Amazon owner Jeff Bezos reportedly interested in owning NFL team

joewilly12

12 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The Johnson's are not selling the team no matter how bad we may want them to.

I could see Woody losing interest after being physically and mentally separated from it for years. Chris has no ownership stake, does he? 

On 11/11/2019 at 4:28 PM, batman10023 said:

a simple google search shows many of your numbers are false.  for one, the 100B (give or take) is post the divorce.   second the divorce cost him about 25%  (but already factored into the 100b number).

and i am pretty sure the staggering rollercoaster has nothing to do with his "net worth".  losing 35B in the divorce means probably very little to him.  

Really? You really think that losing 35 billion means little? It's a chest crushing amount of money to lose 

It's like 10 Woody Johnsons. 

by the way measuring wealth at that level is not precise. 

"A simple google search" based on what? Forbes magazine is essentially an educated guess 

I.e. Bezos owns X number of shares of AMZN therefore he's worth Price of AMZN times X.  That's only part of the picture 

What's his cash? What's his gold? What about his other non-stock CAPITAL? What are the Jets worth to Woody?  It can be appraised, it can be estimated, it is not a real number until he sells it. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Really? You really think that losing 35 billion means little? It's a chest crushing amount of money to lose 

"A simple google search" based on what? Forbes magazine is essentially an educated guess 

I.e. Bezos owns X number of shares of AMZN therefore he's worth Price of AMZN times X.  That's only part of the picture 

What's his cash? What's his gold? What about his other non-stock CAPITAL? What are the Jets worth to Woody?  It can be appraised, it can be estimated, it is not a real number until he sells it. 

36-26-34 is a real number.

NINTCHDBPICT000449587798-e1542330363816.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

so you are saying if he has 145 BILLION instead of 110 Billion it makes a difference?  nope not at all.  he can have whatever he wants at 110B.   i doubt it's "Chest crushing" at all.  if anything it's probably "chest relieving" if he was ready for some more fun in his life.

he owns amazon stock, some private space ventures, WaPo and homes.   it's actually quite easy to measure his wealth.

if i were you i'd stick to the draft discussions where you know what you are talking about :-)

16 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

so you are saying if he has 145 BILLION instead of 110 Billion it makes a difference?  nope not at all.   

Objectively you are correct

but these guys exist purely for the score

that's why they are billionaires not just millionaires. For many, cashing out at the 100 M level is just fine 

a billionaire doesn't need to make money at all... but they still do every day and it brings them joy even though they didn't really need it 

POV the day you lose 1 billion, let alone 35 of them... none of can presume to know what that feels like 

it probably feels like the joy making a billion, but in reverse ... 35 times over 

On 11/11/2019 at 10:22 PM, Pac said:

I support the removal of mentally compromised, morally bankrupt, philanderous mutants who are incapable of telling the truth, from positions of power.  

at the end of the day if 2 pigs are in a race I prefer that the friendly one that does some cool tricks win rather than the one that sh-ts all over the house, sleeps all day, and bullies the other pigs.

If that's your comp, then you voted for him. 

34 minutes ago, funaz said:

Seriously, if your networth is 145Billion, and you lost 143 billion overnight, guess how much your lifestyle changes.

It doesnt. Because anything you want to buy with 145billion you can buy with 2billion. You still would make more money each year from interest alone than you could spend in a lifetime. This is absolutely crazy how some people are crying for billionaires, who only get there by stealing form the public. It's also socialize the losses and privatizes the gains. 

i think there is a big difference between 145B and 2B.  but 145B and 100B?  nope.

38 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Objectively you are correct

but these guys exist purely for the score

that's why they are billionaires not just millionaires. For many, cashing out at the 100 M level is just fine 

a billionaire doesn't need to make money at all... but they still do every day and it brings them joy even though they didn't really need it 

POV the day you lose 1 billion, let alone 35 of them... none of can presume to know what that feels like 

it probably feels like the joy making a billion, but in reverse ... 35 times over 

i don't think Bezos does it for the "score".  He wants to create a great company.   the money isn't driving him.

America is very different than other places in that many of our wealthiest people will donate the majority of their wealth. 

i expect Bezos in time to sign the giving pledge like his ex wife.  

• Upvote 1

What is the difference between 145 billion and 2 billion? Your looking at it by percentages and not with how much money that actually is.

If you have 100k in the bank you are closer to someone with 20 million in the bank than someone with 20 million in the bank is to a billionaire. 1 billion is an absolute obscene amount of money that none of us can really even comprehend.

i think there is a big difference between 145B and 2B.  but 145B and 100B?  nope.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Incorrect, it is 100% about self driving ego, and wanting more and more. It's not about a great company, not about doing good, it's about hoarding and measuring his dick against others

Zuckerberg is exactly the same way, as are all billionaires. Even gates and buffet who pledge to give away their fortunes after they die, it's all self driven greed

i don't think Bezos does it for the "score".  He wants to create a great company.   the money isn't driving him.
America is very different than other places in that many of our wealthiest people will donate the majority of their wealth. 
i expect Bezos in time to sign the giving pledge like his ex wife.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, funaz said:

What is the difference between 145 billion and 2 billion? Your looking at it by percentages and not with how much money that actually is.

If you have 100k in the bank you are closer to someone with 20 million in the bank than someone with 20 million in the bank is to a billionaire. 1 billion is an absolute obscene amount of money that none of us can really even comprehend.

No doubt 1 billion is a lot of money.  But you can’t buy a nfl team for example. It’s not the same as 100b. 

1 hour ago, funaz said:

Incorrect, it is 100% about self driving ego, and wanting more and more. It's not about a great company, not about doing good, it's about hoarding and measuring his dick against others

Zuckerberg is exactly the same way, as are all billionaires. Even gates and buffet who pledge to give away their fortunes after they die, it's all self driven greed

Let’s agree to disagree. 

I have met numerous billionaires over the years.  They work because they love it and are competitive.  Perhaps that is clouding my view. 

• Upvote 1