Sam Says Jets Can Still Make Playoffs

THE BARON

18 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Just play well Sam. Keep working hard and good things will happen.

Agree fully.  After the "ghosts" game, I heard some of the pundits say that Sam is already ruined and wont recover.  Then, we see him with a solid performance vs. the Giants.  Looks to me that Sam is very solid above the shoulders and has strong character.  Adversity does not keep him off track,  He's the guy you want.  Despite a media bashing and one of the worst offensive lines the Jets have ever fielded, he's still positive and he's still making a lot of nice throws.  I'm glad the Jets drafted him and I'm glad Douglas took over for Mac.   We'll see a much improved o-line next year after the off season and we'll see a lot more good things from Sam. 

• Upvote 2

9-7 is not out of the realm of possibilities and they way teams play going down the stretch will determine how unrealistic this statement is.  who would've thought the doltfins or browns would win their games this weekend?  or even the cowgirls losing.  there's still quite a bit of shuffling to go.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Agree fully.  After the "ghosts" game, I heard some of the pundits say that Sam is already ruined and wont recover.  Then, we see him with a solid performance vs. the Giants.  Looks to me that Sam is very solid above the shoulders and has strong character.  Adversity does not keep him off track,  He's the guy you want.  Despite a media bashing and one of the worst offensive lines the Jets have ever fielded, he's still positive and he's still making a lot of nice throws.  I'm glad the Jets drafted him and I'm glad Douglas took over for Mac.   We'll see a much improved o-line next year after the off season and we'll see a lot more good things from Sam. 

Not to mention all the nonsense about having the #1 pick, drafting Tua or Burrows and trading him to the highest bidder. After the Dolphins game I really thought we might just lose out and get the #1 pick. Now I'm back to thinking we might end up with 5 wins. 

But as far as Darnold, what ese is he supposed to say? He's a competitor. Jamal never gave up. Most of these guys are still playing hard.  

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Hmmm... Not only does he see ghosts, he might be hearing them too :-)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/11/sam-darnold-supports-adam-gase-thinks-playoffs-are-possible/

Just kiddin' a bit...  Good to have a positive outlook.  You see yourself doing good and it happens.

It is important he goes into every season with this mindset for as long as we are not mathematically eliminated. Also, we go JD to see if he can draft anywhere in any rounds and get the players we need. So, I do not want to hear we are blowing draft position when it is more important for our QB to grow as well as our culture to change in the right direction. I agree whole heartedly with Parcells when he says the only thing you learn from losing is that you are sick. 

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

Look at Sam's highlights from yesterday. Each one shows him

a) Making a throw with a defender in his face
b) Making a throw with a defender on his back.
c) Running for his life.

I appreciate his optimism, but this team is going nowhere with that O-Line. 

I watched highlights of the Cowboys-Vikings game and holy sh!t.....those receivers were making circus catches for average QBs (Dak, Cousins).  One after the other, balls thrown high...balls thrown low...catch, catch, catch.  There were AT LEAST 5 catches that were either toe-tapped in the sideline or one-handed grabs.  And here I am....watching Darnold pull rabbits out of hats and throwing catchable balls only to have them either dropped or a penalty bring the play back.

Watch this.... seriously.  Circus catches.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I watched highlights of the Cowboys-Vikings game and holy sh!t.....those receivers were making circus catches for average QBs (Dak, Cousins).  One after the other, balls thrown high...balls thrown low...catch, catch, catch.  There were AT LEAST 5 catches that were either toe-tapped in the sideline or one-handed grabs.  And here I am....watching Darnold pull rabbits out of hats and throwing catchable balls only to have them either dropped or a penalty bring the play back.

That's cause the Qb's and receivers aren't average, they aren't great but they are above average, they are good they are pro's. They all have had time to gel O lines, Qb's and Rec's.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Those are two teams that understand the value of offensive playmakers and a strong line up front. The Jets on the other hand stumble onto a blue chip QB, and put him behind one of the worst O-Lines I've ever seen. The kid has been under siege each week, with no run game (again, because no O-Line) to relieve some of the pressure he's under.

What we are witnessing are the results of decades of neglect on the offensive side of the ball. 

• Upvote 2

So Sam is channeling his inner Rex Ryan!  lol

I like the optimism Sam.  If anything, this kid is a quiet, positive leader who shows he's not going to stop competing....and he expects his team not to stop either.

nah - he said we can, not we will which is what Rex might say ?

He's not wrong, despite it being the longest of long shots.

• Upvote 2

Still fantasizing that Darnold is better than Cousins, eh?  Oh Jets Fans....

• Thumb Down 1