Jamal Adams Appreciates JetNation

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why do people think anyone who disagrees with them must "hate" the subject being disagreed about?  It's such a silly cliche at this point.

No one "hates" Adams.  

Some of us value him, as an NFL player asset, less than other folks do. 

Some of us dislike his endless selfish "look at me" bravado and social media obsessions, the "loudly celebrating when down by 30" aspect, but generally that view isn;t limited to Adams, it's something we dislike about most of the modern NFL.

Some of us believe Safety, specifically a Safety who plays mostly like a run-stopping Linebacker, is a "nice to have" asset, it's not a "must have" asset for a 2-7 team.

Does Adams make good plays?  Absolutely.  He was very good yesterday.  

Is Adams what THIS Jets team needs most to return to competitiveness?  No.  And that should be obvious.

If we can convert Adams into two starting O-linemen, we are instantly a better team going forward.  Because we will never be competitive when the best aspect of our team is a run-stopping Safety.

We need to make Darnold be the best player on our team.  Till then, actually competing is never going to happen.

Offense, specifically franchise QB's, win in the NFL.  Safeties do not lead to winning in the NFL.  

None of this is "hate".  Like the NFL, it's not personal.  It's just business.

You wrote a thread after week 1 bemoaning the fact we didn't draft TJ Hackeysack 3rd overall.  

Ryan Griffin may have more yards this year.

You dont grossly overdraft offense just because they play offense.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why do people think anyone who disagrees with them must "hate" the subject being disagreed about?  It's such a silly cliche at this point.

No one "hates" Adams.  

Some of us value him, as an NFL player asset, less than other folks do. 

Some of us dislike his endless selfish "look at me" bravado and social media obsessions, the "loudly celebrating when down by 30" aspect, but generally that view isn;t limited to Adams, it's something we dislike about most of the modern NFL.

Some of us believe Safety, specifically a Safety who plays mostly like a run-stopping Linebacker, is a "nice to have" asset, it's not a "must have" asset for a 2-7 team.

Does Adams make good plays?  Absolutely.  He was very good yesterday.  

Is Adams what THIS Jets team needs most to return to competitiveness?  No.  And that should be obvious.

If we can convert Adams into two starting O-linemen, we are instantly a better team going forward.  Because we will never be competitive when the best aspect of our team is a run-stopping Safety.

We need to make Darnold be the best player on our team.  Till then, actually competing is never going to happen.

Offense, specifically franchise QB's, win in the NFL.  Safeties do not lead to winning in the NFL.  

None of this is "hate".  Like the NFL, it's not personal.  It's just business.

"Business" is contracts and manipulating players salaries. Has nothing to do with how a player or a team perform on a field. You don't look  at the 'business' aspect to determine what a team is lacking or in need of - you just get the players and take your chances.

I agree that we need to make Darnold the best player on the team, but you don't get rid of the best player to accomplish that. Just GOOD drafting and GOOD coaching - and the Jets lack both and this moment.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

"Business" is contracts and manipulating players salaries. Has nothing to do with how a player or a team perform on a field. You don't look  at the 'business' aspect to determine what a team is lacking or in need of - you just get the players and take your chances.

I don't agree with this at all.  Decisions on player personnel is absolutely part of the business of the NFL as well.

I agree that we need to make Darnold the best player on the team, but you don't get rid of the best player to accomplish that. Just GOOD drafting and GOOD coaching - and the Jets lack both and this moment.

Agree to disagree.  A Safety has never, ever, been the "best player" and driving force on a Super Bowl champion.  I do not value Admas as you do, and would happily trade him away from two legit starting O-linemen (or the opportunity to draft them).  I simply see that as the better route from our pathetic current position to a place where we are a legit contender.  I don't see Adams as a long-term asset here, so better to divest at maximum value that asset than eventually lose him for nothing.

You may love Adams, but be assured, he's never going to resign here and he doesn't love us Jets Fans at all, no matter the B.S. he peddles on his Social media.  The day he hits free agency, he's going to the highest bidder....and then he'll tell them how much he always wanted to play for them and be there and loves their fans.

Note, none of this is critical of Adams PLAY.  He's a very good Strong Safety.  I simply don't value even a very good or all-pro Strong Safety over two studly O-Linemen (or the chance to get them).

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't agree with this at all.  Decisions on player personnel is absolutely part of the business of the NFL as well.

Agree to disagree.  A Safety has never, ever, been the "best player" and driving force on a Super Bowl champion.  I do not value Admas as you do, and would happily trade him away from two legit starting O-linemen (or the opportunity to draft them).  I simply see that as the better route from our pathetic current position to a place where we are a legit contender.  I don't see Adams as a long-term asset here, so better to divest at maximum value that asset than eventually lose him for nothing.

You may love Adams, but be assured, he's never going to resign here and he doesn't love us Jets Fans at all, no matter the B.S. he peddles on his Social media.  The day he hits free agency, he's going to the highest bidder....and then he'll tell them how much he always wanted to play for them and be there and loves their fans.

Note, none of this is critical of Adams PLAY.  He's a very good Strong Safety.  I simply don't value even a very good or all-pro Strong Safety over two studly O-Linemen (or the chance to get them).

You need to quote me were it is stated that Jamal does not want to play here, and doesn't like the fans, I must have missed it.

Ok, we can disagree, but i really don't look at a player for what he says. It's how he performs on the field that matters.  We're not talking badminton  players or politicians here. It's an emotional game - some players say emotional things. 

I'll take Warren Sapp's outlandishness over any of his peers that make politically correct statements any day. But that's just me.

9 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

I'll take Warren Sapp's outlandishness over any of his peers that make politically correct statements any day. But that's just me.

Warren Sapp had 96.5 career sacks as a DT and appeared in 9 playoff games that included a Super Bowl victory.  

Yapping while producing is fine.  Yapping while being overrated and a career loser is not. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@T0mShane I bought you an early Christmas present. Post your PO Box in Hell's Kitchen or let me know what dumpster to leave this under. 

If you still shower at the YMCA I can leave it at the front desk or maybe at the Salvation Army building if they are allowing  you back in after the mens room incident. 

@JiF

Image result for pink jamal adams jersey

Offering me a shirt now? What a reversal of fortune

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@T0mShane I bought you an early Christmas present. Post your PO Box in Hell's Kitchen or let me know what dumpster to leave this under. 

If you still shower at the YMCA I can leave it at the front desk or maybe at the Salvation Army building if they are allowing  you back in after the mens room incident. 

@JiF

Also, summoning JiF? Disgusting, even for you, JiFwilly12

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@JiF

@T0mShane

john cena omg GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

You wrote a thread after week 1 bemoaning the fact we didn't draft TJ Hackeysack 3rd overall.  

Ryan Griffin may have more yards this year.

You dont grossly overdraft offense just because they play offense.

I feel like every time you do this, it doesnt age well. 

I'm going to prioritize Hackeysack in fantasy next year.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

You need to quote me were it is stated that Jamal does not want to play here, and doesn't like the fans, I must have missed it.

I don't, and you didn't.  That was my opinion. 

It is my opinion that he will bolt the second he hits Free Agency.

Ok, we can disagree, but i really don't look at a player for what he says.

I do.

It's how he performs on the field that matters.

Of course it matters.  I've yet to hear an argument, from anyone, why we should build our team around a strong safety, or why that string safety is of more value than O-Linemen for Darnold.  

Assets are assets.  You move some to hopefully get better ones for what you want to do.

I want to do offense.  That starts with the O-line.  I can replace Adams with adequate play (enough to provide effective 0 WAR, to use a baseball term) with a mid-rounder.  Because Safeties only do so much.

If he were a QB, with that kind of effect, perhaps.  

He's not.  He's just a very good strong Safety.  You do not build teams around Strong Safeties.

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't, and you didn't.  That was my opinion. 

It is my opinion that he will bolt the second he hits Free Agency.

I do.

Of course it matters.  I've yet to hear an argument, from anyone, why we should build our team around a strong safety, or why that string safety is of more value than O-Linemen for Darnold.  

Assets are assets.  You move some to hopefully get better ones for what you want to do.

I want to do offense.  That starts with the O-line.  I can replace Adams with adequate play (enough to provide effective 0 WAR, to use a baseball term) with a mid-rounder.  Because Safeties only do so much.

If he were a QB, with that kind of effect, perhaps.  

He's not.  He's just a very good strong Safety.  You do not build teams around Strong Safeties.

You can make opinionated arguments all you want but bottom line , Adams is the BEST PLAYER on the Jets , bar none, at the moment. If he does get traded, it won't be for just a #1. JD knows his value.  You don't kick a leader and a difference maker off the field because you have to make improvements in other areas. That's poor player management. 

If the Jets can get a deal like what the Cowboys did with Hershall Walker, certainly , but just a  #1? Not happening.

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Warren Sapp had 96.5 career sacks as a DT and appeared in 9 playoff games that included a Super Bowl victory.  

Yapping while producing is fine.  Yapping while being overrated and a career loser is not. 

So your comparing an entire career's player stats with a player only in his third year?   That just had 2 sacks the last game and TD to boot? Pretty weak......

3 minutes ago, Bomberjet said:

So your comparing an entire career's player stats with a player only in his third year?   That just had 2 sacks the last game and TD to boot? Pretty weak......

Yes.  Because Jamal compared himself to future HOFer Aaron Donald.  He set the bar that high, not me.  

I like Adams but the Jets have been so bad at drafting and signing the right players that they simply don't have the luxury of having their best player be a SS.

If they can get a 1&3 you take it without question and draft offense.

The single most important thing this team should care about is protecting Sam - until then nothing else should matter.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:22 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

We need picks to do that.  No quality free agents are coming here without significantly overpaying them.

We have 4 "early" picks in the first 3 rounds so far.  Figure it out without losing your best player.  Our history with quality free agents has been a pathetic we need Avery Williamson type guys. 

On 11/11/2019 at 2:19 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Brian Dawkins averaged about 3 INT's and 15+ PD's per season over the course of his career.  He was a ball hawk.  By comparison, Adams averages 0.7 INT and about 9 PD's per season.  

I have heard that as well and while he doesn't have the numbers that Dawkins does he plays at the same speed and hits like Dawkins hit.