Francesa: Gase is “Kotite bad”, makes Pat Shurmur look like Tom Coughlin. CJ makes WJ look like George Halas (and WJ is clueless)

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Anyone who thinks Gase is worse than Kotite isn't old enough to remember or is just suffering recency bias.

The Jets went 1-15 in 1996 and then Parcels took over and went 9-7 with essentially the same roster in 1997.

The difference between Gase and Kotite is that Kotite actually had talent on the team.

Gase sucks, but please stop with the worst than Kotite nonesense.  It's silly.

We shall see I saw kotite Up close and Personal and I prayed everyday that Jets release him and was thrilled when Parcells took the helm.   It is also the reason why I will NEVER EVER bash Parcells because he saved us from the nightmare that was Kotite.  

Now while Gase hasn’t been here that long the stench is obvious and the key reason to him being here was and is Sam Darnold and no sane person can say that Darnold is playing anywhere near what he was at the end of last year under Bowles and Bates, those are the facts. 

Darnold now looks damaged and if that has been caused because of Gase then he will be far worse for the Jets than Kotite because Kotite didn’t ruin any players of note, least of all he didn’t ruin a potentially Franchise QB.  

See when you think of bad coaches you think of the harm that they actually  inflict.

Kotite’s harm though Great was turned around in one year while Gase’s harm if he ruins Darnold can set this Franchise back a decade.  :(   

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

We shall see I saw kotite Up close and Personal and I prayed everyday that Jets release him and was thrilled when Parcells took the helm.   It is also the reason why I will NEVER EVER bash Parcells because he saved us from the nightmare that was Kotite.  

Now while Gase hasn’t been here that long the stench is obvious and the key reason to him being here was and is Sam Darnold and no sane person can say that Darnold is playing anywhere near what he was at the end of last year under Bowles and Bates, those are the facts. 

Darnold now looks damaged and if that has been caused because of Gase then he will be far worse for the Jets than Kotite because Kotite didn’t ruin any players of note, least of all he didn’t ruin a potentially Franchise QB.  

See when you think of bad coaches you think of the harm that they actually  inflict.

Kotite’s harm though Great was turned around in one year while Gase’s harm if he ruins Darnold can set this Franchise back a decade.  :(   

QBs can develop bad habits and they can seemingly regress - but I don't believe they can be "ruined".  Undeveloped, yes. But the ruin narrative is just hyperbole.

Sam is 22 and possess immense talent. He is the same kid that won AFC offensive player of the week a month ago.  

That said, Gase sucks and should be fired.  And he is definitely the worst HC we have had since Todd Bowles.  ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Does it really matter?  The fact that this is even a legit topic to discuss says it all.

We are arguing over who is worse - our current HC or the single worst HC of all time (whose name alone is synonymous with losing.

So maybe Kotite was a little worse (I actually don't think so and I had season tix and was at every home game during the Kotite era, and numerous away games).  Big whoop.  He was atrocious.  So is Gase.

Fire him.  Move on.  He sucks and is a loser. 

Yeah it really matters when someone is wrong.  

Because I’ll add, Gase wasn’t worse than other HCs like Lou Holts either.  

im in a thread claiming Gase is worse than Kotite, I and others are disputing that statement.  It’s wrong.  You don’t even have a clue yet doubt it.  So for multiple reasons, you move on, 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

im in a thread claiming Gase is worse than Kotite, I and others are disputing that statement.  It’s wrong.  You don’t even have a clue yet doubt it.  So for multiple reasons, you move on, 

Fwiw, I agree with you that Kotite was worse.  He's the gold standard of sh-tty Jet HCs.

But Gase does stink too.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dcat, this kind of thinking is what got us here in the first place.  You have power here.  You have a voice.  Drop those limiting beliefs that you think you cant make a difference.  

The revolution accepts you.  You may only be Dcat in your mind, but the revolution believes you are Ddog.       

This guy really is funny, even though he doesn't know it....

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

You're wrong.  The Idzik fly overs, banners and billboards got to Woody and apparently public sentiment can get to CJ.  

They can be had.

It wasn't the banner that got Idzik fired. If you honestly believe that little fantasy, what can I say?   Enjoy the dream.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It wasn't the banner that got Idzik fired. If you honestly believe that little fantasy, what can I say?   Enjoy the dream.

98% of Jokenation cannot distinguish between coincidence and causality...   but you KNEW that right?

( I know...    the level here being so low STILL has the ability to astonish...)

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Got it - you're the guy that decides who's right and who's wrong.  If I knew that I wouldn't have offered my opinion.

My point is that it doesn't really matter, what really matters is it's actually up for debate.  Think about that for a second.

We are on opposite sides of a discussion...about whether Gase is worse than Kotite.  

Not a conversation either one of us wants to be in and certainly not one you want to be associated with if you're the coach.

Kotite was as abysmal as they come.  No argument here.  But from someone that was in the stadium for all of it...I actually believe Gase to be worse.  The guy stinks.

4 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Got it - you're the guy that decides who's right and who's wrong.  If I knew that I wouldn't have offered my opinion.

My point is that it doesn't really matter, what really matters is it's actually up for debate.  Think about that for a second.

We are on opposite sides of a discussion...about whether Gase is worse than Kotite.  

Not a conversation either one of us wants to be in and certainly not one you want to be associated with if you're the coach.

Kotite was as abysmal as they come.  No argument here.  But from someone that was in the stadium for all of it...I actually believe Gase to be worse.  The guy stinks.

It’s simple to anyone who watched the Jets when Kotite was their HC. 

Read what others have said, it’s not just me, we all have said the same things.  

You’re the one arguing for who knows what reason other than you obviously don't know what you're talking about.  Guess you want to convince people Gase is the worst ever

And you're comparison to Kotite makes you wrong.  Exactly right. You didn’t see him coach and the Jets play and are arguing.  Lol

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

6c8df0822786a41c4c1b937ab6e3435c--rememb

• Upvote 2