed douchebag.  

We have moved past this way of thinking now.  Mike is an agent of change and one of the leaders of the revolution to rid us of that fraud adam gase.

You must rid yourself of that stinkin thinkin if you want real change to happen.

59 minutes ago, kelly said:

on the subj. of Kotite -

" Kotite wasn't known as a night owl; some players felt he worked banker's hours. True story: He kept two cars at the team facility, one in the front, one in the back. He was able to slip out the back and have people think he still was in his office, grinding away. "

rest of above article :

>    https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/81465/96-tears-jets-season-bears-eerie-resemblance-to-1-15-disaster

Say what you will about Kotite, this is pretty great.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Kotite didn't have half the injuries that Gase had to deal with - talent wise if the team was %100 healthy this team would have the edge.  I've seen that team and even with going 9-7 Bill Parcells had to be given all the credit for turning it around because he was a great coach.

So the argument that Gase is worse doesn't hold much water, or gator-ade...

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Who is this guy? David Koresh?

he actually thinks the Jets care about anything we say or do.  LOL.  THe only thing that matters to the Jets is revenue stream.  They don't give a flying fck what Francesa thinks or says, but some dopes on this board actually believe this facilitates change.  Delusional.

• Upvote 4

Gase being good or bad is irrelevant. It's like bitching about playcalling at this point. The owner, who had zero experience running anything, put his brother in charge, who had even less experience...and we expect this to not be a disaster? The Jets also internally promoted a new President...not a peep from the fanbase about his credentials...just business as usual.

The fans accept this BS, plain and simple. Your anger should be directed at ownership and no one else. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have moved past this way of thinking now.  Mike is an agent of change and one of the leaders of the revolution to rid us of that fraud adam gase.

You must rid yourself of that stinkin thinkin if you want real change to happen.

Either you are watching that Show "How to be a God in Central Florida" or you are involved in a pyramid scheme. That quote is directly from one or the other. It would explain a lot.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

he actually thinks the Jets care about anything we say or do.  LOL.  THe only thing that matters to the Jets is revenue stream.  They don't give a flying fck what Francesa thinks or says, but some dopes on this board actually believe this facilitates change.  Delusional.

Dcat, this kind of thinking is what got us here in the first place.  You have power here.  You have a voice.  Drop those limiting beliefs that you think you cant make a difference.  

The revolution accepts you.  You may only be Dcat in your mind, but the revolution believes you are Ddog.       

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Woody's has like 17 years on CJ.  And Douglas and his boys are still on the clock.  I'm sure CJ is incompetent but he still deserves a little more time to reach Woody's level of buffoonery.  If he keeps Gase after the season then hes a completely hopeless. He was a football neophyte who jumped into a terrible situation and made it hopeless.  But Woody salted the soil long before CJ got there.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kelly said:

on the subj. of Kotite -

" Kotite wasn't known as a night owl; some players felt he worked banker's hours. True story: He kept two cars at the team facility, one in the front, one in the back. He was able to slip out the back and have people think he still was in his office, grinding away. "

rest of above article :

>    https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/81465/96-tears-jets-season-bears-eerie-resemblance-to-1-15-disaster

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Say what you will about Kotite, this is pretty great.

So Kotite was George Costanza.  Awesome.  

• Haha 2

Gase

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I will update this to include the Fins game soon.

Gase is leading an all time horrible offense.   Kotite had a team with some talent go 3-13, then fall to 1-15.

A real coach took over, and the team went to 9-7 the next year.   No one is getting this team to 9-7 next year.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Says you have absolutely no idea how bad Kotite was as a HC here

Does it really matter?  The fact that this is even a legit topic to discuss says it all.

We are arguing over who is worse - our current HC or the single worst HC of all time (whose name alone is synonymous with losing.

So maybe Kotite was a little worse (I actually don't think so and I had season tix and was at every home game during the Kotite era, and numerous away games).  Big whoop.  He was atrocious.  So is Gase.

Fire him.  Move on.  He sucks and is a loser. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

You're wrong.  The Idzik fly overs, banners and billboards got to Woody and apparently public sentiment can get to CJ.  

They can be had.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Gase

Gase is leading an all time horrible offense.   Kotite had a team with some talent go 3-13, then fall to 1-15.

A real coach took over, and the team went to 9-7 the next year.   No one is getting this team to 9-7 next year.

Bill Parcells was the best coach in the league at the time. Bill Belichick would likely have the Jets around .500 given Todd Bowles had them at 4 wins. I think you're underestimating how incompetent Gase is.

Dude still hasn't figured out you need to protect the QB. Parcells would have that done - even if it meant one guy running a route.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dcat, this kind of thinking is what got us here in the first place.  You have power here.  You have a voice.  Drop those limiting beliefs that you think you cant make a difference.  

The revolution accepts you.  You may only be Dcat in your mind, but the revolution believes you are Ddog.       

Whom was it that you wanted hired in January as coach?