Injury Updates: Herndon Fractured Rib & Winters Dislocated Shoulder

Lith

37 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Fans complain that players don't have loyalty to the team.  Then they play through injuries, and fans act like that.

He's probably done, and he was well paid.   The team will hopefully improve, but you don't need to treat a player who actually played hurt like that.

I was hurt watching but the Jets aren’t paying me sh*t.

Not sorry. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

The big issue here is WR/weapons next year.

you certainly can't count on Enunwa, looking like you can't count on Herdon, seems like they're not going to keep Robby.

It's such an F-in mess this team right now.  Everywhere you look there are gapping holes.

Can’t compare Herndon to Enunwa. I don’t see any reason to think Herndon can’t comeback in 2020. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

I'm excited that Winters may be done as a Jet for good. Compton is much better.  In recent news Herndon is the next Enunwa.

Compton is not under contract in 2020.  Glad he looked good yesterday.

That was another Mac thing-he was supposed to be building a team, but he loved the one year rentals, and he did not have the bandwidth and aptitude to extend players prior to their contracts expiring, when he at least had some bargaining power. 

Let’s see what Joe D can do in the next 2 months. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southtown24th said:

let's count who we are without now (vs the start of the year):

Enunwa

Mosley

Williamson

Osemele

Trumaine Johnson

Herndon

Winters

Who else?

Cashman

Hewitt

McClellan

Kalil (not that it matters)

Rontez Miles (AKA Jamal Adams Lite)

Bellamy

Cannon

Siemien

Qvale (injured just before the season started, and, in retrospect, a much more significant injury than people probably think, because we would've never had to play Edoga at LT when Beachum went out)

Enunwa

Mosley

Williamson

Osemele

Trumaine Johnson

Herndon

Winters

Who else?

Mosley and Williamson are big losses.  Enunwa is talented but never healthy.  Trumaine Johnson, Osemele and Winters were not contributing very much even when healthy.   Herndon looked good last year but is still TBD.  Injuries are part of the game in the NFL.  Again, when Darnold is out, that's one thing.  The rest should be replaceable enough to be far more competitive with the Dolphins and Jax than we were.

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Winters due $7.5MM next season with no cap hit if cut.  Probably played his last snap as a Jet.

I'm thinking his last snap in NFL.  He's good enough to play, but damn, he literally just stuck his arm out and it dislocated itself.  Can't see how thats fixable.  My guess is its been an issue all along and just got to the point where it failed completely.  Maybe Keleche was right.

Enunwa

Mosley

Williamson

Osemele

Trumaine Johnson

Herndon

Winters

Who else?

All guys who were expected to start.  We're now looking for dudes off the street to fill in and in the case of Mosley and Williamson, the fill-ins are hurt (Hewitt, Cashman).  Amazingly...and sadly, at least 3 or 4 of those guys (who we wish we had right now) we were also looking to upgrade.

The Jets are a complete personnel disaster right now.  Not sure how you even evaluate people or try to measure whether or not Darnold is progressing on this sh*tshow of a team.

2 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

Can’t compare Herndon to Enunwa. I don’t see any reason to think Herndon can’t comeback in 2020. 

Of course you can.

He was oft injured in college

Injured twice this year

Those aren't good signs....Of course they're not the same person but there is absolutely reason for concern.