Seattle Seahawks OC

ZachEY

Shotty had to deal  with some of the worst QBs here and as with most ocs got most of the blame when things went bad.  He had a head coach that hated his own offense like his father and made it as tough as possible on the oc.

Funny how the success of some of those teams are gifted to rex or sanchez and shotty was nothing but dumped on.

OC is the most thankless job in all of football.

(Oh also, everyone hates shotty, his offenses still looks better than gase)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Russell Wilson is probably best QB in the league right now. I don’t even watch much football anymore, at least not like I use to, but that guys performance in last nights was astounding. Dude came up big with his arm and his legs. True QB that can put a team on his shoulders abs win games. League MVP right there. 

Of course the 1 time Terry Bradway was right in his entire life banging on the table during the draft for us to take Russell Wilson everyone just looked at him as the guy that took a kicker Mike Nugent in the 2nd round & traded a 1st for Doug Jolly. Like the boy that cried Wolf for god sakes. J-E-T-S.....JETS....JETS....JETS!

• Upvote 1

3 yard curls by all 4 WRs on 3rd and 5.

Empty backfields on 3rd and 1 constantly.

Frequent false start and illegal shift penalties from too many confusing and unnecessary presnap motions.

Long waits for plays getting in to the QB resulting in wasted timeouts and delay of games.  Even after a timeout a few times.

2008; vs Chiefs-calls 25 passes out of the first 28 plays resulting in 3 Favre INT's against a KC team that was near last against the run. When asked about it after the game, "we tried to fool them."

2009: Mark's 5 INT game in 30+ mph winds vs. Buffalo.  (Jets rushed for 300 yards)

A double reverse in a monsoon versus Denver.  Who could forget that beauty?

20 something games without a TD on their opening drive, was it? (Schitty's scripted 15)

Sanchez' best moments were often in the hurry up.  When Schitty didnt have time to do anything.

3rd and 17 deep drop in Pittsburgh.

HOW QUICKLY PEOPLE FORGET?!?!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Schottenheimer didn't run a particularly exciting scheme, but he successfully covered up Sanchez's flaws.

Schott was the adult in the room in Rex's house of dysfunction. He always saw the big picture way better than Rex ever did.

Callahan and Pettine were solid.

Schitty was a complete and total dillweed.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Shotty had to deal  with some of the worst QBs here and as with most ocs got most of the blame when things went bad.  He had a head coach that hated his own offense like his father and made it as tough as possible on the oc.

Funny how the success of some of those teams are gifted to rex or sanchez and shotty was nothing but dumped on.

OC is the most thankless job in all of football.

(Oh also, everyone hates shotty, his offenses still looks better than gase)

1st statement is correct.   OC is thankless and highly criticised.  

But Gase is INFINITELY better than Schitty at scripting an opening drive.   Everyone has to agree with that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Russell Wilson is probably best QB in the league right now. I don’t even watch much football anymore, at least not like I use to, but that guys performance in last nights was astounding. Dude came up big with his arm and his legs. True QB that can put a team on his shoulders abs win games. League MVP right there. 

agreed.  No doubt coached up by their OC tho.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, isired said:

Russell Wilson has got to be the easiest QB on an OC these days. He's very good at most every aspect of the QB game, mental and physical. He's adjusted to deal with his height issue, seeing and moving to find lanes. There was a time when his lack of pocket presence would have made him one of the hardest QBs on an OC, but at this point I think you've got to just trust that.

Come on... he sucks.  That's the only reason Idzik would pass on him. 

Can't tell you how pissed i am as a Wolfpack fan.  I can tell you I KNEW he would be a good QB.

Imagine him with REX.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

After being down 25-0 after the first half because of our defense, the fact that we even had a chance to win the game was remarkable.  Unfortunately though as you said things didn't go our way.

late 1st half he actaullay tries to go for it on 3rd and 17, strip sack fumble return TD...

THE OFFENSE PUT IT OUT OF REACH COS THEY DIDNT DO sh*t THE WHOLE FIST HALF

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

late 1st half he actaullay tries to go for it on 3rd and 17, strip sack fumble return TD...

THE OFFENSE PUT IT OUT OF REACH COS THEY DIDNT DO sh*t THE WHOLE FIST HALF

I don't think we should have attempted to throw downfield on in that 3rd down BUT that play ultimately didn't really hurt us.  The game was 17-0 at that point,  If they sit on it and punt Pitt gets the ball near midfield and likely kicks a FG to go up 20.  After the TD we quicky out up a FG to cut it to a 21 pt deficit.  Basically the same.

The O got the game within 5 with 3 minutes to play and all 3 TOs.  The D then allowed Pitt to run out the clock.

The O barely had the ball all first half because the D was dominated.  Pitt held the ball 10 minutes on their opening TD drive.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, rldev said:

Yeah the Schotty revisionist history is hard to believe. He was terrible and nothing special right now. Everyone should be capable of calling a good game here and there. His record in Seattle is nothing to write home about.

Couldn’t agree with you more.  He was the worst.  He would run plays until they worked.  Then stop.  His receivers all ended up in the same spot.  He had all-pro OL and good running backs.  And yet they were still middle of the pack.  The highest they finished was 11th and most years they were bottom third.  He SUCKED.

There needs to be drug testing performed before people are allowed to post.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Callahan and Pettine were solid.

Schitty was a complete and total dillweed.

I miss Pettine and Callahan.  At least we have a decent DC in Greg Williams.   Wonder what we could have accomplished if Pettine was the DC for Bowles.  Different defense than what Bowles ran I guess.  Or Bowles didn't want the competition from a guy who could take his job.

• Upvote 1