Just started.. Tua vs joe...which will be a jet next year?

HighPitch

Two best players in this upcoming draft is  1. Chase Young - DE  and  2. Joe Burrow QB.   Give me either one.   Look we invested in a QB but Sm Darnold is not Joe Burrow.  Burrow has it all where Darnold who was athletic needed to stay in college another year.  We could win with Darnold but we need an excellent offensive line.  Burrow has a quicker release and is Tom Brady accurate.   Chase Young could be as disruptive as JJ Watt and has a motor like LT.  

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

Two best players in this upcoming draft is  1. Chase Young - DE  and  2. Joe Burrow QB.   Give me either one.   Look we invested in a QB but Sm Darnold is not Joe Burrow.  Burrow has it all where Darnold who was athletic needed to stay in college another year.  We could win with Darnold but we need an excellent offensive line.  Burrow has a quicker release and is Tom Brady accurate.   Chase Young could be as disruptive as JJ Watt and has a motor like LT.  

Andrew Thomas needs to be in that triumvirate.  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, RobR said:

I don't see it at all with Tua and now I'm a bit concerned with the arm strength thing regarding Burrow. I still think it's good enough but I understand his detractors. 

Burrow doesn't have a great arm but that's just a bit of the package. I think he makes all the NFL throws - he's got an adequate enough arm. He's got superb pocket presence, footwork and decision making; all of which I'd prioritize over raw arm strength.

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Andrew Thomas needs to be in that triumvirate.  

Nice player but these two and wide receiver Tylan Wallace out of Oklahoma St. are game changers. Unfortunately Tylan hurt his knee and he is out for the year and he is a junior.  These three players could change a game by themselves.  Thomas can't.    

2 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Nice player but these two and wide receiver Tylan Wallace out of Oklahoma St. are game changers. Unfortunately Tylan hurt his knee and he is out for the year and he is a junior.  These three players could change a game by themselves.  Thomas can't.    

Chuma Edoga says Hi.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, British Jet said:

The amazing thing is if one of these guys is on the board and we’ve been awful, all it takes is for one stupid team to think we might actually roll the dice on a new QB for us to make an absolute mountain of draft capital. 
We should be drafting a WR and O-line. That’s it. 

A legit pass rushing OLB would be nice as well...

9 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Are you freaking insane. Excellent OL? Like the OL we have is even average and Sam is failing? Our OL is proba ly the worst in OL history.  Montana would fail behind this line. 

I'm am convinced, we have the worst fans in the NFL. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I really don't understand why it's sacrilege to ask the question: "What if Darnold's not the guy ?"

Bears are already looking to throw Mitchell Trubisky in the trash and he's had way more success than Darnold(granted, he's had more talent surrounding him)

Last in DvOA, last in DYAR(both by a significant margin) and the finger wagging brigade telling everyone you just can’t draft another QB. Reasoning? You just can’t. (Even though the Cardinals just did it and it worked)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Tua doesn’t even remotely qualify as an “elite” QB prospect.

And as much as I like Burrow, I wouldn’t classify him as “elite” either.

If Trevor Lawrence was draft eligible and we were headed towards the #1 pick, then that’s a different discussion.

But he’s not.

Andrew Thomas is the way to go if available.

Scherff and Conklin in FA, Thomas and Biadasz/Humphrey in the 1st round after trading Adams.

That’s how you take a sh*t OL and make it a potential Top 5 unit in the league over night.

That’s how you protect your young QB and give him a legitimate chance in addition to opening up rushing lanes for the star RB that you’re paying nearly $14 million a year.

Really? Go look at almost every mock draft and ranking. Burrow is the #1 pick and rated #1 qb in almost every one.

youre not being truthful or realistic

11 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I really don't understand why it's sacrilege to ask the question: "What if Darnold's not the guy ?"

Bears are already looking to throw Mitchell Trubisky in the trash and he's had way more success than Darnold(granted, he's had more talent surrounding him)

Because it is not based in reality.  It's  like asking what if General Electric  stops making light bulbs.  

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Last in DvOA, last in DYAR(both by a significant margin) and the finger wagging brigade telling everyone you just can’t draft another QB. Reasoning? You just can’t. (Even though the Cardinals just did it and it worked)

The Cardinals were smart. Obviously Rosen is a bad QB. A bust. They made the right choice. The fact he isn't  even starting a tanking team speaks volumes. 

Darnold has shown he can be the guy

Rosen never did

17 hours ago, Losmeister said:

notice how he hung in there and threw a TD w/ Bama #58 bearing down on him and hitting him hard?

no pussy going backwards and throwing it up for grabs. stand in there. plant ur foot and deliver and take th ehit.

its football.

I agree.  Joe has very good mechanics.  Sam is all over the place.  Joe also has a low turnover ratio.  Joe the Jet  might happen if Sam really looks bad this last half of the season, but he would have to look really bad.

3 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

I agree.  Joe has very good mechanics.  Sam is all over the place.  Joe also has a low turnover ratio.  Joe the Jet  might happen if Sam really looks bad this last half of the season, but he would have to look really bad.

Even if Sam curled up into a fetal position every snap, the Jets still would not take a QB in the first round. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Pappi, theres a good chance one of these two will be a jet if Sam keeps regressing.

I don't think there is.  

19 hours ago, HighPitch said:

you of all people should be interested since ur always down on sam

Nope, not always down on Sam.  Love his potential, love the few flashes we've seen.  But the old adage "you are what your record says you are" is a truism for a reason.  I have no doubt he'll get all of whats left of 2019 and all of 2020 to show he is legit.  He will not be moved, nor will legit competition for him be brought in, till the end of 2020 at the earliest (IMO).

I could of course, always be wrong, but that doesn't mean I want to talk draft picks yet, given how much of this season remains to be played and played out.  We could still end of picking 6th as usual, if we get a few late trash wins.

18 hours ago, Losmeister said:

notice how he hung in there and threw a TD w/ Bama #58 bearing down on him and hitting him hard?

no pussy going backwards and throwing it up for grabs. stand in there. plant ur foot and deliver and take th ehit.

its football.

Yeah. That's Sam's problem. He never takes hits. 

?

• Haha 1

I think Burrow is the first QB off the board. Tua is deadly accurate (great deep ball and touch), but I worry about him staying healthy at the next level. It’s also difficult to evaluate him given all the advantages he has at Bama (see Sanchez).

Keep an eye on this Jordan Love kid at Utah State. He’s got some Mahomes qualities to his game. 

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Really? Go look at almost every mock draft and ranking. Burrow is the #1 pick and rated #1 qb in almost every one.

youre not being truthful or realistic

Who cares?

A few years back damn near every mock leading up to the draft had Johnny Manziel as the #1 QB and the Texans drafting him with the first pick.

Means nothing.

Burrow isn’t in the same league as guys like Elway, Peyton, or Luck as a prospect. Hell, he’s not even on the level that Darnold was.

Trevor Lawrence is that guy. Next year...

Burrow is a good prospect (best in THIS draft class) who absolutely has questions regarding his arm strength.

No way you give up on Darnold this early and pass on someone like Andrew Thomas or Chase Young for a lesser QB prospect.

Look, I like the guy A LOT but Burrow is not this picture perfect prospect some are making him out to be.  He struggled in his time at OSU and I have a feeling that the system and WR talent now in place at LSU has a lottttttt to do with his gaudy performances.  He's going to come out with a very similar profile to Darnold.  Raw.   Supremely talented.  Incredibly inexperienced.  Burrow has had far better talent and coaching to help him though.

It's all moot because we aren't replacing Sam.  We should be focused on O-Line, WR and EDGE, in that order.

On 11/9/2019 at 11:14 PM, Tony The Wiz said:

Nonsense

On 11/9/2019 at 11:45 PM, Skeet Ulrich said:

True. But that also doesn't mean you grasp at the very first QB that wins a big game. I've been watching Burrow and I think he's a good college QB and nothing more.

On 11/10/2019 at 4:45 AM, Skeet Ulrich said:

It isn't.

Actually giving up on him after two seasons when the team has about one hundred more pressing needs is what's ridiculous. 

If we draft a QB in the top 4 everyone in the organisation needs to go.

• Upvote 1