A Question Regarding Matt Schaub..

Latinlawyer

Can anyone cut and paste any recent articles that state that Matt Schaub is available to be traded? I don't remember his name popping up in articles that said he could be traded. Is he available? I would trade Johnny Abe to the Falcons ASAP for Schaub..

Can someone cut and paste an article where it states that he is indeed available..

LL

I dont know about recently but during last season when Pennington and Fiedler was injured in the very same game Jets sought for young qb such as Simms, Mauck or Schaub.... thats it...

It is just a forum ranting...

JA for Schaub straight up trade? I dont think so. Schaub, 3rd and 4th rounders will do a trick if not Schaub and 1st rounder.

why would it be moronic?

We have no QB...

You need one if you want to be good.

First round qb will not help Jets at all.. Jets clearly cant afford to have another big contract qb on the roster... If you ignore this knowledge then Jets wont be in contending mode for next 6 years......It is a waste of time. IMO...

RE: cap space - anything is possible - you just have to work around the obstacles and pay the price when the time comes. If Fantasy Dan Snyder can run around every offseason buying every free agent on the market, the Jets can do more than they are letting on.

First round qb will not help Jets at all.. Jets clearly cant afford to have another big contract qb on the roster... If you ignore this knowledge then Jets wont be in contending mode for next 6 years......It is a waste of time. IMO...

Those who think Penne will be back are in for a rude surprise. He is kaput, his career is over.

Thus 2006 is a cap flush year and he needs to be cut as well as many others to set up 2007.

To stay we cannot compete in 6 years is a fallacy and outright ignorant.

Mangini needs to fix the D and play kids on O. If this means we draft a QB

with #1 pick so be it.

Well the Falcons gave up Brett Favre. Will they get rid of Matt Schaub?

Here's why Atlanta will have a hard time keeping him.

Vick(big contract and entrenched as starter)

Team needs(DE/OL)

Rising market

Schaub's desire to start

Vick is the man in Atlanta and he has a big contract. Schaub will grow tired of getting splinters in his ass and will want to start. It won't happen in Atlanta.

It would be fiscally irresponsible for Atlanta, if they did decide to keep Schaub, to lock up money in two QB spots. They might be better served trading him and acquiring extra picks to fill their needs, while signing a veteran QB. Schaub could grow tired and Atlanta would be wise to avoid a possible lockeroom issue or team split.

The team is not far away. Atlanta could very well bounce back, especially after a strong draft. Their needs for a DE and OL help could easily be addressed this April. There is far too much depth.

How long can Atlanta hold teams at bay? Schaub's stock has risen over the year, and given the success of guys like Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Delhomme, teams are looking for young QBs that can step in, grow and lead their team while costing next to nothing.

Will Schaub want a new contract? Sure. I would. How much will he cost? Not that much. He does not have the body of work to garner a big deal. What team wouldn't want that? He has a ton of upside and a 2nd round pick, in my estimation, is a good gamble.

Those who think Penne will be back are in for a rude surprise. He is kaput, his career is over.

Thus 2006 is a cap flush year and he needs to be cut as well as many others to set up 2007.

To stay we cannot compete in 6 years is a fallacy and outright ignorant.

Mangini needs to fix the D and play kids on O. If this means we draft a QB

with #1 pick so be it.

In that your case, we will lose Vilma any time within 3 years since he will ask for new deal that includes a signing bonus.... Unless you are prepared to take heavy cap for two years when you cut Pennington.

I, myself, am against first round qb for all reasons.. Go ahead and call me a nuts. I just cant bear it.

I have no problem with a #2 for Schaub but would prefer Abe stays or something in addition comes back our way.

Schaub's biggest PRO achievement to date was torching "team mediocre", the 2005 PATS, but so did just about every other decent QB.

Are we in any position to send Simm's a offer sheet? I would imagine a lot would depend on the CBA as well as Pennington's progress.

I have no problem with a #2 for Schaub but would prefer Abe stays or something in addition comes back our way.

Schaub's biggest PRO achievement to date was torching "team mediocre", the 2005 PATS, but so did just about every other decent QB.

Are we in any position to send Simm's a offer sheet? I would imagine a lot would depend on the CBA as well as Pennington's progress.

Simms' value is killing Jets overally.

In that your case, we will lose Vilma any time within 3 years since he will ask for new deal that includes a signing bonus.

That will never happen.

The Jets will extend Vilma before he comes close to hitting the FA market.

He'll get his big signing bonus but the contract will be for extended years so the Jets can spread the cap hit out over the length of the contract.

Sperm,

I had to take your sig...its a great sig pic. Goes great with the hooters that are already in my sig..

LL "The Thief"

I can make more if you have a request. Took me like 10 minutes. My avatar was made before I got better at photoshop, but I think the sophomoric graphics on the dunce-hat adds to the charm so I left it.

Archived