Jets will beat the Giants this Sunday

Alka

Before you jump on me, let me remind you that I started a thread one other time this season when I predicted the Jets would beat the Dallas Cowboys, and gave my reasons.

I have been trying hard to convince myself that the Jets would lose this Sunday, but my conscious won't let me believe that. 

So, what is my reasoning:

1. Giants wide receivers are hurt, and Jets will be able to cover what Giants put on the field.

2. Herndon is back, giving Darnold another option.

3. It seems that Hewitt and Beachum might be back this week.  If they both play, this makes a huge difference in the game.  Perhaps the biggest plus.  With Beachum back at left tackle, Edoga can go back to right Tackle.  To me, this is a big deal.  With Hewitt back, Copeland can go back to playing outside linebacker. So, two players back puts 4 players in the positions they should be in.

4. Jamal Adams has made up with Douglas.  I know this sounds so stupid, but if Jamal's head is on right, not only will he play better, but he is the leader on this defense, and the defense will play better.  Go ahead, call me stupid.

I realize i should have just quit after predicting the Jets beating the Cowboys, but unfortunately I can't help myself.

I have been so amazing at predicting games this year in the NFL.. I don't understand it, because I never was this good.  I predicted the Cowboys beating the Giants 37-17 this past Monday, and Dallas won 37-18.  I think I'm about 75% correct so far on my predictions with the point spread.  Just crazy. Maybe I'll be wrong this Sunday and I can go back to being obscure.  Of course, I only bet on 2 games this year, so I'm not putting my money where my mouth is. Still, 2 for 2 in those games.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Could be, yes... Been considering the offense Gase likes and what the problem is.  With the Colts and Broncos, Manning had four basic pass plays. Nothing more. It was predicated on executing those few plays to perfection.  Timing and execution. It is not about flash or complex scheme.  It is why we see so many ups and downs with the Jets offense.  One given drive they produce an on the next, they look bush league.  They don't always execute.   This is due to both questionable talent and lack of repetition and poor proficiency.  This is really an important factor to keep in mind when evaluating Gase and Darnold.  Gase is not a HC that uses what he has and tailors scheme to the strength of his players.  This is Gase jamming a square peg into a round hole. NOT GOOD for Darnold.  For him, gotta move the pocket and blend in running game and play action.   

If the Giants know what to defend against, the Jets and Darnold will be easy meat.  If the Jets are allowed to execute (no pressure from Giants front)  the Jets will make it look like the Dallas game...

FYI.... Gase sucks because he's another "genius" jamming a square peg in a round hole and Darnold is doomed unless Gase is canned. 

• Upvote 3

Can't see our defense being able to stop Saquan with the linebacker injuries . Also hate to say,I hate the matchup of Leonard Wiiliam against Brian Wintwrs or Lewis. I could actually see Leo with a couple sacks 

Hoping that Greg Williams can confuse Giants rookie QB enough to give us a chance 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Giants defense is really bad, they can't stop anyone. The back 7 is terrible, LBs are all hurt, and the secondary is very young.

Darnold, even in his current funk, should throw for over 300 yards easily, and put up a few TD passes.

Jets 31-24 and the game won't be that close. I see the Gmen scoring mostly in garbage time, as the Jets call off the dawgs.

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Before you jump on me, let me remind you that I started a thread one other time this season when I predicted the Jets would beat the Dallas Cowboys, and gave my reasons.

I have been trying hard to convince myself that the Jets would lose this Sunday, but my conscious won't let me believe that. 

1. Giants wide receivers are hurt, and Jets will be able to cover what Giants put on the field.

3. It seems that Hewitt and Beachum might be back this week.  If they both play, this makes a huge difference in the game.  Perhaps the biggest plus.  With Beachum back at left tackle, Edoga can go back to right Tackle.  To me, this is a big deal.  With Hewitt back, Copeland can go back to playing outside linebacker. So, two players back puts 4 players in the positions they should be in.

4. Jamal Adams has made up with Douglas.  I know this sounds so stupid, but if Jamal's head is on right, not only will he play better, but he is the leader on this defense, and the defense will play better.  Go ahead, call me stupid.

I realize i should have just quit after predicting the Jets beating the Cowboys, but unfortunately I can't help myself.

I have been so amazing at predicting games this year in the NFL.. I don't understand it, because I never was this good.  I predicted the Cowboys beating the Giants 37-17 this past Monday, and Dallas won 37-18.  I think I'm about 75% correct so far on my predictions with the point spread.  Just crazy. Maybe I'll be wrong this Sunday and I can go back to being obscure.  Of course, I only bet on 2 games this year, so I'm not putting my money where my mouth is. Still, 2 for 2 in those games.

What I got out of this is every time you do a thread about jets winning we win. So now I blame you for this terrible season. If your too lazy to only do two threads about winning,and we win. Then step up and take the blame like a man 

Sad Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Man I don't believe we can win with gase

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

Doesn't look like Hewitt is going to play. Getting Beachum back would be huge.

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

Is it possible to have a score in negative points? 

If say, the QB (or any player I guess) falls down in his own end zone, does the other team get a safety? Or does the falling down team get -2 points?