For those that Served.....THANK YOU!

Thank you all for your service!

My 8th grader is doing a project for Social Studies and has to interview a veteran.  I lined up my friend, a Navy Vet who served on the USS Kennedy in Gulf War I to do a phone interview.  I started pumping the boy with information about Gulf War I, found some old videos online, etc. to get him ready for the interview.  Brought back a lot of memories.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
3 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Army vet here 85 to 89 spent my time tdy traveling. And you're welcome

Surprised of the lack of response from actual vets on the board, however, I'm more surprised by the lack of thanks given by the board, sad. After all it is Veterans Day, and I am not a vet, today is your day! It's not for the fallen, that's Memorial Day. Rock on, rammagen

2 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Surprised of the lack of response from actual vets on the board, however, I'm more surprised by the lack of thanks given by the board, sad. After all it is Veterans Day, and I am not a vet, today is your day! It's not for the fallen, that's Memorial Day. Rock on, rammagen

thanks allot. a ton of vets are like me we dont go around sporting the status. very laid back the most you will see is hat on vets and memorial day.  We did our tie my hats are off for people that make it a career, it is a hard calling, I did my 4 and then got out.  

We are mostly a pretty tight nit group I go i volunteer with Vets that need help and allot of other do it and we just keep it down-low.

• Upvote 1

Thank you. 

Time are changing and with every passing year, it feel less patriotic.  I fear that in the near future instead of thank you for your service politicians will be apologizing for the greatest military the world had ever seen.  I salute every NFL owners on this day for not giving that POS a platform and a chance to stick it to all of us on our favorite pastime.

America First. 

"All gave some, some gave all." 

A big thank you to all those have have served and to those who continue to serve.

Last but not least, a special thank you to my father who served in Korea on a Navy Destroyer for 4 years.  

These are the men and women who are the real heroes of this country.  Let's never lose sight of that.