How did Gase win this game?

Jetster

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Umm no you havent. Get back to me in a few weeks. The fact that he can be even average with our OL and "skill" players is a testament to the extreme skill Darnold has. I am dumbfounded that you and the others just dont see his abilities.. 

The next few weeks should look just like today. Meaningless games between the Jets and fellow bottom feeders. Nothing Darnold or anyone else does against them or they do against us will mean much. Our season and those team's are over.

Daniel Jones had an OL just as bad as ours today. He was missing his top 2 receivers, and throwing to a 34 WR a 5th round rookie, and some guy named Lattimer. He threw 4 TD passes w/o a int for the second time in 3 weeks.

I am dumbfounded you don't see his abilities. 

37 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

One win over a 2-8 team and the offseason jetster is back.

It didn't take much, did it? LOL

I don’t think we’re good at all, in fact we stink. Terrible Oline limits what you can do on offense. I just think calling for the coach to be fired under the circumstances is stupid! Belichick went 5-11 with Drew Bledsoe. Then he drafted Robo QB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I don’t think we’re good at all, in fact we stink. Terrible Oline limits what you can do on offense. I just think calling for the coach to be fired under the circumstances is stupid! Belichick went 5-11 with Drew Bledsoe. Then he drafted Robo QB. 

I agree with you, @SAR I and @T0mShane about not firing the coach. It would be stupid to not give him and Douglas a chance to draft their own players and turn this around. However I'm not happy at all with what I've seen so far.

We're not going to convince the people who'd fire a coach after 8 games though, so I don't see the point of riling them up after a meaningless win.

• Upvote 2

The next few weeks should look just like today. Meaningless games between the Jets and fellow bottom feeders. Nothing Darnold or anyone else does against them or they do against us will mean much. Our season and those team's are over.
Daniel Jones had an OL just as bad as ours today. He was missing his top 2 receivers, and throwing to a 34 WR a 5th round rookie, and some guy named Lattimer. He threw 4 TD passes w/o a int for the second time in 3 weeks.
I am dumbfounded you don't see his abilities. 

And he LOST.

(And looked like a little bitch when he handed off to Jamal for 6!)
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Bless Austin is a first round talent that only dropped to the 6th round because of his knees. The guy played like vintage Cromartie out there. 

Winters hurts the team more by playing. He's awful and was only average at best in his 20s and is awful now approaching his 30s. 

Macc got fired for not addressing the O-line throughout his tenure. You can forgive some mistakes but that was the one that sealed his fate. 

If he wanted to save his job he would have traded Leo after drafting Q and got some picks to build the O-line but NOPE. 

No wonder why him and Gase couldn't be in the same room together after the draft.

You're not wrong.

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah Ok. Wake me when that happens.

Check the game thread, and then the "are we ruining Sam Darnold" one.  Not only did I predicy the 34-27 final score right on the head, but I also said Darnold would have a good game today against one of if not the worst defenses in the NFL.

He had a good first quarter, and was serviceable after that. The best thing was he didn't turn the ball over. If you're pleased with the fact that he didn't look any better then the rookie QB you've trashed since he was drafted, and who only started his 7th game today, good for you.

You've been bragging on Darnold for two years now, I'd think you'd be disappointed that's the best we can say about him. Face it, I've been a lot more right about him then you have. I wish that wasn't the case, but it is.

Sorry dude - you just don't know football.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

When Beachum was out Winters was our best Olineman left but you guys want to blame Gase when Macc should have been burned at the stake instead of being fired.

This OLine performed better last year with basically the same personnel.  They weren't good but they also weren't pop warner bad either. What exactly has Gase done right this year?  Kalil and Winters should have been replaced a long time ago yet the only reason they weren't playing is because of injuries. The guru's offense is last in practically every offensive category. His play calling is unimaginative, he makes zero adjustments to what other teams are doing, his team is unprepared in nearly every one of their games. I'm not going to give him a pass because they beat a nearly as bad Giants team with a ton of injuries as well. GASE SUCKS!!

59 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I agree with you, @SAR I and @T0mShane about not firing the coach. It would be stupid to not give him and Douglas a chance to draft their own players and turn this around. However I'm not happy at all with what I've seen so far.

What's encouraging to me is:

Dallas - Big win, proved that Gase could hold the team together and get them to play hard against big odds and just getting their ill quarterback back after a month of misery.

Giants - Same type of thing, didn't let the nonsense about his firing get to him, the players rallied to support him, Darnold just put his stamp of approval on him in a big way.

Fight - That team we saw today didn't look like they were mailing it in, quite the opposite.

Creativity - Hard for Gase to do without Enunwa, Herndon, Anderson, and Bell creating matchup nightmares as originally intended, but now that the OL is getting some of the wounded back you can see some changeups.  Going for it on 4th down, fleaflicker, abandoning the run when it was clear it wasn't working.  Not innovative, but creative.  I'll take it.

Darnold - Today he progressed after weeks of regress.  Again, the OL helps everyone.  And that's what our Offensive issues have been really.  Lousy OL play in too many games due to too many injuries or a C who should have stayed retired.

SAR I

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Baically?

Ok...compare last seasons OL  ti this years...lay it out for us.

The quality of the personel isn't significantly different than it was last year. The one hope was that Kalil would be an upgrade which he hasn't been. Then last year we had the horrible Spencer Long. It's basically been been garbage in and garbage out but the OL performed better last year. What exactly has Gase done to make this team better? Just name 1 thing. Has anybody progressed? Has anybody actually performed well? He's been a total failure. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Better than 1-8. Come on man. Take your crap somewhere else. It’s getting real friggin old.

Nah. I like it here, lol.

You don’t get to tell people when to leave, and I’m staying, so here’s an idea. Maybe you should go somewhere else instead?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah Ok. Wake me when that happens.

Check the game thread, and then the "are we ruining Sam Darnold" one.  Not only did I predicy the 34-27 final score right on the head, but I also said Darnold would have a good game today against one of if not the worst defenses in the NFL.

He had a good first quarter, and was serviceable after that. The best thing was he didn't turn the ball over. If you're pleased with the fact that he didn't look any better then the rookie QB you've trashed since he was drafted, and who only started his 7th game today, good for you.

You've been bragging on Darnold for two years now, I'd think you'd be disappointed that's the best we can say about him. Face it, I've been a lot more right about him then you have. I wish that wasn't the case, but it is.

He. Has. No. Oline. Stop. It.

10 hours ago, Jetster said:

Both starting CBs out. 5 inside LBs out. Winters got hurt creating another change on the Oline. We traded Leo. While you guys want him fired I'm thinking we should give him an extension.

Oh, are we still drafting another QB? Asking for a friend. 

Will the Giants fire Shurmer for losing to the Jets? 

A few more wins & we may be in a perfect spot for a best offensive player available draft slot. 

he was able to overcome the loss of jason meyers.  who is 12-17 fgs. 2-5 from 40-49, 1-3 from 50+

12 hours ago, Jetster said:

Both starting CBs out. 5 inside LBs out. Winters got hurt creating another change on the Oline. We traded Leo. While you guys want him fired I'm thinking we should give him an extension.

A few more wins & we may be in a perfect spot for a best offensive player available draft slot. 

Giants are second worst team in nfl. Very hard to lose to giants.. Douglas is going to draft Oline, with 2 of our top 3 picks for next 4 years.. 

11 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Some coaches can actually coach up an OL, and make the sum a little better then the parts also, can't they?

This OL is a bad hill to die on when it comes to Gase. He brought in his father in law to coach it, and it's the group he and Douglas have had the most input on with this team. Yet they are worse then they were last year.

His father in law coaches the olb’s.  Frank Pollack is the oline coach. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jetster said:

We need a coach to call perfect games & a QB that doesn’t throw incompletions EVER. Then we’ll be very good, unstoppable really. 

no that is what Gase needs to win......lets ignore the other games this yr when the team look bad historically bad or gase's record in Miami. Gase has issues adapting his system to the players lost the locker room in Miami and has a losing a record. I tell you what when he actually has a wining record you may have a leg to satnd on. I have said this before and will say it again no one expected us to win some of those games earlier in the yr but when you look that bad and that disconnected there is no excuse other then the coaches are not doing their jobs on the offense

14 hours ago, Jetster said:

in all fairness the jets played a team that was also pretty banged up.  that doesn't take too much away from the jets win because they made some really good plays down the stretch to seal the win.  to me the only frustrating part was not being able to get that key first down at the end and putting the defense on the field.  the giants were doing some pretty good things in their passing game.  if not for adams taking the ball from danny dimes, they might've lost.

14 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Calm down here.

It was one win against a team as bad as ours. 

Our QB didn't do anything special out there today, he played the type of game any average to below average starter pulls off all the time, and the HC didn't break any new ground out there did he?

You did see "Our QB" having to complete some passes on his way down correct?