So the Jets would be winless without Jamal Adams. He's won both games for us.

jetstream23

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, then we'll get several more years of "Jamal can't stop opposing defenses on his own" and "We still need 2 new OL and another WR" posts.  

So youre saying that NFL teams cant have a top S on a solid roster.  Cant fill in the problems spots on the OL, get a WR and keep Adams, agreeing with posts that make no sense? 

Wow do the Adams boys show up after he makes a few plays. Where were they when he sucks or sucked or had bad plays. You guys glorify this big mouth strong safety. Omg where would be be with these two wins. Good riddance, his record with the jets is horrible. The jets suckedwith him. I can see the jets doing better without him next year and his swag and bravado. His bravado andswag has never helped jets beat the pats. Great players make others around them better. He glorifies himself too much.

• Thumb Down 1

15 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Hopefully he ties some more of these together, Jerry is watching with regret, and we bend his ass over a barrel come March.

The dude is a good player, but I’d still trade him in a heartbeat for a 1st and 3rd.

The Darnold doubters will be kicking themselves in the ass once we give this kid an OL and a legit WR besides Crowder. Trading Adams and acquiring more resources is the best way to make that happen.

i think whether or not adams should be traded depends on the time horizon the jets think they need to be a really good team and the deal they can get for him.  obviously if they get a boatload of picks they need to act.  and if they don't think they'll be a really good team in 2 seasons they should also trade him.  but he has proven he deserves to be captain on the team and keeping him is not such a bad thing.  impact players are hard to find even if they are safeties.

It is so typical SOJF stupidity to advocate trading him. If you trade him right now,  you are trading Ronnie Lott in the prime of his career. Yet, there's so many armchair QB's wanting it to happen? I wonder what what all the "know-it-alls" would have to say if Douglas actually did trade him and we ended up with two MIKE MACCAGNAN players in the draft as a result? It probably still wouldn't be their faults for suggesting such a dumb move? Evrn though everyone would know better. 

28 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Unfortunately this team is so bereft of talent along premium positions like the OL, Edge and CB, hes a luxury we cant afford to keep. JA is not resigning here regardless. We still need to fleece the Cowgirls in March.

Who told you hes not signing?  Where do you guys come up with these theories? 

34 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

Wow do the Adams boys show up after he makes a few plays. Where were they when he sucks or sucked or had bad plays. You guys glorify this big mouth strong safety. Omg where would be be with these two wins. Good riddance, his record with the jets is horrible. The jets suckedwith him. I can see the jets doing better without him next year and his swag and bravado. His bravado andswag has never helped jets beat the pats. Great players make others around them better. He glorifies himself too much.

Adams boys?

Hes our best player but the team sucks therefore he needs to go and the Jets will be better without him because he has swag and bravado?

Throw in a couple of cliches like great players make others around him better.  LOL, we're rolling now.

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Absolutely...totally worth NOT drafting Mahommes or Warson and giving up 3 seconds to fix that fukk up.

Good player BUT the fans on this site anointing him the next Revis is a bit over the top.

Has nothing to do with Mahomes or Watson.

At all, that boat sailed.  You dont trash good players because after the fact you discovered players you didnt take.  Has nothing to do with what he is.

One day but hurt Jets fans will understand this

I wanted Watson, said it over and over that he was a winner, others hated him.  Lack of arm strength, not accurate, 17 INTs on a strong team. Injury prone, going to get killed in the NFL.  Heard it all.  Today?  What were we thinking not drafting him.  

12 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

It is so typical SOJF stupidity to advocate trading him.

Actually, its SOJF stupidity to suggest he's off the table completely for trades.  

A man approached another man and asked "Hello, how much would I have to pay you to lick the bottom of my shoe?"

"That's disgusting!  I would not do that!"

"How about for a million dollars?"

"Well, sure, I'd do it for a million dollars."

"How about for $1?"

"No, that's disgusting.  I would NEVER do that!"

"Sir, I believe we have determined that you WOULD do that.  We're just haggling over the price."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Has nothing to do with Mahomes or Watson.

At all, that boat sailed.  You dont trash good players because after the fact you discovered players you didnt take.  Has nothing to do with what he is.

One day but hurt Jets fans will understand this

I wanted Watson, said it over and over that he was a winner, others hated him.  Lack of arm strength, not accurate, 17 INTs on a strong team. Injury prone, going to get killed in the NFL.  Heard it all.  Today?  What were we thinking not drafting him.  

You and I won't agree here. We carted out Fitz, McCown , drafted Hack?  MAC was an absolute disaster.  A GM MUST take a flyer on a QB when you have none.   Without a QB, you are no where.  I like Jamal a ton. But there is NO safety in the world worth passing on a QB when you are playing a 38 year old journeyman 4 years in a row. 

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

You and I won't agree here. We carted out Fitz, McCown , drafted Hack?  MAC was an absolute disaster.  A GM MUST take a flyer on a QB when you have none.   Without a QB, you are no where.  I like Jamal a ton. But there is NO safety in the world worth passing on a QB when you are playing a 38 year old journeyman 4 years in a row. 

We didnt take the QB.  I wanted Watson.  In no way does Watson going out and playing well change what Adams is.  Thats the problem, too many Jets fans are butt hurt that we didnt take the QB and waste too much time explaining how a QB is worth more that a S.  I think we all get that.  Doesnt make him less of a player and someone we should complain about as if he were a bust on top of not being a QB

Theres nothing to agree on.

If you hated the pick of Adams at 6.  Even if you wanted Watson/Mahomes.  If you don't like his social media presence, or his comments in the media. If you are hoping he will be traded for a 1+ in the offseason.  It is still okay to acknowledge that the guy was great yesterday.  That type of game is what you expect out of a 6 overall pick.  Two strip sacks, 1 returned for TD, great stop on 4th and 1 as he jumped over the OL to get to Barkley.  The guy was all over the field making plays -- hopefully we see more of that the rest of the way.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

If you hated the pick of Adams at 6.  Even if you wanted Watson/Mahomes.  If you don't like his social media presence, or his comments in the media. If you are hoping he will be traded for a 1+ in the offseason.  It is still okay to acknowledge that the guy was great yesterday.  That type of game is what you expect out of a 6 overall pick.  Two strip sacks, 1 returned for TD, great stop on 4th and 1 as he jumped over the OL to get to Barkley.  The guy was all over the field making plays -- hopefully we see more of that the rest of the way.

Great!!! and he is destined to go down with the names of Revis, Mangold, Brick, Harris, Klecko etc. All great Jets that played on a team that didn't value the QB position.

• WTF? 1

22 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Great!!! and he is destined to go down with the names of Revis, Mangold, Brick, Harris, Klecko etc. All great Jets that played on a team that didn't value the QB position.

He was drafted 3 years ago.  We could have taken a QB and didn't.  Its not Jamal's fault he was selected ahead of the 2 QBs. The GM who made that choice is gone.  He was great yesterday.  Even if you are in favor of trading him in offseason, his value will increase if he takes over more games defensively like he did yesterday.  A player on our team played a great game yesterday and helped us win.  Its ok to acknowledge that.

35 minutes ago, Lith said:

Exactly and fans keep forgetting he didn't make the pick for himself at #6 the NY Jets organization did cant see how anyone can hate Jamal Adams the player, kid shows up every Sunday. 

36 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

You’re skipping over the part where we drafted and have a QB

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And didn’t look at his backtrack, they’ve talked and all is good

JD- "Jamal if you wanna play for another team next year you need to play nice in front of the media. Also we would love to get a good return for you and if you keep running your big selfish mouth we are going to get lowballed left and right... At that point we'll just keep you here for the rebuild."

Adams- "Ite fam apology accepted."

1 minute ago, Ohhthepain said:

JD- Jamal if you wanna play for another team next year you need to play nice in front of the media. Also we would love to get a good return for you and if you keep running your big selfish mouth we are going to get lowballed left and right,... At that point we'll just keep you here for the rebuild.

Adams- Ite fam apology accepted.

I live in a fantasy world sometimes too

You're right.  Draft picks are stupid.  Totally stay away from those.  

Not stupid, but a gamble. You have to ask risk vs reward in every choice. So many fans only see reward possibilities. Getting rid of excellent players like JA fails the simple risk/reward test that you chose to not even try.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, greengeek said:

Not stupid, but a gamble. You have to ask risk vs reward in every choice. So many fans only see reward possibilities. Getting rid of excellent players like JA fails the simple risk/reward test that you chose to not even try.

Well, we know our defense sucks with Jamal Adams.  We also know we need 5 new starting Offensive Linemen next year.  I'll take the risk.  

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Interesting.

Discuss.

the again, I don't think Miami would have beaten the Jets the week before were it not for Adams playing like crap that afternoon. Adams pretty much gave them their early scores.  So maybe we wouldn't have won the 2 we did, but we might have won one (or more) that we didn't.

Adams will have good days and bad days.  And I hope I never see another Jets GM draft a non-vital position again with a top 10 pick.  

• Thumb Down 1

Bottom Line:  If you're going to credit Jamal for the wins over Dallas and the Giants, you also have to give him the blame for the loss against the Dolphins, and at least partial blame for the Jaguars loss.  He was absolutely awful in both of those games and gave up big plays that directly led to the team's defeat.  

You don't get to just eat your cake and have it too.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I think part of it is just message board theatrics and people having fun with it.

The homers are going to defend Jamal.

The haters are never going to give him credit for anything.

Most sensible people "get it" and are just playing their shtick.

• Sympathy 1