Jump to content
section314

Wheeler and potential trade

Recommended Posts

This is a contingency thread.   1) Mets sign Wheeler to long term deal. 2) trade Syndergard to Red Sox for Betts. Supposedly Sox trying to cut payroll, and we've needed a CF since we traded away our new manager years ago. Question Mets fans.......would you do it? I'm a definite yes.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Betts would provide proven leadership and pennant race & WS  experience. We would have to agree to a contract before I would do the deal. No doubt he would want to test the market. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 10:17 AM, section314 said:

This is a contingency thread.   1) Mets sign Wheeler to long term deal. 2) trade Syndergard to Red Sox for Betts. Supposedly Sox trying to cut payroll, and we've needed a CF since we traded away our new manager years ago. Question Mets fans.......would you do it? I'm a definite yes.

There has to be some wink-wink deal with Betts that he will negotiate a new deal but I would be very happy of this happened. Kinda getting tired of Syndergaard's act and tp be honest, he ain't no deGrom

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

There has to be some wink-wink deal with Betts that he will negotiate a new deal but I would be very happy of this happened. Kinda getting tired of Syndergaard's act and tp be honest, he ain't no deGrom

Agreed. I think Wheeler is better than Syndergaard. Cespedes comes off the books next year, so Brodie would have to convince ownership to carry that dough for one more year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cespedes contract is insured so I wouldn't exactly think his contract figures should be part of the decision making process.

Agreed. I think Wheeler is better than Syndergaard. Cespedes comes off the books next year, so Brodie would have to convince ownership to carry that dough for one more year.


Sent from my SM-G960U using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Cespedes contract is insured so I wouldn't exactly think his contract figures should be part of the decision making process.

 


Sent from my SM-G960U using JetNation.com mobile app
 

 

Great point, I would hope not too. But we do know who we’re talking about here.😀

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilpons will not go for Betts 30 million/year or so contract. Mets right now are close to luxury tax so no way Wilpon will do something like this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...