So the Jets would be winless without Jamal Adams. He's won both games for us.

jetstream23

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Hopefully he ties some more of these together, Jerry is watching with regret, and we bend his ass over a barrel come March.

The dude is a good player, but I’d still trade him in a heartbeat for a 1st and 3rd.

The Darnold doubters will be kicking themselves in the ass once we give this kid an OL and a legit WR besides Crowder.

EXACTLY.

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yep. Being a good player isn't an assessment that exists in a vacuum. It's him vs the alternative. If the only alternative is a meh safety, well then duh it's better to have Adams. His cost - and hopefully his trade value - is more than just that of a meh safety.

In other words, his presence is being compared solely to a lesser safety, rather than a lesser safety plus the high pick(s) he'd return. Never mind the ultra-high pick he cost in the first place, or the superior QBs who were sitting there when Adams was taken by the QB-desperate Jets. Choosing positions in this backwards order has led to the utter waste of all of the first 3 seasons in Adams' career (and counting).  

Teams with over a dozen needs do not start a rebuild by using prime draft resources on a single safety, whether that's the original pick used for him, or the picks we're turning away if we choose to keep him instead. That's if someone antes up that much for him in the first place, of course. 

Well said.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

You aren’t getting a Khalil Mack package for Adams.

This is just goofy.

Elite edgerusher >>>>> Very good safety 

The only positions less valued are kicker, punter and fullback.

Fact

Then he stays put and joe d extends.  That works too.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

Then he stays put and joe d extends.  That works too.

For roughly $14-15 million a year?

No, sorry. 

That would seriously put a damper on my faith in Douglas.

For a team that is a player or two away like Dallas, Baltimore or San Fran? It may be worth it.

For the Jets in their current state? No. Sh*t no.

He also just got pissed on by Gardner Minshew and Ryan Fitzpatrick in back to back weeks prior to today.

And as I’ve said before, Adams is just the kind of goof who will hold out this offseason with another year plus the 5th year option left on his current deal. F*cking guy just put himself in the same class as Tom Brady and Aaron Donald less than two weeks ago.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

No, sorry. 

For a team that is a player or two away like Dallas, Baltimore or San Fran? It may be worth it.

He also just got pissed on by Gardner Minshew and Ryan Fitzpatrick in back to back weeks prior to today.

And as I’ve said before, Adams is just the kind of goof who will hold out this offseason with another year plus the 5th year option left on his current deal. F*cking guy just put himself in the same class as Tom Brady and Aaron Donald less than two weeks ago.

If I remember correctly, Jamal Adams is under contract for next year, 2020, the following year under a team option, 2021, and then could be franchised at the average price of the top 5 Safeties which is something like $10-11M....not $14M.  The Jets have total control over him for the next several years. If they don’t like an offer they get before the draft this year then keep him into 2020 and entertain phone calls again at the trade deadline.  That would be my approach at least. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

No, sorry. 

Then prepare for the damper.

Douglas has made it crystal clear in words and actions what he thinks about Jamal and it doesn't align with the fringe element on this site.  If Dallas or anyone else wants to pony up a 1st and two seconds it becomes a conversation.  If they want to pony up a late first and a 3rd they can F themselves.  It's really that simple.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

If I remember correctly, Jamal Adams is under contract for next year, 2020, the following year under a team option, 2021, and then could be franchised at the average price of the top 5-6 Safeties which is something like $10-11M....not $14M.  The Jets have total control over him for the next several years. If they don’t like an offer they get before the draft this year then keep him into 2020 and entertain phone calls again at the trade deadline.  That would be my approach at least. 

For a player without an ego the size of Gibraltar? Maybe.

For Jamal Adams? LOL

The guy is a good player, but I could absolutely see him making a massive stink if the Jets don’t pay him big bucks very, very soon.

Hell, he already was very recently.

And after the Redskins paid Landon Collins $14 million a year, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if this goofball looks to completely reset the safety market and asks for something outrageous beyond the $15 mill per that is pretty much guaranteed as the starting point.

Again, this guy considers himself in the same league as dudes like Brady and Aaron Donald.

And the Jamal Adams of this afternoon isn’t the Jamal Adams that you’re consistently getting.

I still say move him for picks and support the most talented QB we’ve had in the last half century.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Let's reverse this exercise:  The Jets are 11-30 with Jamal Adams.  What would our record be with Deshaun Watson and a league average SS in Jamal's place?

F**k Mike Maccagnan.  

and what would Darnolds record be with Hopkins, Fuller, and that O-line?  Probably just as good as Watsons if not better.. 

Watsons 20-11 and 0-1 in the playoffs is not as incredible as you all try and make us believe it is.

Sanchez was 19-12 and 4-2 in the playoffs at the same point in his career.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

For a player without an ego the size of Gibraltar? Maybe.

For Jamal Adams? LOL

The guy is a good player, but I could absolutely see him making a massive stink if the Jets don’t pay him big bucks very, very soon.

Hell, he already was very recently.

And after the Redskins paid Landon Collins $14 million a year, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if this goofball looks to completely reset the safety market and asks for something outrageous beyond the $15 mill per that is pretty much guaranteed as the starting point.

Again, this guy considers himself in the same league as dudes like Brady and Aaron Donald.

And the Jamal Adams of this afternoon isn’t the Jamal Adams that you’re consistently getting.

I still say move him for picks and support the most talented QB we’ve had in the last half century.

We’ve got people here, even after today, comparing Darnold to guys like Sanchez and Geno Smith in terms of some advanced metrics and statistics.  Nobody can agree on anything around here. 

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

and what would Darnolds record be with Hopkins, Fuller, and that O-line?  Probably just as good as Watsons if not better.. 

Watsons 20-11 and 0-1 in the playoffs is not as incredible as you all try and make us believe it is.

Sanchez was 19-12 and 4-2 in the playoffs at the same point in his career.

It's pretty simple.  What would the Jets record be with Deshaun Watson and an average SS?  

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Hopefully he ties some more of these together, Jerry is watching with regret, and we bend his ass over a barrel come March.

The dude is a good player, but I’d still trade him in a heartbeat for a 1st and 3rd.

The Darnold doubters will be kicking themselves in the ass once we give this kid an OL and a legit WR besides Crowder. Trading Adams and acquiring more resources is the best way to make that happen.

yes sir bend Jerry