Did We Ruin Sam ?

Smashmouth

6 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You weren't talking to me here, but I think this is the perfect opportunity for Darnold to get a good game under his belt. I predicted in the game thread he'd have a 300+ yard 3 TD day. That's how beat up and bad the Giants defense is.

I predicted a 34-27 Jets win, but with two teams as bad as these, that's just throwing darts. Who knows? The one thing I think we can safely assume is both these young QBs should be able to put up some big numbers against undermanned defenses.

Ahem.

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I've been seeing this narrative over and over so here's my take. Keep in mind, I'm the guy who is always optimistic about QB's I was about Sanchez and I was about Penny thinking Sanchez would finally 
"get it" and Penny would overcome his injuries> I was wrong.

Sure :rolleyes: we ruined the guy who consistently throws off his back foot, sees ghosts, and throws Ints to the other team with no Jets within 10 yards of the Int. If that was not bad enough he's starting to fumble again, not at an alarming rate but he does not seem to have that timer in his head as to when to just throw the ball away.

I really never liked Sam but I changed my entire outlook when we drafted him hoping I was wrong about him even though I saw red flags in his mechanics in college along with his propensity for turnovers. I figured, as I always do, give the kid a chance see what he's got .... Turns out My initial opinion was correct. I even figured since he seemed to throw good on the run that might be a thing and it was early on but now it seems he can't even do that well anymore.

Once again this could come down to the question that's always brought up about QB's does he have the brain cells to process information at a very fast pace and make the proper decision's ? It's a very rare ability found in ELITE QB's and athleticism does not factor into that equation. Great arm, great feet, big , tall, big hands all mean nothing when it comes to the ability to process information. He's going to go out vs scrub teams that don't pressure him and give every damn one of you false hope just like Sanchez and Smith then play a defense that gives him a little trouble and promptly sh*t the bed. Has Sam had a tough fought game winning drive ? A game he got beat shreds but sucked it up to bring us back ? Nah he's not Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers and he will never come close to that. Some teams actually most teams don't see a QB like that in their entire existences and you know deep down that's what you want.

Even if this kid turns it around and figures it out how much do you think he could actually be ? Maybe a middle of the road QB maybe a Andy Dalton ? Forget franchise QB or elite QB, remember you can be a franchise QB for a dumb franchise thats gives you too much time but that does not make you elite by any stretch. 

I may very well get ripped for this thread but go ahead and change my mind if you can. Me? I'm going with my first instinct with these QB's I don't care if Sam is 22 hes been in this league and alreadt beginning to regress and I'm sorry but great QB's which once again is what we all want NEVER regress, they may have their struggles but regression is not an option.

Brady didn't throw for 4000 yards in a season until he was 28. 

Brady was considered just a game manager his first couple of years. 

He was lucky not to be a 22 year old in the twitter age where everyone has dumb hot takes and needs instant results. 

Darnold is accurate.

Darnold hits receivers in stride.

Darnold has great pocket presence. 

Darnold is mobile.

Darnold has a good arm. 

Darnold makes dumb mistakes. 

The dumb mistakes parts bother some of you because you are insecure Jets fans and can't handle "buttfumbles" and "ghosts." 

Darnold is our franchise QB. Deal with it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Brady didn't throw for 4000 yards in a season until he was 28. 

Brady was considered just a game manager his first couple of years. 

He was lucky not to be a 22 year old in the twitter age where everyone has dumb hot takes and needs instant results. 

Darnold is accurate.

Darnold hits receivers in stride.

Darnold has great pocket presence. 

Darnold is mobile.

Darnold has a good arm. 

Darnold makes dumb mistakes. 

The dumb mistakes parts bother some of you because you are insecure Jets fans and can't handle "buttfumbles" and "ghosts." 

Darnold is our franchise QB. Deal with it. 

Just love the way you actually posted Possible negatives on Tom Brady to try and justify the garbage we currently watch. Good Job !! Now that's a clueless Jets fan

Maybe just maybe Darnold will play in 9 SB's and have 6 SB wins. One can dream right ?