Deep Thoughts

Jetster

It's been published in the NY newspapers that Joe's plan was to retain like two players along the OL and cut or trade EVERYONE else. I have to think Edoga is in Joe's future plans? I cannot imagine Douglas giving up on him after only one season? He'll have a chance to compete for a spot. No guarantees he's good enough, possibly just depth, but he's going to get a shot. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Up to this point, I think Gase has been terrible. His job is to improve the team. The sign of a great Coach is when even the worst guy on the team improves by the end of the season. I don't see that and the disaster that was (and is) the O line has to fall on Gase's plate since these are the guys he had in training camp and he seemed surprised that they were as bad as they are. In a nutshell, Gase is a poor self-scouter. He has been unable to understand how best to use the players on his team and until the 4th quarter of yesterday's game had not made any successful in-game adjustments.

While is seems apparent the team has not quit and while I do think Gase is a top-notch X's  and O's guy, he is not a good HC. We already know Gase leaved the D entirely in the hands of GW. So what does Gase do as a HC who only coaches the O side of the ball. Does anyone think he listens to any other voices in the offensive room? It's pretty apparent that he does not since he huddles by himself to figure things out. Great coaches listen to the assistants to figure out what needs to be done. That's why the HC hired them. Because he trusts them. Gase coaches the O all by himself and, for that reason, he is destined for failure. 

Wow, you've learned all of that in 9 games with this Oline & injuries. You can always find a DC. I'm not going to judge this offense until they fix the Oline & get some more WRs in here & a healthy Herndon. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Wow, you've learned all of that in 9 games with this Oline & injuries. You can always find a DC. I'm not going to judge this offense until they fix the Oline & get some more WRs in here & a healthy Herndon. 

Did you forget that last season's O line was .....

Tackles -- Beachum, Shell, Qvale

Guards -- Winters, Carpenter, Dozier

Center -- Long, Harrison

Last years O line talent was either worse or equally bad as this year across the board, but somehow, while they performed poorly, they managed to occasionally create holes for RBs and not allow free rushers on every thrid pass play.

That's a coaching problem!

You said WRs too. Hmmmm... who were the WR's last season?

Robby Anderson, Jermaine Kearse,, Quincy Enunwa, Terrelle Pryor, Charone Peake, Andre Roberts and Deontay Burnett

This years WRs are far more capable than last year's crew. What you are seeing is BAD coaching.

As far as injuries, that can be an excuse for the D, but somehow they've preformed admirably even though they are down to their 6th and 7th string ILB and 4th and 5th string CBs.

Why? Because the D has good coaching.

Bottom line is that Gase has made the O worse even though he has equal or better personnel than last season (and I didn't even mention Bell).

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

56 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

It's been published in the NY newspapers that Joe's plan was to retain like two players along the OL and cut or trade EVERYONE else. I have to think Edoga is in Joe's future plans? I cannot imagine Douglas giving up on him after only one season? He'll have a chance to compete for a spot. No guarantees he's good enough, possibly just depth, but he's going to get a shot. 

you gotta wonder who the two players are.  winters is most likely gone as is beachum.  kalil was a one year wonder. that leaves harrison, edoga, shell?, lewis.  my guess is edoga and lewis.  i doubt if any of the others are kept even as back ups.  maybe compton?

21 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

No more f-ing defensive lineman . THEY ARE ALL LOUSY FOR US . O_LINE O_LINE O_LINE

imo if they do have a chance to draft young they will also have a chance to trade out of the pick.  i agree on them needing top flight oline but if young is there then they have to seriously consider taking him.  he's a top flight edge rusher.

• Upvote 1

Hold up, It was one game, one game against the giants, one of worst defenses in the league and without 4 starters on the offensive line, without engram or sheppard don't let this game fool you, this roster is still bottom 5 in the league, we're years apart from anything. And don't even get me started on coaching.

• Upvote 1

Deep thought hot take - The Dline looks way better without Leonard Williams on it. Everyone just looked engaged and focused. 

I'm not really trying to blast Leo... But it just really seemed (yesterday at least) like that group was more cohesive of a group then when Leo was out there. Just felt like they worked better as a unit then we've seen in  a while.

Obviously more interior pressure would be nice... But I think that will come in the future when they find an edge rusher to take some attention away. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

This is my dream. Keep Lewis, keep Edoga, keep Compton, keep Harrison. All good depth pieces. No one has a guaranteed spot, every position along the OL is up for grabs. JD is my hero.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Deep thoughts, you say? Come back in 7.5 million years, and I'll give you mine. 

Thank you for you input. I think your in wrong internet site? The Trolling blowhard site is www.trollingblowhards.com

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

imo if they do have a chance to draft young they will also have a chance to trade out of the pick.  i agree on them needing top flight oline but if young is there then they have to seriously consider taking him.  he's a top flight edge rusher.

I'm not crying if Chase Young is there & he's our pick. Pass Rusher/Oline/CBs/Wrs

This is not a 1 year rebuild so you have to fill those pcs at every chance. We'll have a high #2 & 2 threes to look at Oline & CBs too. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Hold up, It was one game, one game against the giants, one of worst defenses in the league and without 4 starters on the offensive line, without engram or sheppard don't let this game fool you, this roster is still bottom 5 in the league, we're years apart from anything. And don't even get me started on coaching.

LOL! I'll quote you, "This roster is bottom 5 in the league" 

How come we're only 2-7? Gase is a coach, not a miracle worker. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Under ZERO circumstances can the Jets take a defensive player with their 1st round pick in 2020.  Wherever they end up picking, they need to take the best offensive lineman on the board and if a blue chip defensive player is on the board for their pick, they need to trade down and gain some draft capital.   Darnold needs to be protected or else this franchise will continue to spin its wheels.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

you gotta wonder who the two players are.  winters is most likely gone as is beachum.  kalil was a one year wonder. that leaves harrison, edoga, shell?, lewis.  my guess is edoga and lewis.  i doubt if any of the others are kept even as back ups.  maybe compton?

I checked the OTC website.  Currently, in 2020 Winters, Harrison, Edoga and Conor McDermott are under contract.  As much as I would love to cut Winters, that could be hard.   Compton and Lewis are not even under contract.  

17 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I want OL too but if Chase Young is there and they don't trade the pick they almost haVe to take him

Unless you grade Wirfs better than Chase Young, based on the projection above, I think you take Chase Young after Thomas is gone.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

I want OL too but if Chase Young is there and they don't trade the pick they almost haVe to take him

The win yesterday dramatically decreased the likelihood we'll be in position to draft Chase Young but if he's staring us in the face I think it's a no-brainer. I get the gripes from people who don't follow college football but this dude has the potential to be the best pass rusher in the NFL. He's a monster.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The win yesterday dramatically decreased the likelihood we'll be in position to draft Chase Young but if he's staring us in the face I think it's a no-brainer. I get the gripes from people who don't follow college football but this dude has the potential to be the best pass rusher in the NFL. He's a monster.

Look at what Nick Bosa is doing in San Fran. 

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

Can Chuma Edoga secure the RT spot? He obviously was terrible at LT but seems really comfortable at RT. Let's hope so as that just leaves us 4 other spots that need to be upgraded on the Oline instead of 5. 

With the Bengals, Redskins & Dolphins all needing QBs and Tua, Fromm & Burrow all moving up the boards this upcoming draft reminds me of the Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Jackson draft. Thank god they are all showing flashes it gives hope & conviction to these teams to draft a QB this year. Every QB taken drops an Olineman down to the Jets. Those 3 QBs plus Chase and its 4 spots. Things are lining up for the Jets in this draft, Thomas, Jeudy, that we might be choosing from. Good early sign.

Dline is set, we have a good group of youngsters. LBs are set once everyone is healthy next year. 

Could Bless Austin be Maccs last shot in the dark that works out? You'd think he had to hit on one of these right?

Watching Vikings vs Cowboys last night made me dream of giving Darnold Weapons like Diggs or Cooper. Anderson is a 3 at best. I have no idea how the Cowboys can pull off signing Zeke, Lawrence, Dak and Cooper? If they can the NFL needs to investigate but if Cooper becomes a free agent the Jets need to target him. He gets better every year & has huge confidence. Oh, on a side note, Macc passing on Cooks for another safety was another nail in that guys coffin. Jets would not be paying Bell for his services. Double whammy!

We had a Wesco sighting. And Herndon being brought back slowly. I see Trevor as jack of all trades versatile player like the Pats use Devlin. Gase needs to coach him up as a game specific chess piece. Everything said about Wesco was great character high motor. These are the quiet guys that are job specific that play more than one role but it takes time for them to get comfortable in them. 

Not one player has quit on Adam Gase. This team played hard. Well Trumaine Johnson quit but that happened as soon as Macc gave him 17 million a year. Get use to it. Gase is here for the duration. I believe he'll adapt once he gets the players he wants in here. Coaches learn something every year. He just doesn't have all the pcs in place yet on offense but I think he knows what he wants and Douglas will get those guys. This is the last year that Robbie Anderson is our #1 WR. 

The only thing that matters the rest of the way is that the team doesn't quit & Sam takes care of the ball like he did yesterday & win or lose plays within himself & stops playing like a wreckless rookie. Sam believes in Gase and that's what's important. I'm positive Adam is coaching up Sam. I just think Adam put too much on his plate relative to the talent around him & realized he had to reign him in again. Sam is like a wild Bronco with the fence (Oline) broken. He hurts the team when he doesn't protect the ball & he's still learning a new system.

I'm under no illusion that this isn't a bottom feeder roster but the team does have some strengths. Unfortunately those strengths are not in places that are important to fielding a playoff team, Oline, CBs, Pass rushers & Pass catchers. 

Joe Douglas knows this better than Macc. Let the building begin & it started with that great Leo trade. Macc would have resigned Leo & everyone here knows it. Macc validated himself, which ruined this team for 5 years. It's a new day....finally. 

Dallas also has to pay Byron Jones. I'd gladly take both next year lol

• Upvote 1