Conspiracy Theories, Part II

varjet

What do we think really went on behind closed doors as the Jets made the following decisions?

1-Sign Mosely for an enormous amount of money (while also pursuing Anthony Barr)-I think this was Gase and Mac trying to work together to add talent to the defense regardless of cost.  Almost worked, this year.  

2-Sign Leveon Bell for less than expected, but still alot-I think this was Mac more than Gase, because Gase is more of a man-blocking/downhill coach.   The Johnsons wanted a splash and supported it.

3-Mac does not sign a Center-I think that was him and the Johnson's having cold feet about the injury risks of Paradis and Morse.

3-Gregg Williams as DC-Mac and the Johnsons made Gase hire him.   Gase probably agnostic.

4-Dowell Loggains as OC-for this one, I wonder this was Gase wanting a yes man or the Johnsons providing a limited budget, or both?

5-JD managing the kickers?  I really can't explain this.

6-JD signs Kalil-a misjudgment on JD's part given both how Harrison looked and the depth behind him (Toth, who was not functional).

7-This is where it gets good-JD turns down trade offers for Adams, Anderson, Bell and/or Quinnen-I think in large part this was influenced by a desire to be competitive both this year and next year, regardless of the long term.  I think the Johnsons still want to win (unlike the Dolphins who were willing to sell any asset with a buyer) and are not willing to give up short-term.  As we are seeing, that basically is resulting in being both bad now and in the future.   For example, if the Jets were able to squeeze a 1 and 3 from Dallas for Adams, that would basically go to build an OL for Darnold next year while they allowed the defense to be built better for 2021.  

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

What do we think really went on behind closed doors as the Jets made the following decisions?

1-Sign Mosely for an enormous amount of money (while also pursuing Anthony Barr)-I think this was Gase and Mac trying to work together to add talent to the defense regardless of cost.  Almost worked, this year.  

2-Sign Leveon Bell for less than expected, but still alot-I think this was Mac more than Gase, because Gase is more of a man-blocking/downhill coach.   The Johnsons wanted a splash and supported it.

3-Mac does not sign a Center-I think that was him and the Johnson's having cold feet about the injury risk.

3-Gregg Williams as DC-Mac and the Johnsons made Gase hire him.   Gase probably agnostic.

4-Dowell Loggains as OC-for this one, I wonder this as Gase wanting a yes man or the Johnsons providing a limited budget, or both?

5-JD managing the kickers?  I really can't explain this.

6-JD signs Kalil-a misjudgment on JD's part given both how Harrison looked and the depth behind him (Toth, who was not functional).

7-This is where it gets good-JD turns down trade offers for Adams, Anderson, Bell and/or Quinnen-I think in large part this was influenced by a desire to be competitive both this year and next year, regardless of the long term.  I think the Johnsons still want to win (unlike the Dolphins who were willing to sell any asset with a buyer) and are not willing to take give up short-term.  As we are seeing, that basically is resulting in being both bad now and in the future.   For example, if the Jets were able to squeeze a 1 and 3 from Dallas for Adams, that would basically go to build an OL for Darnold next year while they allowed the defense to be built better for 2021.  

The failure to move Adams will prove costly.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1