Schefter: Christopher Johnson to Remain Patient With Gase (Sources)

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The thing that this story tells us is that CJ, not JD, is the one making this decision.

JD came out and said that AG is a good head coach and he believes in him, this happened only a week ago.  I'm not sure what's unclear or why we need plane banners and conspiracy theories.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, kmnj said:

we lost to a team with zero talent last week and a team that is trying to lose and a team that fired Gase to boot lol

1.  The Dolphins had the better D and the better QB.  Gee, how could they possibly win?

2.  The Dolphins GM is trying to lose.  Players want to win.  The tape they leave behind is their only ticket to employment.

3.  The Dolphins fired Gase.  At least you got that right.

SAR I

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Pac said:

How is this surprising?  Did anyone really think Gase would be fired half way through his first season when this team has been completely ravaged by injuries?  It's been the pop warner squad all year.  At no point have we had even 50% of the original starters play a game together.

The only way there's a chance he's let go is if we finish 1-15 and are non-competitive against the dregs of the NFL (yes like last week) and/or there is a player revolt.  To not give him at least 1 year with the something resembling a varsity squad would be a bad look.  Not to mention, he's not paying 3 coaches and 2 gm's next year.

This isn't about whether he sucks or not because thus far he has.  It's about understanding that this was a cursed year and there was very little ANY coach could have done to fulfill the playoff expectations many had in August.

And there you go, the voice of reason.

Attention SOJF's:  This is how you're supposed to think.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well this is not unexpected at all.

Numb nuts was patient with bowles and mccagnan as well.

One has to hope that between now and the end of the year Gase gives him a legit reason to be patient, because up till now gase has brought nothing to the table except regression.

F*ckin dweeb won’t own his huge mistake...what a surprise/s.

The questions to ask at this point are “what exactly does Gase do well?”

Name them.

I can’t think of 1 thing.  But most importantly could you ever envision Adam Gase holding up the Lombardi Trophy as HC of NYJ, even if he had a roster of only Pro Bowlers? I can’t.

So if that’s the case, then cut bait right now.

What kind of “offensive genius” loses such a slew of double digit games?  Put Luke Falk aside (then again in Gase’s ultimate wisdom he brought Falk to NY after watching the rag arm for a full year).

Gase is a disaster, the final chapter to the 2019 season will be that he gets Darnold INJURED, in a very bad way.

But the Johnsons are even more of a disaster than Maccagnan, Bowles and Gase COMBINED. There is NO HOPE for the Jets as long as they remain owners.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, kmnj said:

only in jet land do people believe poor performance should be rewarded with more time to perform badly. the same folks wanted more time for hackenberg and geno .....

Less than a year ago we got rid of every fat lazy stoned defensive lineman, got rid of every malcontent, got rid of every bloated contract, and got rid of our entire coaching and player personnel staff.  8 months ago we hired their replacements.

This is a long-term plan to restore order to the front office while we try to groom a QB and compete towards a playoff berth.  The on field performance doesn't matter right now.  What matters is what is going on in Florham Park.  First floor, coaching.  Second floor, player development.  Our owner, and most of the experts in the NFL, like what we've done.  You should too.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Dude listen I did not donate a penny to any of this, I only reported the amount collected. 

I never said I supported it either. 

Check yourself. 

joewilly12 

When the banner is painted and the plane is preparing for takeoff, you're Mr. Firegaser.

When the owner disregards the gesture and says he's staying the course, you're Mr. Neversaidit.

SAR I

Translation: 

Yea we don’t really want to pay three Head Coaches next year so we’re gonna do absolutely nothing and hope the problem fixes itself...we’ll take a look at hiring a new HC after we get one of these buffoons off our books...I mean after we’ve thoroughly evaluated the situation. Jet Up! 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

Well, then, I hope we lose 60-3 because SOMETHING needs to convince numbnuts that Gase has to go. 

Good job, Airplane Boy.  As I said, full-on BACKFIRE.  Whatever followers you picked up yesterday are gone today.  You embarrassed the fanbase.  That's all you achieved.

Go away.  And don't try it again.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Wait till 4:15pm tomorrow.  A double digit loss to the giants with danny dimes outshining darnold is the final nail in the coffin.

gase_banner.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=6

Sure looks like bulletin board fodder to me.  If something is going to propel the Jets to victory it's going to be to rally around their unfairly persecuted head coach and his wife and kids.  Guess who gets the first game ball if we do win?

That's right.  Your buddy Airplane Boy.  Hashtag #149FOLLOWERSANDAGASEEXTENSION

SAR I

28 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Just follow the money. We all knew the Johnson's wouldn't pay three head coaches next year.

Or, just follow rational thought.  You commit to a long-term contract to a young head coach and young GM because you believe they can turn it around in 3-4 years.

This isn't even Year 1.  We're at Year ½.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Lith said:

Does patience mean making an evaluation and decision at end of season.  If so, I can live with that.  Or does patience mean giving him a couple of years.  That could be a problem.

Competence and accountability for results have never been a requirement or evaluation criteria for these owners. 

I think there is a higher chance that Gase gets canned for mouthing off at CJ than CJ firing Gase one year into his contract for on the field performance. So root for that I guess. 

Jets very much care about PR more than results as well, hence why these leaks are occurring unprompted. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

JD came out and said that AG is a good head coach and he believes in him, this happened only a week ago.  I'm not sure what's unclear or why we need plane banners and conspiracy theories.

SAR I

What conspiracy theory.  The story is that Chris Johnson (not Joe D) is remaining patient with Gase.

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When the banner is painted and the plane is preparing for takeoff, you're Mr. Firegaser.

When the owner disregards the gesture and says he's staying the course, you're Mr. Neversaidit.

SAR I

See @SAR I  I never said FIRE ADAM GASE and I never said FLY THE PLANE.

I thought and hoped Adam Gase was our Sean McVay and Matt Nagy. 

I have been critical of it all including Sam Darnold and say if he doesn't show improvements and he continues to regress we may not have a choice but to draft another QB. 

You assumed I did I am not so patiently sitting back and letting things play out offering up my opinions of the entire situation. 

Ive been a fan for 56 years seen the good the bad and the ugly. 

50 years and counting it seems like nothing changes and here I remain. 

You need to calm down and realize many here argue with you just for fun. 

Playoffs?????????????

joewilly12

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Step 1 - Execute Order 66 on Maccagnan.

Step 2 - Last long enough to draft this long haired beauty: 694940094001_5987127458001_5987117374001-vs.jpg.fcd3574d6bb36c4907580ba9db150980.jpg

Step 3 - Prosper.

Bonus mission: Piss off a turbo virgin on Twitter that owns some sh*tty NY sports magazine that, literally, no one outside of them and their extended family cares about.

I gotta admit, I love Adam Gase's wild ride.  Let chaos reign.

roller coaster drop GIF by Ben L

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Less than a year ago we got rid of every fat lazy stoned defensive lineman, got rid of every malcontent, got rid of every bloated contract, and got rid of our entire coaching and player personnel staff.  8 months ago we hired their replacements.

This is a long-term plan to restore order to the front office while we try to groom a QB and compete towards a playoff berth.  The on field performance doesn't matter right now.  What matters is what is going on in Florham Park.  First floor, coaching.  Second floor, player development.  Our owner, and most of the experts in the NFL, like what we've done.  You should too.

SAR I

Wow, a long-term plan is going on while we definitely would've gone 11-5 this year had we remained healthy!  At this pace, we're probably going to win the Superbowl next year!

• Haha 1