Jets and Knicks ownerships are the worst

Both teams have had great opportunities to excel with elite personnel that were great coaches.  The Jets had Bellicheck and the Knicks had Pat Riley.  We know the success the both the Patriots and the Miami Heat have had with these elite individuals. 

The chance of any of these two teams to succeed is if they are both sold to a competent owner.  It starts from the top and the respect that players, fans and coaches have for the ownership of the team.  Players like Durant didn't see the vision of the Knicks or as a favorable team to play.  The Jets have been passed by other good players as well.  

We need new ownership in order to see any of these teams win a championship in our lifetime. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Both teams have had great opportunities to excel with elite personnel that were great coaches.  The Jets had Bellicheck and the Knicks had Pat Riley.  We know the success the both the Patriots and the Miami Heat have had with these elite individuals. 

The chance of any of these two teams to succeed is if they are both sold to a competent owner.  It starts from the top and the respect that players, fans and coaches have for the ownership of the team.  Players like Durant didn't see the vision of the Knicks or as a favorable team to play.  The Jets have been passed by other good players as well.  

We need new ownership in order to see any of these teams win a championship in our lifetime. 

The Wilpons are just as bad... Jets didn't lose Belichick... He didn't want to work for the Johnson's... If Hess didn't die I am not sure that would have happened.

Rangers succeed despite Dolan... So there is an element to just winning and the owners will leave it alone.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are out of your mind.

In a sport where everyone makes the playoffs, the New York Knicks have won a only a single playoff series since 1998.

Since then, the Jets have made the playoffs 7 times, played in 14 playoff games, and won 7 of them, advancing to the Conference Finals three times. 

SAR I

And the Knicks have how many playoff appearances since 1998? 7

Lol

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The Jets acting owner is the worst but under Woody Johnson the Jets had their best stretch of sustained success in Jets history. Even in our darkest times under Woody (12-16) we never saw back to back losing seasons.

Because Woody inherited a contending roster from Bill Parcells

And if you think Woody has nothing to do with the current sh-tfest because he’s busy in Europe with the made up job okay

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Because Woody inherited a contending roster from Bill Parcells

And if you think Woody has nothing to do with the current sh-tfest because he’s busy in Europe with the made up job okay

He also inherited cap hell from Bill parcells and 3 HCs quitting on the team thanks to Bill parcells

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Skeptable said:

The Wilpons are just as bad... Jets didn't lose Belichick... He didn't want to work for the Johnson's... If Hess didn't die I am not sure that would have happened.

Rangers succeed despite Dolan... So there is an element to just winning and the owners will leave it alone.

Actually not quite. I recall that period very distinctly. That particular time when Parcells was stepping down from coaching there was an ownership change taking place.

Parcells highly endorsed Belichick to the Johnsons. The Johnsons were not responsive to this for what reasons that were never determined. This went on for several days to about 2 weeks without any word to even indicate they were for the proposal. So Bilicheck decided to hold a press conference and submitted his resignation on a paper napkin. 

It was poorly handled by the Johnsons. Bill was waiting in the wings but the Brothers Grimm gave no indication that they were supportive of Parcell's idea. 

It's safe to say that the Johnsons were a big part of N. Englands success.  The Pats should hang Chris's portrait in a hallway leading to their locker room.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

imo it's just foolish to lump the johnsons in with the dolans or wilpons.  the johnson's don't seem to meddle into team business as much as the other guys plus they have spent a small fortune putting up a great training facility.  and they've been pretty patient with their coaches and gm's.

much as players can make more money playing in ny, they also have to put up with many distractions so they do stupid things like dui in the lincoln tunnel or being in a stopped car in the middle of a new jersey road.  plus nj and ny are not great paces to live these days.  the taxes are high and it's pretty hard to get around.

as for free agents, they don't want to go to losing teams.  they may say they're indispensable players or like a challenge but in truth they still need a team around them to shine.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

This is sort of like the Gase vs Kotite debate over who was/is the worst Jets coach. (Obviously Rich Kotite is the worst by a mile).

Woody Johnson and his house sitting brother are horrible owners but Jimmy Dolan is definitely the Rich Kotite in this scenario.  

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

In a sport where everyone makes the playoffs, the New York Knicks have won a only a single playoff series since 1998.

Since then, the Jets have made the playoffs 7 times, played in 14 playoff games, and won 7 of them, advancing to the Conference Finals three times. 

SAR I

But do you believe he owes Christopher Johnson an apology? 

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The Knicks are easily the kings of NYC incompetence. I don't think any of the other franchises are even close.

The Knicks are the Raiders of the NBA.  Brief period of past greatness dwarfed by decades of subsequent bumbling incompetence.  

I'm setting my stopwatch...

17 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Chris Johnson should be stripped naked throw a bucket of water and whip it for a few time just for his impulsivity of hiring Gase over the obvious choice McCarthy or allowing a lame duck GM to make all the move for the incoming GM, I mean who in the right mind do that sh..t?.  At the same time, there is no comparison, Dolan is a walking circus.  

Adam gase and David Fizdale have a lot of similarities.

Both coaches that players disliked - Gasol and Landry

Both coaches have been around HOFers that hyped them up - Lebron and Payton

Both coaches have been fired from the First HC job - Fins and Grizzilies

Both coaches sucked in their Second job as a HC using the roster as a excuse - knicks last year  jets this year

And the same is going to happen to them - Fizdale fired on his Second season and Unfortunately Gase Will be too.

17 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Bellichick wasnt a great HC when he left.  He was a failed HC that no one in our fanbase wanted.  I remember Joe Benigno whining that we were stuck with the "loser"

Riley left, just like Bellichick for the same reason, they were handed the keys to the kingdom with full and total control.  Bad argument, theres plenty of real screw ups

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Bellichick wasnt a great HC when he left.  He was a failed HC that no one in our fanbase wanted.  I remember Joe Benigno whining that we were stuck with the "loser"

Riley left, just like Bellichick for the same reason, they were handed the keys to the kingdom with full and total control.  Bad argument, theres plenty of real screw ups

Belichick without Brady would have been the same HC his replacement Al Groh was

Dude is the Phil Jackson of football.  He tells Brady to throw a td and everyone thinks it’s genius.  When Brady leaves NE he will be running to the Giants 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bomberjet said:

Actually not quite. I recall that period very distinctly. That particular time when Parcells was stepping down from coaching there was an ownership change taking place.

Parcells highly endorsed Belichick to the Johnsons. The Johnsons were not responsive to this for what reasons that were never determined. This went on for several days to about 2 weeks without any word to even indicate they were for the proposal. So Bilicheck decided to hold a press conference and submitted his resignation on a paper napkin. 

It was poorly handled by the Johnsons. Bill was waiting in the wings but the Brothers Grimm gave no indication that they were supportive of Parcell's idea. 

It's safe to say that the Johnsons were a big part of N. Englands success.  The Pats should hang Chris's portrait in a hallway leading to their locker room.

What are you talking about?  Woody hadn't even taken over the Jets when BB quit.  It was Parcells who didn't let BB know what he was doing (even though he knew he was stepping down) and BB had a contact to take over once BP stepped down.

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Guess you missed the two Bills documentary when Belichick said the exact opposite of that.  He met with Woody and then quit.

I saw the documentary, I don't recall that happening.  Please show proof of that with context.  Woody didn't take over until after BB quit.  Him leaving was all about getting out from under BPs shadow and being upset with BP for not telling him what he was going to do.

The crap jet fans will spew towards Woody is amazing.  We had the best run in franchise history under him and it all happened while the Patriots/Brady had the greatest dynasty in the sport.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Bomberjet said:

By the way, if BB was pissed at Woody for not taking his recommendation (this is obviously false, I'm just using this as an example) then he never would have stayed on as an exec under Woody.  BB and BP had a long running feud after he walked out on us. Woody allowed BP to talk him into hiring Al Groh, you don't think BP could have talked him into BB?  Woody revered Parcells, he tried to make him the highest paid coach TWICE.  The first time after he bought the team, the next time after Groh quit.  Woody loved BP and never would have gone against him.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Sports are about championships. Wins along the way just make it more enjoyable. Mets, Knicks and Jets and even Rangers fall short. 

19 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Losing Belichick was a killer.  Pat Riley was a great coach but coaching (while definitely important in the NBA) is far and away the most important in the NFL.  On top of that, Jeff Van Gundy was every bit as good as Riley (if not better) imo.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

Don’t you dare bundle the crap Knicks in the same sentence as the Jets. 

SAR I

Agreed.  Dolan has done a terrific job as owner of the Rangers while the Johnson family have driven the Jets into the ground.  Plus the Johnson family let the GOAT HC slip through their fingers and right into the hands of a divisional opponent.  Absolutely unforgivable!

Also, the Johnson family have embarrassed Jet fans to the point of requiring them to rent out a plane 2 different times because there's no accountability in this organization.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The Johnsons didn't own the Jets in 1998.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Johnsons didn't own the Jets in 1998.

Wow, I didn't know that, it's not like I was the first fan to shake hands and speak to Woody Johnson on Opening Day 2000 at Green Bay or anything.  "Thanks for keeping the team in New York, Mr. Johnson", I said.  "You're welcome, I like your jersey" he said, pointing to my brand new Pennington #10.

We are comparing franchises.  Not owners.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Wow, I didn't know that, it's not like I was the first fan to shake hands and speak to Woody Johnson on Opening Day 2000 at Green Bay or anything.  "Thanks for keeping the team in New York, Mr. Johnson", I said.  "You're welcome, I like your jersey" he said, pointing to my brand new Pennington #10.

We are comparing franchises.  Not owners.

SAR I

"Jets and Knicks ownerships are the worst"

We're comparing franchises, not owners?