Did Herndon get hurt again?

WowOhWow

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I know. I'm just nitpicking because I really think he's a legit longterm answer for us at a position that always appears to be a blackhole. 

He's a f*cking STUD & was really coming on. He's the best TE in the AFC East by far & his stupidity has really hurt the team & especially Sam Darnold. When your #1 WR is Robbie Anderson, you need that TE that can get down the field. 

Rogers- Devante Adams

Watson- Hopkins

Dak- Cooper

Brady- Edelman

Mahomes- Hill

It's ridiculous that Anderson is our #1. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I know. I'm just nitpicking because I really think he's a legit longterm answer for us at a position that always appears to be a blackhole. 

He was fine, just working back slowly. He caught a pass or 2. Westco actually caught just as many passes. And, Griffin has been getting utilized as well. Yesterday more emphasis was with passes to the WRs. Robby, Thomas, and Crowder got most of the passes and there are only so many throws to go around since even when you run poorly, you need to run 20+ times a game like the Jets did against the Giants just to keep the D honest.  

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

He's a f*cking STUD & was really coming on. He's the best TE in the AFC East by far & his stupidity has really hurt the team & especially Sam Darnold. When your #1 WR is Robbie Anderson, you need that TE that can get down the field. 

Rogers- Devante Adams

Watson- Hopkins

Dak- Cooper

Brady- Edelman

Mahomes- Hill

The rumor was that teams were calling the Jets at the trade deadline (possibly including Philly) looking to trade for Robby Anderson to be their WR3.  That tells you all you need to know about how the league views Robby vs. the role the Jets have been forced to put him in.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Rogers- Devante Adams

Watson- Hopkins

Dak- Cooper

Brady- Edelman

Mahomes- Hill

Robbie is no longer our #1. He might line outside but he’s an afterthought in this offense. Sam, Bell, DThomas and Crowder are our entire offense. 

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I didn't want him targeted all day, I just would have liked to have seen him more involved. That's all. It's not a big deal, it's just something I noticed. 

If you didn’t want him targeted, not saying 15 times, saying during the entire game, what did you want to see him used?  That all I’m asking

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

If you didn’t want him targeted, not saying 15 times, saying during the entire game, what did you want to see him used?  That all I’m asking

I think I've been fairly clear. He played 18 total snaps on offense. So I would have liked to have seen him out there for more than that. That's all. 

But now it looks like he suffered a broken rib during the game so that could explain things.

41 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think I've been fairly clear. He played 18 total snaps on offense. So I would have liked to have seen him out there for more than that. That's all. 

But now it looks like he suffered a broken rib during the game so that could explain things.

A broken rib would explain a lot.

37 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Total lost season for Herndon. Feel bad for the kid. 

There seems to be other things at play with him that we're not privy to (also why he fell in the draft). His suspension was totally on him though- which totally derailed everything following. Talented player who will get his chances.

It is me or is it relatively rare in the NFL for players to get broken ribs now?

Wouldn't you think receivers would break ribs all the time...except they have pads?

As we know, if its too good to be true...it is.  We thought Mac struck gold finding Herndon in round 4, but maybe other teams passed on him because he is a knucklehead?