ANY LAWYERS OUT THERE?

To me the Giant / Jets fans were screwed with the PSL because when used in Dallas, you were buying a seat license that meant you would get first choice to buy a ticket for that seat for any event held there.... now with the Met Life PSL they basically sold the license to a single seat to 2 different people... and if you bought the Jet one that really only gave you a license for a jet ticket to that that seat.... nothing more...

Not sure why anyone bought these....

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Hello I am a highly qualified lawyer. You are out of luck as far as your PSL payments are concerned but have you considered sneaking onto Chris Johnson's property and murdering his pets?

There's actually a certain logic to this as ever since the Johnson family takeover the Jets have really gone to the dogs.

3 hours ago, sister rose said:

your right, no one twisted my arm. But I was stupid enough to bite. I figure they owe me (and everyone else)

ugh, I met Mr wonderful. really nice guy. he def would say cj and wj are dead to him. 

Not a Lawyer...rather a Doctor...but...

Seems you bought a 'investment' that had a chance to either go up or down in value..it went down.  That's life.

Have you thought of recruiting a law firm to recruit 50,000 the Jets PSL owners and filing class action?  Maybe you'll get $0.02 on the dollar for your investment 'losses' like I did with some MCI stock.  Lawyers love class action lawsuits...there's money in 'volume' for them.  

For you?

Not so much.

4 hours ago, sister rose said:

Can we sue?

Of course you can.  People can sue for anything, even stupid reasons.

My lawyers laugh at me when I ask. 

Of course they do, such a lawsuit has absolutely no chance of success.

But you know that.

I am a long suffering season tix owner. I paid strong for my now worthless PSL's and then the seats themselves. 

Clearly I am NOT getting what I paid for. In fact, I was lied too. While promised a competitive team, I never saw one. Now, I am way under water on my Jets holdings. And the team is doing the impossible-deteriorating even more. 

If this were a real biz, could we not sue? Why can not we do a class action here? 

Besides all the tix and PSL's, my time is money too (all Jets fans ditto). 

Can we sue?  If no, why? My lawyers laugh at me when I ask.

Hamilton is a crappy show.  Can we sue?  If no, why?  My lawyers laugh at me when I ask.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sister rose said:

I am a long suffering season tix owner. I paid strong for my now worthless PSL's and then the seats themselves. 

Clearly I am NOT getting what I paid for. In fact, I was lied too. While promised a competitive team, I never saw one. Now, I am way under water on my Jets holdings. And the team is doing the impossible-deteriorating even more. 

If this were a real biz, could we not sue? Why can not we do a class action here? 

I'm a litigator. Your lawyers are right to laugh at you. 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Hello I am a highly qualified lawyer. You are out of luck as far as your PSL payments are concerned but have you considered sneaking onto Chris Johnson's property and murdering his pets? I could get a sweet plea deal where you'd do five years at a minimum security prison, no problem. Call me.

The Jets are his pets.   He could be sued for neglect though.

12 hours ago, sister rose said:

I think you just bought a bad product. You would need to prove The Jets knew in advance they would be this bad and said all these things anyway for there to be any legal action.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Hello I am a highly qualified lawyer. You are out of luck as far as your PSL payments are concerned but have you considered sneaking onto Chris Johnson's property and murdering his pets? I could get a sweet plea deal where you'd do five years at a minimum security prison, no problem. Call me.

Be careful, this is one of Chris Johnson's pets:

6cb524eff80bffb9883455b596f65668.jpg

The long answer:  If you had rock solid proof that: 1)  you were told that you should buy tickets because the Jets intended to build a winning team and 2) the team management had no such intention at the time they made the statement, you could possibly have an Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection claim. But, it would require testimony from someone on the inside outing the "scheme".

The short answer: No.

This reminds me of my first year of law school--1976.  We looked at a case in my Contracts class.  A season ticket holder of the then New Jersey Nets brought an action against the owners and the team for trading Julius Erving.  The case was dismissed for failure to state a cause of action.  As my law professor said, the Court might know the law but they certainly didn't know basketball.

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Dont hurt the pets. Good god, they've already suffered enough I imagine. A lifetime of cardboard cutouts of Chris Johnson all over the place and being fed styrofoam peanuts for treats. They should be taken to a nice farm upstate where they will have plenty of room to run and lots of animal friends...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jetstream said:

To me the Giant / Jets fans were screwed with the PSL because when used in Dallas, you were buying a seat license that meant you would get first choice to buy a ticket for that seat for any event held there.... now with the Met Life PSL they basically sold the license to a single seat to 2 different people... and if you bought the Jet one that really only gave you a license for a jet ticket to that that seat.... nothing more...

Not sure why anyone bought these....

It was 10 years ago. A full decade. No one cares about fun money spent before the world knew what an iPad was. 

SAR I