Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mrcoops

CB Bless Austin activated...

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, mrcoops said:

He's #31 - hopefully he's as good as Aaron Glenn or Antonio Cromartie.

If he's anything like Cro I will be happy as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

If he's anything like Cro I will be happy as hell.

The profile on this guy is that he has good size and great speed and athleticism, including short-area quickness and burst. In theory, he should immediately be the fastest, most athletic CB on the field. However, this was before the injuries. Let's see what he looks like now. The good news is that Bless is not just healthy he has been rehabbing all season. He should be in 100% football shape. Hopefully Gase lets him play.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Now all they have to do is exhume Trevon Wesco’s corpse and this Maccagnan draft will be looking pretty sweet. 

Well its not like we could use a blocking TE this season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PepPep said:

The profile on this guy is that he has good size and great speed and athleticism, including short-area quickness and burst. In theory, he should immediately be the fastest, most athletic CB on the field. However, this was before the injuries. Let's see what he looks like now. The good news is that Bless is not just healthy he has been rehabbing all season. He should be in 100% football shape. Hopefully Gase lets him play.  

Bless Austin >>> Roberts/Tru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Well its not like we could use a blocking TE this season...

One of the many reasons Gase has looked more like a guy in over his head and less like an offensive guru is that he has not been able to utilize guys like Wesco, Montgomery and Berrios effectively. Guys that have specific skill sets who can contribute if put in a position to do so. Wesco has been benched. Montgomery has been given very few reps. And Berrios has been petty much relegated to punt return duties. A good offensive coach would have figured out a way to use Berrios as a slot receiver when extra attention is paid to Crowder, Wesco as a run blocker- even if you have to put him at FB or exclusively on screen plays, and Montgomery as a receiving back.  

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

One of the many reasons Gase has looked more like a guy in over his head and less like an offensive guru is that he has not been able to utilize guys like Wesco, Montgomery and Berrios effectively. Guys that have specific skill sets who can contribute if put in a position to do so. Wesco has been benched. Montgomery has been given very few reps. And Berrios has been petty much relegated to punt return duties. A good offensive coach would have figured out a way to use Berrios as a slot receiver when extra attention is paid to Crowder, Wesco as a run blocker- even if you have to put him at FB or exclusively on screen plays, and Montgomery as a receiving back.  

Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...