Injury Updates: Herndon Fractured Rib & Winters Dislocated Shoulder

Lith

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Fixed.  I see no way he comes back unless it's at a substantial discount for one season.  Still doubt that happens here.

Could also be the last snap of any Idzik draft picks, unless Enunwa manages to make a return nexty season.

• Upvote 1

Just now, chirorob said:

This is a guy who played last season with a torn core muscle.

He's been hurt, and he is probably done, but he is someone who gave everything he had to be a good player on the team, and shouldn't be treated like garbage.

Super 

And he’s been compensated to the tune of $8 million a year for the last 3 seasons despite being the weakest link on the OL throughout that span.

Yeah, my deepest sympathies for Brian Winters. My heart truly aches for him.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Super 

And he’s been compensated to the tune of $8 million a year for the last 3 seasons despite being the weakest link on the OL throughout that span.

Yeah, my deepest sympathies for Brian Winters. My heart truly aches for him.

Fans complain that players don't have loyalty to the team.  Then they play through injuries, and fans act like that.

He's probably done, and he was well paid.   The team will hopefully improve, but you don't need to treat a player who actually played hurt like that.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

let's count who we are without now (vs the start of the year):

Enunwa

Mosley

Williamson

Osemele

Trumaine Johnson

Herndon

Winters

Who else?

Bellamy

Siemian

Cashman

Miles

Cannon

Hewitt (May be back at some point)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Fans complain that players don't have loyalty to the team.  Then they play through injuries, and fans act like that.

He's probably done, and he was well paid.   The team will hopefully improve, but you don't need to treat a player who actually played hurt like that.

Treat him how?

The guy dislocated his shoulder. He didn’t suffer a life threatening or even career ending injury.

Brian Winters will be cut, some other team will pick him up at $2-3 million a year for depth/to compete for a starting position and hopefully the Jets improve by replacing him. Shouldn’t be difficult.

I’ve wanted him gone for the last 3 seasons and now it will finally happen.

Brian Winters I’m sure doesn’t care that some anonymous fan on a message board is happy that his time as a Jet is coming to an end.

• Upvote 1

• Wasn't Herndon hurt in college alot, which is why he dropped?  He has an injury bug.  He will have a great 4th year and sign elsewhere.
  • Winters has been frustrating since the day he put on a Jets uniform.  He did better in a power blocking scheme.  He is a big guy for whom football has been the best thing to happen to him and his family.  Winters is a conundrum-he is not worth what is due to be paid next year, but he is one of four OL under contract next year, one other being Conor McDermott.  
  • To the Winters point and generally, I would hope that Douglas finds 2 players on another teams PS and signs them.  Keep doing that.  The 2020 draft has begun.