Keep Gase, Fire Gase or Be An Indecisive Know-nothing Who Waits for Perfect Information?

jetstream23

What should the Jets do with Adam Gase?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Jets do with Adam Gase?

• Fire him BEFORE the end of the season (to save Sam and move on quickly to start the search for a top HC candidate)
    • Fire him AFTER the season (he's not the right guy but it doesn't make sense to terminate in-season)
    • Keep him into next year, the 2020 season (Sam likes him and nobody could do much better with this team's lack of talent)
    • I don't know, I want to see more, I'm confused and I'm the guy who holds everyone up at Drive-Thru windows because I can't decide
  2. 2. What does Adam Gase have to do for you to want him back in 2020?

• There's nothing he can do. I want him gone no matter what!
    • He has to win out the schedule! Jets go undefeated the rest of the way.
    • He has to win almost all of the remaining games (maybe 1 loss) and the offense needs to look much improved.
    • He just needs to win the winnable games (Miami, Cincy, Washington, Raiders?) and maybe one of Pitt, NE, Buffalo.
    • The team just has to look better, improvement on O and D, and play hard the rest of the way. W's and L's don't matter with this roster right now.
    • I want him back in 2020 no mater what!

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
More

Jets Front Office Was Reportedly Split Before Hiring Adam Gase http://bit.ly/2pP0pwn  #Jets

EJCNtPZW4AAZpAh.jpg

Further confirmation of the brain dead ownership and idiot GM. Two of your top targets backed out because you insisted on saddling the, with assistants they did not want. If you are willing to commit to the coach let him hire his own staff for gods sake. This friggin team and its idiotic ownership .

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

At this point, Gase and Darnold have to be tied at the hip barring a complete and utter collapse and loss of the team the rest of the year.

Darnold is already in a horrible situation. He has horrible line, below average receiving targets, and is playing in his 3rd offense in 3 years. These guys are not robots, and QB's need some stability and some help around them to succeed.

If you give up on Gase, you might as well just draft another QB in this draft and move on from Darnold because asking him to succeed in a 4th offense in 4 years is insane. 

Im older than all of the instant gratification Jets fans, and remember the days when Coaches were given years to implement their systems and get the players that fit what they want to do. QBs were given years to develop. Now, half way through one season everyone KNOWS what a QB is, and KNOWS what a coach is. 

Patience for patience sake is stupid, but so is a lack of objective analysis. In no way am I sold on Gase, and my though is he is likely not a good HC. That said, Mike Maccagnan was public enemy number 1 for his God awful roster building, now Gase is trying to make a good meal out of really bad ingredients. 

The smart thing to do would be to build up the line and get some good targets for Sam and Gase, and see what they have next year. If they still struggle, you start over the following year with a new coach and QB, and at least you have some line talent and some WR's to give them a fighting chance and help evaluate them.

You make some good points but the characterization of Jets fans—of all people—being instant gratification types is unintentionally funny.

One consideration is that Williams is rehabilitated enough after the bounty thing to be given another shot at HC. We may lose him in 2020 and certainly in 2021 if we don’t give him that chance here. I understand some people don’t want him at HC so it’s moot to them and that’s fine.

Put me in the wait and see camp.

As of today, I'd want him fired at the end of the season.  However, if the Jets go on a run and Darnold starts to look much improved, I think you need to stick with him.  As poorly as I think Gase has done, you can't discount all the injuries and illnesses this team has endured since the beginning of the season.

It would not be ideal to put Darnold in his third new system in three years.  How often have we seen a quarterback succeed long term after such a tumultuous start to a career?  If the Jets show anything the last 7 games of the season, you almost have to stick with Gase just for continuity and stability's sake.  If the Jets flop for the rest of the season, then you have no choice but to take your lumps and admit the mistake of hiring him in the first place.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

You make some good points but the characterization of Jets fans—of all people—being instant gratification types is unintentionally funny.

Yeah, I guess it is kind of funny, but its true. If QW isnt dominating day 1, he absolutely sucks, if a QB has a learning curve, he absolutely sucks, if a HC isnt great on day 1, he absoutely sucks. Mind you, all these things could be true, but even if they don't all suck, its likely not happening on day 1.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Yeah, I guess it is kind of funny, but its true. If QW isnt dominating day 1, he absolutely sucks, if a QB has a learning curve, he absolutely sucks, if a HC isnt great on day 1, he absoutely sucks. Mind you, all these things could be true, but even if they don't all suck, its likely not happening on day 1.

There is still a sizable minority here who think Sanchez and Geno could’ve been good players “with weaponz.” Not sure where you’re hanging out but the biggest “problem” (if Jets fans indeed have one) is clinging to hope for way too long.

• Upvote 1