Possible for the Jets to have 3 first round picks?

Rhg1084

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

Lol, no.

Maybe.  Someone might take a flier on him today for a mid-2nd, purely on potential, sure.

Yes.

No, I don't think so.

Such nonsense.  He would easily bring a 1st rounder.  We are getting a 1st rounder plus for a friggin box safety that makes no impact on  the game and no team is going to offer up a 1st for a 22 year old highly rated Qb who has played on a garbage offense team with a garbage coach?

11 hours ago, RobR said:

You're a first time GM and Burrow is on the board, yet you already have Darnold. What do you do?

Everyone keeps talking about Young and OL and we might be targeting a QB. Can't say I'd hate the decision.

Fancy new toy syndrome.  What has Borrow done to suggest he is better than darnold?

Should the jets draft a QB next year?  Yes, in about the 5th or 6th round.

Even if darnold busts you can't use high resources on another QB when you have no olinem no pass rush, no corners and so so wrs.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Such nonsense.  He would easily bring a 1st rounder.  We are getting a 1st rounder plus for a friggin box safety that makes no impact on  the game and no team is going to offer up a 1st for a 22 year old highly rated Qb who has played on a garbage offense team with a garbage coach?

If you say so. 

Personally I think Jets fans VASTLY over-rate Darnold and his value at this moment in time, given his status as the worst QB in the NFL right now.  How many first round picks did Arizona get for Rosen?  I think Darnold on the market today is worth a similar value. 

But frankly it's irrelevant. 

We're.  Not.  Trading.  Darnold.  We're.  Not.  Drafting.  Tua. 

So you could say he's worth 100 1st round picks if it makes you happy.  It'll almost assuredly never be verified, because we're not trading him.

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Tua has played on absolute stacked teams from top to bottom.

After he has a rough 1st year i assume we trade him and draft trevor lawrence?

Exactly.  Tua plays behind an OL with multiple guys who will be drafted.  His WRs include several guys who will be drafted.  He has an RB who will be drafted.  He put up huge numbers against lesser competition when he can sit back in the pocket while guys like Ruggs and Jeudy get seperation against overmatched DBs.  He had a solid hallf off the bench against UGA int he Natty two years ago, but that is probably his only solid performance against a good defense.  

If he is dominant against LSU today, I will eat my words, but I expect he will look average against that LSU defense this afternoon (assuming he plays).

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Fancy new toy syndrome.  What has Borrow done to suggest he is better than darnold?

Should the jets draft a QB next year?  Yes, in about the 5th or 6th round.

Even if darnold busts you can't use high resources on another QB when you have no olinem no pass rush, no corners and so so wrs.

I'm not advocating trading Darnold, just playing the what if game. We have no idea what JD thinks of Darnold and it's quite rare that a team has a chance to even draft a FQB. If he thinks Burrow is that guy and he's available it's not that far fetched that we pick him.

We can also build the oline at the same time with a trade of Adams. Take Burrow first, draft a lineman with the Adams pick and then select another at the top of the second. Make Scherff priority number one in FA and we instantly have a better line.

And Burrow as a prospect is better than Darnold. They're about the same size but Burrow doesn't have the turnover issues that have plagued Darnold. He's also mobile, plays against top competition, is accurate, and has a strong arm. What's not to like about Burrow?

13 hours ago, RobR said:

You're a first time GM and Burrow is on the board, yet you already have Darnold. What do you do?

Everyone keeps talking about Young and OL and we might be targeting a QB. Can't say I'd hate the decision.

Burrow doesn't have a first round arm. It is what it is. 

52 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'm not advocating trading Darnold, just playing the what if game. We have no idea what JD thinks of Darnold and it's quite rare that a team has a chance to even draft a FQB. If he thinks Burrow is that guy and he's available it's not that far fetched that we pick him.

We can also build the oline at the same time with a trade of Adams. Take Burrow first, draft a lineman with the Adams pick and then select another at the top of the second. Make Scherff priority number one in FA and we instantly have a better line.

And Burrow as a prospect is better than Darnold. They're about the same size but Burrow doesn't have the turnover issues that have plagued Darnold. He's also mobile, plays against top competition, is accurate, and has a strong arm. What's not to like about Burrow?

Burrow does NOT have a strong arm. LOL.  Urban Meyer told him he throws like a girl. 

Hes physically far inferior to Darnold. More like Matt Leinart. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

He might not have a cannon but it's plenty strong enough that he's likely a top 5 pick in the draft.

He'll be a top pick because of demand. Physically, hes Matt Leinart (but R handed). 

Today will be interesting. DeShaun Watson took Saban to the woodshed with a questionable (at the time) fastball. Looking forward to LSU v Bama

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

He'll be a top pick because of demand. Physically, hes Matt Leinart (but R handed). 

You said he doesn't have a first round arm but admit that he'll be a top pick because of demand. 

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, RobR said:

You said he doesn't have a first round arm but admit that he'll be a top pick because of demand. 

giphy.gif

Don't be snarky, or I'll start talking about Edoga. 

?

But yes. He will be a top pick because of the desperation for QBs in the NFL. So will Tua, who is also a flawed prospect.

A team traded up to 3 and took Mitch Trubisky a couple of years ago. 

A team traded to 3 for EJ Manuel. 

Ryan Tannehill went top 10 after.playing WR for most of his college career.  

Joe was a 5th round prospect 6 weeks ago. He hasn't changed into a new person, hes just in the right spot in College. Good for him, but dude isn't near the prospect Darnold...or even Rosen, was. 

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Don't be snarky, or I'll start talking about Edoga. 

?

But yes. He will be a top pick because of the desperation for QBs in the NFL. So will Tua, who is also a flawed prospect.

A team traded up to 3 and took Mitch Trubisky a couple of years ago. 

A team traded to 3 for EJ Manuel. 

Ryan Tannehill went top 10 after.playing WR for most of his college career.  

Joe was a 5th round prospect 6 weeks ago. He hasn't changed into a new person, hes just in the right spot in College. Good for him, but dude isn't near the prospect Darnold...or even Rosen, was. 

We're talking about someone who might go first overall. Ej Manuel was a mid round pick not 3rd overall and Tannehill started at QB for two years just like Darnold. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on what type of prospect Burrow is. 

And you can bring up Edoga anytime. By next year you'll be singing a different tune.?

6 minutes ago, RobR said:

We're talking about someone who might go first overall. Ej Manuel was a mid round pick not 3rd overall and Tannehill started at QB for two years just like Darnold. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on what type of prospect Burrow is. 

And you can bring up Edoga anytime. By next year you'll be singing a different tune.?

I'M stronger than Edoga. LOL Zero faith.

Dont know who I was thinking about, always think Manuel was 3rd Overall. Like a mental block. 

On 11/8/2019 at 2:56 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Let’s say we keep our pick and take Tua. We can then trade Sam and Adams each for a 1st plus more picks. Would set this team up very nice. Do you think if they had the chance to take Tua Douglas would entertain dealing Sam for a 1?

You only trade Sam Darnold if you don’t think he’s good. If he’s not good then who is going to trade a first round pick for him?