Whos going to D.C.

kevinc855

From a Washington DC Jets club----   Evening before, Irish Channel is a bar where they meet.

- Saturday Evening Gathering at the Irish Channel and the Charter Bus. Just a couple of reminders… There will be a gathering of JETS fans (including the Charlotte Jets Fans) at the Irish Channel on Saturday night beginning at 7:30 – 8:00pm. Please feel free to attend!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:
From a Washington DC Jets club----   Evening before, Irish Channel is a bar where they meet.

- Saturday Evening Gathering at the Irish Channel and the Charter Bus. Just a couple of reminders… There will be a gathering of JETS fans (including the Charlotte Jets Fans) at the Irish Channel on Saturday night beginning at 7:30 – 8:00pm. Please feel free to attend!

Thanks for the heads up. Any tailgate on game day? 

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

That’s not far from where we’re staying.  Maybe I’ll show up.  Probably not because there will probably be someone who wants to punch me for calling them and their stupid opinions stupid.  But, you know, it is possible.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

So.. the DC club is renting a bus and heading to the stadium from that bar. I have a seat on that bus BUT since im from out of town, I'm just gonna hang with them, they will all hang together before the game.  

Cool if you guys are hanging out in the parking lot post on here where you guys are so maybe we can find fellow green allies

23 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Going with my 11 year old, so I really hope there are no issues. Going to sit near the field, which generally means a better crowd, in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This is my 10th year road tripping with my dad, we’ve never been met with anything less than extremely welcoming receptions.  I think, in general, you’re treated how you act.  Obviously outliers may occur, but excepting some bad football, I think you guys will have a great time.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

On 11/12/2019 at 7:38 AM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Go to a game in Philly with your Jets gear . You car will have slashed tires when you get back after the game .

Went to Philly this year with my buddy.  That game was so bad that the Philly fans were actually nice to us.  I guess they figured it was abuse enough that we spent money on flights, hotel, tickets just to watch Luke Falk leading an incompetent offense in a game that was over before it began.  They couldn't do anything worse to us than the Jets did that day.  You know your team really sucks when Philly fans treat you well.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Update: Just ordered a steak that cost more than two 11th row 50-yard-line tickets.

Nice. Theres some good but expensive spots in DC. Food is one of thr primary reason I travel, but its heavily ingrained I'm culture not just fatassery

26 minutes ago, CTM said:

Nice. Theres some good but expensive spots in DC. Food is one of thr primary reason I travel, but its heavily ingrained I'm culture not just fatassery

I spoke to my father about it tonight... Almost $200 steak for two, and it was disappointing.  Are white tablecloth steakhouses still relevant in the world of food?  Wells’ Luger takedown rings pretty true.

11 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I spoke to my father about it tonight... Almost $200 steak for two, and it was disappointing.  Are white tablecloth steakhouses still relevant in the world of food?  Wells’ Luger takedown rings pretty true.

Relevant in a forward looking sense? Nah. Much more interesting things happenning with food these days from modern takes on the traditional to new options that werent widely available 20 years ago. Two of the best meals Ive had this year were a modern take on Southern comfort food when I was in Austin and this Israeli chef named Michael Solomonov who has a few amazing spots in philly one of which just earned the James Beard award for best restaurant in the country. 

But on the occasion I do pop in to one (and I'd include traditional seafood and Italian here), usually with one of my folks, I have to admit more often than not I come away pleasantly surprised even when starting out with a negative attitude. Just happenned in October with my mom at this dated,  dingy old school Italian place that was dead on a Saturday night. I grew up eating Italian food and coming to places like this. I was brought there kicking and screaming with a poor attitude but somewhere in the middle of the meal I was forced to admit I really enjoyed the food, and the experiance, which used to be mundane  was now novelty.

Incidently, had a really good meal in DC last year at Zaytina, whose creater Jose Andres is well regarded chef and a noted humanitarian (recently a noble nominee), all at reasonable prices.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Hotels VERY cheap this weekend. I’m in the district for $120.   normally I pay $300.     On flight now to DC from NC, lots of Jets fans on plane. Crazy....

Yeah, paid similar - a little more - per night.  Haven't seen any Jets gear yet, but expect more today.