Can Adam Gase save his job?

NYJ1

With the fan base anyway? We all know Gase will be back next season. There's no way CJ, IMO, will fire Gase after only one season. But in the eyes of the fans he's terrible and he should be fired at once. So what must he do to get you the fans supporting him? 

For me, I see 4 very winnable games left on the schedule: Redskins, Bengals, Dolphins, and Bills. I think the Jets will finish at 5-11 or even 6-10 after all the negative stuff I've been posting. Just a few weeks ago I thought they wouldn't win 4 games. 

If the Jets finish 5-11 does that renew any faith you may or may not have had in Adam Gase? For me, with how untalented this roster is, going 5-11 would be nothing short of a miracle. I would support him if the Jets went 5-11 or better.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Nah. The fans who want Gase fired would rather see us lose and for Darnold to play poorly, so that they can be right. 

I would hope not. I would think fans would LOVE to eat crow if it meant something good happened to the Jets. Unfortunately the negative views are mostly the correct ones with how this team has been. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Or they’d rather see Darnold’s career not ruined by an awful HC and OC. It has nothing to do with being right, we’ve already been proven right. 

I’m expecting a strong second half of the season from Darnold, despite the sh*t hand Mike Maccagnan dealt him. If Darnold looks like complete sh*t then I’ll be on board the fire Gase train. 

I think he'll stay.  "Smiling idiot number 1" will still be in charge.  It was his decision so he'll give Gase as much extra rope to hang himself as he needs.  As long as Sam can still win a couple more games and not look terrible doing so (which is completely possible with games against the Redskins and Bengals) I think Gase is safe.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Ravens were 4-5 w/ Flacco last year

Then went 6-1 w/ Lamar....    all else beinig equal.

Lamar made the difference and continues to do so.

Sam? Not so much. Turnover machine until he proves otherwise.

I must have missed all those turnovers yesterday.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I, for one, look forward to throwing away 2020 and another year of a possibly good to great QB on a rookie deal with Adam Gase at the helm not knowing when to call timeouts and letting Patton Oswalt throw the challenge flags. 

Does he throw them??  I thought he just picked them up after gase threw it.

The almighty gase cant be bothered to pick up the flag.  Hobbit, you do it.

38 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Ravens were 4-5 w/ Flacco last year

Then went 6-1 w/ Lamar....    all else beinig equal.

Lamar made the difference and continues to do so.

Sam? Not so much. Turnover machine until he proves otherwise.

You seriously needed to be banned. Having a controversial take, not liking someone is fine, just trying to incite people on this board just shows what a POS you are.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Sure, if he runs the tables with an organized team, limited penalties, game plans that look to be both effective and strategic - and restores faith in us that Sam can grow under his watch -- sure.

Thus far, that's like asking to wake up with John Holmes' 3rd leg.