Sell The Team Plane

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ironically, it’s because idiot fans know the idiot owner will be swayed by the idiotic plane. 

Maybe we could start a go fund me to have Peyton Manning sing “go ahead and sell the team” to Chris Johnson nationwide style

• Haha 2

It's rather simply that there's nothing fans can do to convince the Johnsons to sell the team, so might as well make them keep trying over and over again as quickly as possible when they fail miserably, and then all keep our fingers crossed that they eventually just get some blind luck on their side and it actually works out by some miracle.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

It's rather simply that there's nothing fans can do to convince the Johnsons to sell the team, so might as well make them keep trying over and over again as quickly as possible when they fail miserably, and then all keep our fingers crossed that they eventually just get some blind luck on their side and it actually works out by some miracle.

They can, you know, own the team and defer all football decisions to a qualified person. That’s a fair compromise and what should have been happening. Whether it’s the GM or a VP of football ops. Everyone wins. Useless Johnsons keep their cash cow and the team is run by someone that is qualified. I hate the Johnsons but they are never selling the team. This is the only compromise that I’d feel comfortable with. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

They can, you know, own the team and defer all football decisions to a qualified person. That’s a fair compromise and what should have been happening. Whether it’s the GM or a VP of football ops. Everyone wins. Useless Johnsons keep their cash cow and the team is run by someone that is qualified. I hate the Johnsons but they are never selling the team. This is the only compromise that I’d feel comfortable with. 

That really is the simplest, and totally logical, answer.  Of course, that means it'll surely never happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

That really is the simplest, and totally logical, answer.  Of course, that means it'll surely never happen.

That’s why it’s crazy that this doesn’t happen. I don’t understand why it’s not an option. They waste SOOOO much money in dead money from bad contracts for players, coaches and GMs. They are actually losing money from being so short sighted. 

25 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think there are lots of things that could be put on airplane banners...

"Dump your Season Tickets"

"Empty seats motivate Owners"

"Blame Macc Gase the Johnsons"

"For a good time call joewilly 867-5309"

:D 

Here's some more:

"Trade Jamal"

"DFA Darrrrrrrrrrrrryl"

"#33 Smith > #33 Adams"

"Walk Away, Winters"

3 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

Yet we have some fans that KNOW Gase will be an OC in 2 years time in college football, but still want to defend him and give him a chance.

I don’t “know” that Gase will be a college OC in two years. I “know” that Manish Mehta is going to get every Vinny and Joey Bagadonuts bonehead between here and Seaside frothing at the mouth because Gase got Manish’s buddies fired and Chris Johnson is going to overreact and fire Gase. I also “know” that the Jets are going to have to hire Korn Ferry to find them a coach and I “know” we’re going to be sitting here in April debating the merits of new Jets Coach Marty Mornhinweg.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t “know” that Gase will be a college OC in two years. I “know” that Manish Mehta is going to get every Vinny and Joey Bagadonuts bonehead between here and Seaside frothing at the mouth because Gase got Manish’s buddies fired and Chris Johnson is going to overreact and fire Gase. I also “know” that the Jets are going to have to hire Korn Ferry to find them a coach and I “know” we’re going to be sitting here in April debating the merits of new Jets Coach Marty Mornhinweg.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I still don’t like the way JD was hired. A lot of you were so blind by your Mac hate that you failed to see the stupidity of the timing of the hire 

Ideally, JD should’ve been hired on Black Monday evening, right after we should’ve fired Macc. The longer we waited with that garbage, the worse it got. Now we are stuck with this years “best defensive prospect” in Quinnen. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mornhinweg>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gase 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Mornhinweg>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gase 

Cool cool let’s just lock Joe Douglas into a new coach based on the criteria “better than Gase.”

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mornhinweg? Could be the only loser Coach to be employed by both the Lions and the Jets. Amazing. So you know it will happen.

• Upvote 1