Sign in to follow this  
Phillyjet

Couple of notables

Cool.  We still allowed 4 TD's to Daniel Jones. 

It's nice that we have a few young guys who made a couple plays from time to time.  But that's really bare minimum expectation.  Not really a reason for optimism.  

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Bengals, Redskins and Fins are definitely winnable. 

LSU would run that table.😎

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

Nate Shepherd and Bless Austin had great games.

people will talk about Adams and Jenkins, but a couple of young guys looked good.

And Fatukasi has played well all season. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RobR said:

Foley getting it done again. Guy is an immovable clog in the middle.

The D line continues to look stout. At a minimum they are truly great against the run. We know that quarterback pressure has been a challenge. If anything, the last couple of games have validated the decision to move on from Leo and at least monetize him in the form of some draft picks.

This team really needs an edge rusher. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This team really needs an edge rusher. 

No argument there but we need Offensive Lineman even more. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, RobR said:

The nice thing is we can get both if we're smart.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The unfortunate thing is I don’t know if we are. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The unfortunate thing is I don’t know if we are. 

Ownership absolutely is not.  We have to hope that Joe Douglas is the adult in the room and the Johnson's don't try to meddle.  

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gun too your head and we have only one first round pick. Chase Young and Andrew Thomas are both on the board and you have to select one. Who do you pick?

I'm taking Thomas every single time.

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

Yeah but imagine if Macc had just taken Maxx Crosby or Chase Winovich instead of Polite. Josh Allen or Brian Burns instead of QW.

Allen- Anderson- Foley-Jenkins is formidable. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

Gun too your head and we have only one first round pick. Chase Young and Andrew Thomas are both on the board and you have to select one. Who do you pick?

I can't answer this as you ask it because it's not acceptable to me that we end up with only one first rounder next season.  There should be ample opportunity to pick up another 1st.  Either via a Jamal Adams trade OR by trading down to a QB-needy team.  

If we end up with multiple 1sts I'd lean towards taking Chase Young.  If we do not then I suppose my hand would be forced and  would go with Thomas.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I can't answer this because it's not acceptable to me that we end up with only one first rounder next season.  There should be ample opportunity to pick up another 1st.  Either via a Jamal Adams trade OR by trading down to a QB-needy team.  

That's why I said gun to your head.

Just now, RobR said:

That's why I said gun to your head.

Edited my post just after you responded:

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If we end up with multiple 1sts I'd lean towards taking Chase Young.  If we do not then I suppose my hand would be forced and  would go with Thomas.  

It's funny how Mac's mid and late round picks shine as soon as they get a shot to replace his high round and free agent failures.

Shep looked good today.

Edited my post just after you responded:

Total agreement.

• Upvote 1

Bless Austin looked great. The only negative was that he dropped an easy INT served up to him by Daniel Jones. I can't even give him credit for at least breaking up the play because the ball was thrown basically to him on a miscommunication. But he played great. 

It'll be interesting to see how he looks down the stretch of this season, if he plays really well we could go into the off season knowing we have it least 1 starting caliber CB in Austin. 

I was at the game today, and Shepard was really very impressive.  Based upon last year, I really don't understand the transformation.

He was total garbage last year, and thought he should be cut.

Today, looking at him on the field, he looked more trim and cut, not just big.

It's hard to describe, and I could be mistaken, but it looks like he transformed his body to be able to move more nimbly and quick.  He absolutely is not the same player as last year.

I hope we can find out more about what he did to change to what he is this year.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Bless >>> Hairston

He certainly was today.

26 minutes ago, RobR said:

Thomas

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Bless looks a bit like Cromartie out there. Hopefully he's just as good.  Shep impacted this game more than Leo impacted a game all year. 

Leo impacted the game a bit today. Maybe drafting players who project as elite 3 technique DTs and having them play 5tech as a 3-4 DE isn't the wisest move? 

5 hours ago, Mark78 said:

Really?  Being serious...thought he sat out game

Quinnen got to Jones and was a challenge flag  away from causing a turnover on a sack. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cool.  We still allowed 4 TD's to Daniel Jones. 

It's nice that we have a few young guys who made a couple plays from time to time.  But that's really bare minimum expectation.  Not really a reason for optimism.  

Well usually I think teams bottom roster guy are all like that so when a top player goes down the depth holds. The optimism is that we don't usually have any of those players... usually the guys who make a couple plays now and then, are our starters...

Joe D is watching every game every play. The trade to the giants getting rid of Williams for draft picks I hope is an indicator that these guys making a few plays here and they will be retained (unlike say in the past like snacks - who by the way out performed all of our too draft picks) and that we assume the upcoming draft will be used on the line etc and that we won't be drafting another safety or DT in the first round.

I love seeing some guys stepping up, mclendon is that the guy with like 8 sacks this year? Anyway. The beauty of this league is it take one season to turn around if you have smart gm.

The bad side is if you have dumb people you can get worse, even worse that when bowles was the coach..

Anyway I love seeing these young guys show something...even if it is against the Giants

11 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Bless looks a bit like Cromartie out there. Hopefully he's just as good.  Shep impacted this game more than Leo impacted a game all year. 

bu bu bu bu bu double teams...    bu bu bu bu bu   he ALMOST got there!!

• Haha 1