RonaldJet

NYJ pass defense the last three games

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Adams was one of the reason Barkley didn’t so anything, he was eating his lunch. He’s only one player he can’t do anything. His job was to contain Barkley, job done. 
Even with 6 sacks, a ton of pressures and no running game the CBs still gave up 4 TDs, they suck. 

at least one of those td's was clearly on misplaying the screen pass.  the defender was supposed to set the corner but got out of position.

give jones some credit.  the jets have bad corner play and he took advantage.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This the issue, not just now but long term.

Adams had a great game yesterday but in my mind you are sacrificing too much by having to or choosing to use players in this way.

We have no CBs and no pass rushers.  We can;t be using a safety as a pass rusher or run stopper all the time because it leaves you exposed in other areas.  You can't give safety help to CBs when you need to.

I am still on the trade Adams band wagon as much as ever even after a great game last night because we need CBs, pass rushers oline and wrs far more than a pass rushing run stopping safety that leaves other areas of your defense exposed.

Hey adams looks great making these plays as we watch our bad corners get eviscerated and watch other teams kill us with under neath routes.

I also think he is going to be an issue when it comes closer to contract time.

His value is at an all time high.  Trade him now and address two other positions in the draft.

fair enough.  i don't think anyone would say no to a trade that gives them a boatload of picks.  but keeping adams isn't all that bad either.  he may be a smart enough player to when to play run and go after the qb or even cover the te or slot.  he also said a lot of good things after the game.  if the bs about the trade knocked him down a few notches as far as leadership goes, yesterday brought him back up.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company