Wheeler and potential trade

section314

On 11/8/2019 at 10:17 AM, section314 said:

This is a contingency thread.   1) Mets sign Wheeler to long term deal. 2) trade Syndergard to Red Sox for Betts. Supposedly Sox trying to cut payroll, and we've needed a CF since we traded away our new manager years ago. Question Mets fans.......would you do it? I'm a definite yes.

There has to be some wink-wink deal with Betts that he will negotiate a new deal but I would be very happy of this happened. Kinda getting tired of Syndergaard's act and tp be honest, he ain't no deGrom

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

There has to be some wink-wink deal with Betts that he will negotiate a new deal but I would be very happy of this happened. Kinda getting tired of Syndergaard's act and tp be honest, he ain't no deGrom

Agreed. I think Wheeler is better than Syndergaard. Cespedes comes off the books next year, so Brodie would have to convince ownership to carry that dough for one more year.

Cespedes contract is insured so I wouldn't exactly think his contract figures should be part of the decision making process.

Agreed. I think Wheeler is better than Syndergaard. Cespedes comes off the books next year, so Brodie would have to convince ownership to carry that dough for one more year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using JetNation.com mobile app