Bless Austin thread (MERGED)

Newjetsfan

Looked like Bless came in and balled out. I think he looked really good with the limited reps he got. I'm not sure of the exact stats but I'm pretty sure he got at least two breakups (one was almost an INT) and he allowed zero receptions. He ended up finishing the game, if I'm not mistaken, b/c he was shutting down his receiver. Anyone have any more insight? 

We'll need to see it against a team more competent team than the Giants.  If he does it in 2 weeks against Oakland I'll get excited.  Also he's had durability issues so let me see him stay healthy before a few weeks before I pencil him in as a starter next year.  He's got the body type for it, that's for sure.  Long arms and good height.

Austin is 6'1" which sounds awesome vs 6'5" kelvin benjamin or a TE but tall corners are tough matchup vs Edelman/Golden Tate types  

it's not just pure speed it's also change of direction

in other words even if he's prime Cromartie (which is awesome most of the year and the team desperately needs a baller CB in any form) players like him and Richard Sherman can be structurally a poor matchup vs the Pats... Erhardt-Perkins route system 

27 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

We'll need to see it against a team more competent team than the Giants.  If he does it in 2 weeks against Oakland I'll get excited.  Also he's had durability issues so let me see him stay healthy before a few weeks before I pencil him in as a starter next year.  He's got the body type for it, that's for sure.  Long arms and good height.

Agreed.  A nice start, but he definitely still has a bit more to prove.  Hairston was the last beloved CB around here earlier this year, but that certainly didn't last.

Also, as you mentioned, health is definitely a concern for his future.  It was the same issue that came with Cashman, and we saw how that worked out.