So the Jets would be winless without Jamal Adams. He's won both games for us.

jetstream23

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Me?  well if he had mono and everything else was equal in terms of injuries I'd say they'd be 1-8.

Jamal wouldn't have been here to win todays game.

So you're going with a Deshaun Watson-led 2019 Jets team would be 1-8.  

You do realize Mike Maccagnan would likely still be the GM, right?  Quite the conundrum you've created.  

1 minute ago, Pac said:

If he had mono and the injury situation was exactly the same then yes. 

1-8.

final answer.

He wouldn't have mono, because he's a good kid who builds houses for people and stuff.  And he's 24, outside of the "normal" age of someone who gets mono.  

Plus, it's not like he could get mono any less easy in NYC as he could in Houston.  If he could get mono he would have gotten it already, no?

I believe I also asked what his OVERALL record would be since 2017.  Nice dodge.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

He wouldn't have mono, because he's a good kid who builds houses for people and stuff.  And he's 24, outside of the "normal" age of someone who gets mono.  

oh.. 

hmm...

so in this fantasy do Jets have Hopkins?

Here’s a game for people to play if they want to trade for picks:

1) Name what you want for him.
2) Name the picks that the JETS (not other teams...the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS) made who you would rather have!

A first and a third...hmmm...Coples and Mauldin anyone?

When you finally get a good pick after so many busts...keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

52 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We’ve got people here, even after today, comparing Darnold to guys like Sanchez and Geno Smith in terms of some advanced metrics and statistics.  Nobody can agree on anything around here. 

Because people are stupid

Just using the good old fashioned eyeball test, you can see that Darnold is capable of things that guys like Sanchez and Geno were never remotely capable of doing.

This is why I hate these silly analytics gurus like PFF. The same dicks who 5-6 years ago had Ben Hartsock ranked as a Top 3 TE in the league despite not catching a single pass the entire season. Don’t care how good of an in-line blocker you are at the position, that’s just dumb.

I don’t think anyone would claim that Jamal Adams is a sh*t player who is a flat out bust. He’s a very good player who just so happens to play one of the least important positions in the sport. 

It’s my personal belief that if the guy wasn’t such a self promoter constantly flapping his gums at every turn, he would be considered just that...a very good player at a position that you don’t need very good or “elite” players at to be successful as an organization. We just witnessed him give up two TD’s in the last two weeks prior to today’s game. Against a career backup at QB and a rookie 6th round pick to boot.

He’s not Ronnie Lott. He’s not Troy Polamalu. He’s not Ed Reed.

He’s a very good player who on average will give you maybe two of these types of games per season.

That’s not worth the longterm, big money investment to me.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Just using the good old fashioned eyeball test, you can see that Darnold is capable of things that guys like Sanchez and Geno were never remotely capable of doing.

This is why I hate these silly analytics gurus like PFF. The same dicks who 5-6 years ago had Ben Hartsock ranked as a Top 3 TE in the league despite not catching a single pass the entire season. Don’t care how good of an in-line blocker you are at the position, that’s just dumb.

I don’t think anyone would claim that Jamal Adams is a sh*t player who is a flat out bust. He’s a very good player who just so happens to play one of the least important positions in the sport. 

It’s my personal belief that if the guy wasn’t such a self promoter constantly flapping him gums at every turn, he would be considered just that...a very good player at a position that you don’t need very good or “elite” players at to be successful as an organization. We just witnessed him give up two TD’s in the last two weeks prior to today’s game. Against a career backup at QB and a rookie 6th round pick to boot.

He’s a very good player who on average will give you maybe two of these types of games per season.

PFF never takes into account positional importance.  That's probably the biggest flaw in their methodology.  

And as has been pointed out a few times, per PFF, Kerry Rhodes had 2 seasons that graded out better than Jamal's 2017 and 2018 seasons.  If PFF is going to be the go-to for evaluating Jamal's play, those people at least need to recognize that it doesn't seem to be all that hard for a Strong Safety to get a high grade.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

PFF never takes into account positional importance.  That's probably the biggest flaw in their methodology.  

And as has been pointed out a few times, per PFF, Kerry Rhodes had 2 seasons that graded out better than Jamal's 2017 and 2018 seasons.  If PFF is going to be the go-to for evaluating Jamal's play, those people at least need to recognize that it doesn't seem to be all that hard for a Strong Safety to get a high grade.  

My Personal Fart Fumes (PFF) Grades are much higher than Adams and Rhodes combined. Truth. Whats your point??

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Let's reverse this exercise:  The Jets are 11-30 with Jamal Adams.  What would our record be with Deshaun Watson and a league average SS in Jamal's place?

F**k Mike Maccagnan.  

So if we had a better QB then Darnold our record would probably be better right?

I'm fine with trading Adams if we get blown away with an offer before the draft. He burned his bridge with me the day of the trade deadline. It's not fair to blame him for the 11-30 record though.

If we go by your reasoning, we need to move on from Darnold and find a QB who's better then 6-19.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

So if we had a better QB then Darnold our record would probably be better right?

I'm fine with trading Adams if we get blown away with an offer before the draft. He burned his bridge with me the day of the trade deadline. It's not fair to blame him for the 11-30 record though.

If we go by your reasoning, we need to move on from Darnold and find a QB who's better then 6-19.

Watson > Darnold, yes.  And while Adams isn't "to blame" for the 11-30 record, he certainly hasn't been part of the solution of turning that around, nor would making him the centerpiece of the defense with an expensive extension be the proper move. 

Those who want to "credit" Adams with 2 wins this season are ignoring the games where he has cost us in a big way.  When he freelances at the LOS and DOESN'T make big plays, it puts added pressure on our already bad secondary.  

I'm not ready to move on from Darnold just yet, but we need to hedge our bets and use a mid round pick on a QB next draft.  

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Then prepare for the damper.

Douglas has made it crystal clear in words and actions what he thinks about Jamal and it doesn't align with the fringe element on this site.  If Dallas or anyone else wants to pony up a 1st and two seconds it becomes a conversation.  If they want to pony up a late first and a 3rd they can F themselves.  It's really that simple.

Did someone say a late 1st and 3rd?

im listening ? I

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

It’s my personal belief that if the guy wasn’t such a self promoter constantly flapping his gums at every turn, he would be considered just that...a very good player at a position that you don’t need very good or “elite” players at to be successful as an organization. We just witnessed him give up two TD’s in the last two weeks prior to today’s game. Against a career backup at QB and a rookie 6th round pick to boot.

He’s not one of the three greatest safeties to ever play the game. Just so everyone understands 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Plus, it's not like he could get mono any less easy in NYC as he could in Houston.  If he could get mono he would have gotten it already, no?

I believe I also asked what his OVERALL record would be since 2017.  Nice dodge.  

You know why he didn't get mono? Because he was part of the 99% of the adult population that had already been infected and was already immune. The amount of pretend doctors that have appeared on this board is amazing to me. 

30 minutes ago, HessStation said:

He’s not the three greatest safeties to ever play the game. Just so everyone understands 

He’s also not Jack Tatum, Cliff Branch, Deron Cherry, Rod/Charles/Darren Woodson, Earl Thomas, etc.

Hell, going by his current contemporaries, he doesn’t have the consistent impact of a Derwin James, Devin McCourty or a Harrison Smith either.

Again, very good player...sure as sh*t not worth $15+ million a year for a team in complete transition such as this one. Neither was Landon Collins for the Redskins. And dollars to donuts says they’d love to get out of that silly ass contract right about now.

I don’t understand what is so hard for so many to comprehend about this.

Trade him to the highest bidder, fix the sh*t OL and WR corps that we’ve collectively been complaining about for eons it seems and help our talented young QB (and $14 million a year RB) in the process.

Seems perfectly logical to me

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Untouchable said:

He’s also not Jack Tatum, Cliff Branch, Deron Cherry, Rod/Charles/Darren Woodson, Earl Thomas, etc.

Hell, going by his current contemporaries, he doesn’t have the consistent impact of a Derwin James, Devin McCourty or a Harrison Smith either.

Again, very good player...sure as sh*t not worth $15+ million a year for a team in complete transition such as this one. Neither was Landon Collins for the Redskins. And dollars to donuts says they’d love to get out of that silly ass contract right about now.

I don’t understand what is so hard for so many to comprehend about this.

Trade him to the highest bidder, fix the sh*t OL and WR corps that we’ve collectively been complaining about for eons it seems and help our talented young QB (and $14 million a year RB) in the process.

Seems perfectly logical to me

He’s probably the best Strong Safety in the NFL. But let’s keep sh*tting on what or who he’s not. 
I agreed if it’s a 1 and 3 I’d trade him too based on too many other needs but it’s not like he’s a liability on the field.

13 hours ago, greengeek said:

Here’s a game for people to play if they want to trade for picks:

1) Name what you want for him.
2) Name the picks that the JETS (not other teams...the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS) made who you would rather have!

A first and a third...hmmm...Coples and Mauldin anyone?

When you finally get a good pick after so many busts...keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You're right.  Draft picks are stupid.  Totally stay away from those.  

• Upvote 1