### Jets \ Giants -- The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This Jets franchise is legit making me want to convert to my local, racist-named, horribly-run, equally inept, also 1 win NFL franchise.

It better do something to stem that asap ffs.

I’m shocked we’re getting the game in DC. Also a little interested to see how it goes. May as well watch. 

Today’s game plan for victory. 
Neutralize Barkley. Key on him and make Jones beat the Jets. 
Blitz frequently and get some QB pressure.

Get Bell the ball at least 20 times on the ground and through the air. 
Get Herndon in the game early. 
Design pass plays to get the ball out in 2-3 seconds. Air out to RA a few times. Play action, run off tackle and sweep, slants, flare outs and screens. Keep mixing it up. 

Gases plan plan? Who the F knows.

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Just curious Adams do as a player to embarrass the Jets more than what Gase does as a coach?  Are you implying that Gase is a better coach than Adams is a player or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Adams is supposed to be a best in the league safety, at least that's what we've been routinely told.  Yet he keeps allowing TDs, not turning the ball over, all while being a self-serving jackass to boot.  Gase is another middling coach with a pitiful roster, which, incidentally, is kind of what many of us expected.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Nope. I didn’t forget. I’m just not self-deluding enough to think that this team is a coach away from not being a complete disaster.

You asked: "Who embarrasses the Jets the most today?"

To me, Gase is an embarrassment in play calling, game management and lack of in game adjustments. I am embarrassed at how inept he makes our team look from top to bottom. No one said anything about a new coach saving us from disaster.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Blast said:

You asked: "Who embarrasses the Jets the most today?"

To me, Gase is an embarrassment in play calling, game management and lack of in game adjustments. I am embarrassed at how inept he makes our team look from top to bottom. No one said anything about a new coach saving us from disaster.

What adjustments do you make to compensate for an offensive line like ours?  Max Protect?  Then, what do you do about the fact that our top WR can't get off the LOS, and when you keep a TE, and RB in, you only have 3 options, including the aforementioned WR.

Is Gase a good coach?  Probably not.  Is there a coach that could turn this team into something respectable?  Again, probably not.

It simply isn't that embarrassing that a guy can't turn sh*t into gold, or even, sh*t into oxidized copper, for that matter.