Mara not happy after the Game: EDITED

Jet_Engine1

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It would be quite a turn of events if Mara fires Shurmur in-season.

Why would that be a turn of events? The Giants have a 7-17 record under Shurmur. Before that he was 9-23 in Cleveland. 

He should have been on the hot seat for a long time. His QB has been a turnover machine and the generational RB they drafted instead of Darnold has been average so far this year. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Why would that be a turn of events? The Giants have a 7-17 record under Shurmur. Before that he was 9-23 in Cleveland. 

He should have been on the hot seat for a long time. His QB has been a turnover machine and the generational RB they drafted instead of Darnold has been average so far this year. 

Shurmur is Bowles 2.0

I’m surprised he’s survived this long he is horrible

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Giants job will be the #1 juiciest job opening after the season if/when they dump Shurmur. That’ll be a job someone like Harbaugh or Sean Payton or even Belichick makes a move for.

While we won’t even get any interest from anyone if we fire Gase. They’ll always be the main team and the much better job. So much more prestigious than the Jets

• Upvote 1

Mara has turned into Christopher Johnson post SB XLVI, he worries too much about fans and the media.  The Giants don't have a construction team right now but they are developing a young QB and that's what this season is about.  Jones has demonstrated he can be a good NFL QB, he needs to clean up the TOs but there's nothing but positives with him and that makes this Giants season a success.  

The 2 teams to me looked very similar yesterday.  It appears we both have young QBs to build around, now it's up to the GM's and their staffs to build the OLs and bring those QBs more weapons.  

• Upvote 1

Well, wouldn't you be really, REALLY p*ssed if your team just lost to the f*cking Jets? Fans inside Jets nation may not realize, but this team is the punch line to EVERY sarcastic joke. Their futility has now become legendary. Maybe even to the point where they've surpassed the very worst teams in league history?

So if you're Mara, how do you feel knowing your team just lost to the JETS of all teams?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is probably true.

Enjoy the win man Sam played well, Jamal made a huge play, Dline shut down the best back in the league,Gase called a good game and we beat the giants. This is the first time the forums been tolerable after a game for about a month! I want Chase Young or Thomas as much as anyone else but I’ll never be mad if we catch a W while the youngsters of the team are making all the plays! 

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Mara has turned into Christopher Johnson post SB XLVI, he worries too much about fans and the media.  The Giants don't have a construction team right now but they are developing a young QB and that's what this season is about.  Jones has demonstrated he can be a good NFL QB, he needs to clean up the TOs but there's nothing but positives with him and that makes this Giants season a success.  

The 2 teams to me looked very similar yesterday.  It appears we both have young QBs to build around, now it's up to the GM's and their staffs to build the OLs and bring those QBs more weapons.  

Good point

The giants and jets are currently very similar.  Incompetent ownership, bad head coaches and GMs, talented young QBs making mistakes, lousy rosters

The thing is the media still likes to pretend like the giants are this ideal organization 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Enjoy the win man Sam played well, Jamal made a huge play, Dline shut down the best back in the league,Gase called a good game and we beat the giants. This is the first time the forums been tolerable after a game for about a month! I want Chase Young or Thomas as much as anyone else but I’ll never be mad if we catch a W while the youngsters of the team are making all the plays! 

This isn’t the nba draft where you have to get a top 3 pick or you might as well not even draft

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Ask him if he will give us two numbers one for Jamal while it’s still fresh! 
That would be a terrible trade for us Jamal was basically Troy P today ...tone setting game changer ... He is the foundation boys .. get used it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Yep, agreed.  As much as I want a high draft pick (so we can trade down and fill in a lot of holes), the most important thing is Sam's development.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

That would be a terrible trade for us Jamal was basically Troy P today ...tone setting game changer ... He is the foundation boys .. get used it.

We need an offensive line more than we need to beat a two win team with a rookie QB and 3 starting linemen out. It’s not a knock on Jamal, he was awesome today but that doesn’t change the needs of this team. It’s a shame, but when you draft this bad historically you have to break it down in order to build it up. It’s has to start with the O line. 

• Upvote 1

We need an offensive line more than we need to beat a two win team with a rookie QB and 3 starting linemen out. It’s not a knock on Jamal, he was awesome today but that doesn’t change the needs of this team. It’s a shame, but when you draft this bad historically you have to break it down in order to build it up. It’s has to start with the O line. 

You can have both bra .. look at the Pats and as I alluded to in my post the Former Steelers.

We need both.

In my past posts I've stated ... This spring. ... Draft QB with our top 5 pick ... Then all OL ... It definitely all starts up front.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

You can have both bra .. look at the Pats and as I alluded to in my post the Former Steelers.

We need both.

Both would be nice but by the time that happens we will have to make Jamal the highest paid safety of all time.  Not sure that’s in the best interest of the team going forward. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Well, wouldn't you be really, REALLY p*ssed if your team just lost to the f*cking Jets? Fans inside Jets nation may not realize, but this team is the punch line to EVERY sarcastic joke. Their futility has now become legendary. Maybe even to the point where they've surpassed the very worst teams in league history?

So if you're Mara, how do you feel knowing your team just lost to the JETS of all teams?

He should call the owners of the Colts and the Saints today.  He'll feel better.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Both would be nice but by the time that happens we will have to make Jamal the highest paid safety of all time.  Not sure that’s in the best interest of the team going forward. 

I’d be fine with attempting to trade Jamal pre-Draft in April but if the Jets get low-balled then hang onto him and take calls again at the trade deadline in October 2020.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

This isn’t the nba draft where you have to get a top 3 pick or you might as well not even draft

I would absolutely rather have two picks in the 20’s rather than the #3.

There are AT LEAST 90 players in the Draft who find starting spots on the Jets. We need to load up heavily in Rounds 1-3.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I would absolutely rather have two picks in the 20’s rather than the #3.

There are AT LEAST 90 players in the Draft who find starting spots on the Jets. We need to load up heavily in Rounds 1-3.

Except they are all in rounds 3-7.  We cannot find them in the 1st two rounds.  Well except for Jamal.

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

It’s more than that

The Maras despise Woody for wearing a baseball jets hat to Wellington’s funeral

Honestly can you blame them?  Woody is a self unaware borderline retard

Did this happen? I hate that I even have to have to ask....

• Upvote 1

The Giants will be willing to admit a mistake, even if it's on top of a previous coaching mistake, and move on from Shurmur after this season and not give him another 1 or 2 years to figure it out.  That's the way it should be.  No mulligans for coaches.  This notion that an organization needs stability in the coaching staff and front office is true, but what's the point in giving a garbage coach extra years to try to prove to you that he's not garbage? This has been the Jets pattern for years and we see how that's worked out. 

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

If only he would play like this regularly instead of once or twice per season.  If only.....    

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That the hottest NFL HC seat in NY switched from Gase to Shurmur. I get what you’re saying btw but all the talk heading into this week was about Gase getting fired 

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I agree, they looked VERY similar.

1) Young QBs who show promise but turn the ball over too much

2) Stud RBs who are ineffective because of a terrible OL but the team feels obligated to feed them anyway.

3) Terrible o-lines that cannot win one on one match-ups and can't recognize blitzes.

We were basically just a lightly better version of them yesterday, but the teams were very similar.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, nycdan said:

That call on the Giants' false start that the refs reversed to a defensive off-sides was pretty damned helpful to the Giants.  I guess in the end, the check wasn't big enough.

Don't forget Daniel Jones was given a 43 second play clock as well.

• Upvote 1