jetstream23

So the Jets would be winless without Jamal Adams. He's won both games for us.

A couple of things that I've come to enjoy this season;

- if something is good or bad, on a unit of 11 players, it's all one persons fault.

- if we win, the talent on the team is encouraging. If we lose, the talent on the team is terrible.

- injuries/talent are an excuse for offense/Gase, not for Defense/Greg Williams.

- because we look to put all the blame on one individual we defend Sam Darnold/offense for not performing because look at what he has around.  The same defense cant be made for Jamal Adams and the defense because Watson/Mahomes, positional value, trade value, etc 

I lose more brain cells on JN than I do with alcohol and weed.

Well, we know our defense sucks with Jamal Adams.  We also know we need 5 new starting Offensive Linemen next year.  I'll take the risk.  

...and our offense sucks with Darnold even worse than our defense sucks...
It does not tempt one to dump him.

Adams is a player and is not at fault ghat we took him instead of other players ghat were available at the time. Trading him for picks does not mean that we can use those picks to change a draft that already happened. We also won’t get 5 OL bodies for him. I just want to keep decent players.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

21 minutes ago, greengeek said:

...and our offense sucks with Darnold even worse than our defense sucks...
It does not tempt one to dump him.

Yet you fail to see the problem that we need 5 new starting O-Line....yet should not only avoid trading Jamal Adams but should also eventually pay him $14-15M a year?

22 minutes ago, greengeek said:

We also won’t get 5 OL bodies for him. I just want to keep decent players.

No, but we might be able to take 2 OL in the 1st.  Last time we did that?  We got D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold.  Pretty good haul. 

You keep those "decent players" at non-premium positions, and we're still in the same mess we've been in since 2016.  We traded Leo and that looks like it worked out pretty well for us.  

9 hours ago, TJ said:

960x0.jpg?fit=scaleCan he grow his hair as long as Troy?

Jamal Adams on those Steelers teams is probably just as good as Troy Palamalu 

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2019 at 5:24 PM, jetstream23 said:

Interesting.

Discuss.

Yeah, but he cost us the Jaguars and Dolphins games so he's not back to scratch yet.

SAR I

On 11/10/2019 at 5:55 PM, Untouchable said:

LOL

You aren’t getting a Khalil Mack package for Adams.

This is just goofy.

Elite edgerusher >>>>> Very good safety 

The only positions less valued are kicker, punter and fullback.

Fact

years of control

6 hours ago, HessStation said:

Jamal Adams on those Steelers teams is probably just as good as Troy Palamalu 

No doubt this game was a vision of Jamal Adams as a reality.

you build around a palette like that and the real question is: is Jamal Adams potentially as good as Darelle Revis as a DB? 

his impact is almost there... he’s like darelle revis combined with John Abraham.

regret the day they trade him like they traded Abraham 

Jamal is an elite safety. People on here saying he’s just a good player are in denial. He’s likely making all pro again this year. Good players don’t make the all pro team. We could possibly be trading away a future HoF.

It’s risky because we could bomb the picks we get for him. There’s no easy decision here. I think the path forward is to build an above average OL and get a couple of CBs and an edge. So even though I think he’s a great player, I’d side on trading him if we get something like a 2020 1st, 2021 2nd; and a 2020 5th. Not guaranteed but I’d rather have an above average OL, an average OL and an average safety than an elite safety. For a team like Dallas and Baltimore that already has a good OL, the opposite is likely true. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Jordan Jenkins on Jamal Adams after Sunday’s win:

“You learn to deal with all the little noise,” Jenkins joked while standing at his locker. “I told him today, ‘Jamal, you may talk a lot of trash. I may not be able to stand your school and can’t stand you sometimes. But darn it, you keep doing that? I can deal with you.'”

This says a lot about Jamal’s character in the locker room. “Can’t stand you sometimes” “I can deal with you”.

There are probably other that feel the same.

Keep playing well Jamal so we can get a bigger package than a #1 an 3.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, JiF said:

A couple of things that I've come to enjoy this season;

- if something is good or bad, on a unit of 11 players, it's all one persons fault.

- if we win, the talent on the team is encouraging. If we lose, the talent on the team is terrible.

- injuries/talent are an excuse for offense/Gase, not for Defense/Greg Williams.

- because we look to put all the blame on one individual we defend Sam Darnold/offense for not performing because look at what he has around.  The same defense cant be made for Jamal Adams and the defense because Watson/Mahomes, positional value, trade value, etc 

I lose more brain cells on JN than I do with alcohol and weed.

Hot-takin’ Jets Fan-boi: What do you want Jamal Adams to do, he’s playing with street free agents at literally every other position on the team.

Also Hot-takin’ Jets Fan-boi: ADAM GASE SHOULD BE 6-3 WITH THIS TEAM GET LINCOLN RILEY IN HERE STAT

9 minutes ago, prime21 said:

“You learn to deal with all the little noise,” Jenkins joked while standing at his locker. “I told him today, ‘Jamal, you may talk a lot of trash. I may not be able to stand your school and can’t stand you sometimes. But darn it, you keep doing that? I can deal with you.'”

This says a lot about Jamal’s character in the locker room. “Can’t stand you sometimes” “I can deal with you”.

I’d extend Jordan Jenkins today, just for that quote. Von Miller money.

• Haha 1

Right this couldn't be a teamate exaggerating his feelings for a teammate in a playful manner ...

Jesus this board makes me laugh

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Right this couldn't be a teamate exaggerating his feelings for a teammate in a playful manner ...

Jesus this board makes me laugh

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

There is usually truth and hidden messages when people say things in a playful manner.