Can Adam Gase save his job?

NYJ1

21 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You seriously needed to be banned. Having a controversial take, not liking someone is fine, just trying to incite people on this board just shows what a POS you are.

dear john....

facts that are hard to face suck, i know. i am a Jet fan. reality DGAF.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets beat the Redskins, the fans should sue to get their money back from the plane banner guys.

LMAO.  The Redskins QB is still trying to throw his first NFL TD.   If the Jets manage to lose this game, Gase should be fired after the game.   Worse loss than the Fins. 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

Ravens were 4-5 w/ Flacco last year

Then went 6-1 w/ Lamar....    all else beinig equal.

Lamar made the difference and continues to do so.

Sam? Not so much. Turnover machine until he proves otherwise.

He had Deshawn Watson...BEAT.

He had Future Hall of Famer Aaron Rodgers...BEAT, at the end of last year, while rolling up the highest QB Rating in the NFL over the last quarter of 2018....Bowles D gave BOTH of those games away giving up the lead in the final drive, that’s NOT on Darnold.

Started 2019 with Mono, played Buffalo with Mono and should have beat them, came back and first game against Dallas was AFC Player of the Week....had 3 lousy weeks in a row, lots of it to do with injuries to his team, the worst OL in football and very suspect coaching.

So you’re saying it’s time to look for a new QB?

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Nah. The fans who want Gase fired would rather see us lose and for Darnold to play poorly, so that they can be right. 

I don't understand this place sometimes...

Why are people even talking about this a day after we beat the Giants.

It's so stupid.

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Ravens were 4-5 w/ Flacco last year

Then went 6-1 w/ Lamar....    all else beinig equal.

Lamar made the difference and continues to do so.

Sam? Not so much. Turnover machine until he proves otherwise.

hey all you lame neg reppers lets bet some money on careers of sam and lamar?

no? tuck your junk back where it was so you look smooth as a mannequin.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The best argument for keeping Gase is that the Johnson brothers will replace him with Brian Schottenheimer 

You know what? I'm starting to feel the best argument to keep him is to annoy the people who wanted him fired after 4 games.

I'm not exactly crazy about the guy, but come on, give him a chance.

The shame of it is it's mostly the guys who think Darnold can do no wrong that want him fired. It's never Sam. It's the OL, it's the weapons, it's the coach... something is always "ruining him".

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

hey all you lame neg reppers lets bet some money on careers of sam and lamar?

no? tuck your junk back where it was so you look smooth as a mannequin.

Were you that clown in 2013 proclaiming RG3 the best QB in the class after 1 year? 

Because anyone that thinks they have all young QBs figured out after a few games is a fool.  

Darnold could easily end up being the best, or Lamar or Allen. Maybe Kyler Murray this year will be better or Daniel Jones. No one knows this early. 

It's clear that Lamar is dynamic but we'll see what happens when he isn't the fastest guy on the field in a couple of years after a bunch of hits and injuries.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You can't get picked off when you are running the ball.

You're really digging deep here aren't you?

Because there is no way Sam is even comparable to Jackson, and they're well into their second season. Jackson blows him away in every category you can name. The only young QB taken in the last two years you can say Sam has been better then is Rosen, and that's it.

Sam hasn't gotten any better then he was the day he was drafted.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

You're really digging deep here aren't you?

Because there is no way Sam is even comparable to Jackson, and they're well into their second season. Jackson blows him away in every category you can name. The only young QB taken in the last two years you can say Sam has been better then is Rosen, and that's it.

Sam hasn't gotten any better then he was the day he was drafted.

this place is so chock full of dudes who wanna fellate one of the worst qbs in the league.

leo was the bpa!!!! jamal was the bpa!!! sam was the best qb!!!

all hype 

deshaun and mahomes and lamar = ballers. jets? losers.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

this place is so chock full of dudes who wanna fellate one of the worst qbs in the league.

leo was the bpa!!!! jamal was the bpa!!! sam was the best qb!!!

all hype 

deshaun and mahomes and lamar = ballers. jets? losers.

They all hate Macc because he couldn't draft anyone worth a damn. Yet they're all convinced Darnold is the outlier, even though using any metric they want, he's been terrible. 

They kill QW and Jamal. They killed Leo. But never Sammy...

Okay so I as a JETS fan would like to state that I Like Adam Gase, I am hopeful and actually WANT to see him be successful!?  Aside of Patton Oswalt, there are ALL kinds of intriguing names and talent on this coaching staff.

I think some of you guys need to give it a rest and back off the ledge! This is the first year of a new program a totally new coaching staff a new general manager and a second-year quarterback. Yes mono, injuries, suspensions, strength of schedule they are all very real. We were starting practice squad players at very pertinent positions like quarterback,  cornerback and inside linebacker. These are facts not excuses.

The players clearly stated after the Giants game that their head coach is the one teaching them to fight through adversity. Yes they really said that, it's real, it's a fact.

This isn't speed dating, it's not a jam band, and it's not Jarred sauce! It's Sunday Gravy Baby and we're making it from scratch! Give it a little time to simmer guys! How can you call yourself Jets fans and then just crap your pants and run away every chance you get? Have a little faith man I think we got some really key ingredients in this is going to be good.

Lastly the ridiculous banter about comparing Sam Darnold to Lamar Jackson  is redundant. Neither of them have played 20 games yet. How would Sam look playing for the Ravens right now since they're one of The Cadillacs of NFL organizations? The Bills are in the third year of their program. You guys are comparing Sam to other quarterbacks?  It's stupid.

The Colts, Patriots, Ravens Etc.. are already well built and have a full head of steam. Any quarterback you insert on those teams is going to look good at this point. How great would Lamar look running for his life and trying to throw to Robby Anderson!?  Exactly!!! Keep your stats for the Brady-Manning argument. In the meantime how about a little support 9 games into the season and a first-year program with our 22 year old quarterback?

• Post of the Week 1

While we have a lot of fans here hating on Gase where is the outrage over Sam throwing the ball to the other team during that losing streak after Dallas? 

The coach didn't throw to the wrong spot. Darnold is still learning, still presses, still throws off his back foot to often, sometimes out of necessity because the line is so bad.

Blame GW for the Bills game, up 16-0 in the 4th & we lose? Come on, his only excuse was he lost CJ Mosely. We're going to keep maybe 4 Olineman from this group & maybe 1 will be a starter. Show me a team cutting 4 of 5 starting Olineman after a season & I'll show you a team picking High in the draft. We've already cut 1 of them & he was high paid guy courtesy of Macc, another high paid guy is on the bench in Kalil, a 1 year rental that JD took a swing at. 

We played 3 games out of 9, 1/3 of the season with a practice squad QB. Gase has faced more adversity than any head coach in the league trying to install a new system, managing a terrible roster to begin with. Sam Darnold needs to get his head out of his azz & stop making horrific decisions with the ball & throw it away. The problem with this is punting the ball away & trying to let the defense win the game is lesson in futility because we have no pass rush, no pro CBs, and no healthy ILBs. 

Hes working with a bad team on both sides of the ball with a 22 year old QB trying to do his job with very little protection, no starting TE, and WRs that don't get open often or quickly. JD knows this, some Jet fans must watch this team with blinders on. You need to be woke. 

Yes, I credit Gase for getting us past the Mac era 

This season was doomed after the worst draft in recent memory (no OL, something Gase seemed to harp on in his mutiny), plus losing Sam for 4 games and Williamson, Mosely and Tru (I had hope GW would turn Tru around) for the year

Gase is not innovative and seems to need players to fit his scheme (like Rex) vs being able to change his scheme to fit his players (my preference) - I don't see that changing so the question is, can JD get enough of those players before the end of Sam's rookie contract (2 years?)   

Since Sam is supporting Gase, I am starting to think his future on the Jets is linked with Gase = new coach, new QB and I am not ready to move on from Sam but also would not pay his 5th year option the way he is playing, so unless we are ready to tear down to the rafters, my guess is we have a year or two of Gase and Sam...